News Peter Ladhams departs for Sydney

Just give Peter Ladhams the rising star nomination now. 100% eligible as he was 20 on Jan 1 this year.

23 disposals @ 70%
12 contested possessions
19 hitouts
7 clearances
6 score involvements and a goal assist

Crazy numbers for a 4 game ruckman. Loved seeing him have the confidence to rip the ball out of the ruck and take possession too.

Turiyasangitananda

Cancelled
May 10, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Isn't it 23?

Ok late run for All Australian.

Seriously i didn't really rate him a month ago.
Now i think he's the difference between us making the finals or not.

We were going to delist him this time last year and it would have been a good idea?

fu**.
Only nuffies were saying to delist a 20 year old ruck prospect.

It's funny how the commentators were saying he was keeping Lycett out. More like Ryder is keeping Lycett out of the team.

Just like in boxing, a southpaw ruck has an unfair advantage because he does things in reverse.

Ladhams and Hayes will be the best ruck combination in the competition within 3 years. It will be like having Max Gawn and Brodie Grundy in the same side.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have to give scotch away for a while ..
Ladhams born 14-01-1998
To be eligible for the AFL Rising Star Award, each year's nominated players must be under the age of 21 at 1 January and have played no more than 10
So by this he is 15 days over.

Don’t you mean under? He didn’t turn 21 until the 14th so on the 1st he was still 20.

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Incredible agility for a 200cm plus guy. Plays like an extra mid. Some things I saw him do he hasn't even done at SANFL level!

That's the thing, it's like this year his coordination has improved out of sight which has redefined him as a player. Guess that is what can happen with young, gangly, growing men.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
He showed it last year too, the last game against North when Billy was promoted, ladhams finally had the chance to be the sole ruck. He dominated just like he had all year this year.

Next year it's ladhams and Hayes are our two ruckmen. It's going to be huge...

Best ruck combo we have had.

Apr 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Last 2 weeks have been very exciting. His round the ground stuff is already elite. Keep in mind though his 2 opponents these weeks have been Zac Clarke (worst player in the AFL), and a 4 gamer who looked completely out his depth. Thats nit Pistols fault of course, he can only beat whats in frontof him, but the next test is playing like this against a capable ruckman. I still remember Pittonet manhandling down in Tassie this year.

Goldy at Marvel gives him this opportunity to really test himself.

jakey

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
There was a handball from Pete, coming away from a stoppage, that he fired behind himself, past about 3 Sydney players and way out in front and to the advantage of DBJ (I think, might've been Houston). Encouraged the player to run into it and get the clearance. The kind of play that I'd be turned on if I saw that from a 3 game small, let alone a huge ruck...super exciting.

I want to see him against proper ruckmen instead of against a collection of CHB’s and 3rd talls but theres a lot to be excited about

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He showed it last year too, the last game against North when Billy was promoted, ladhams finally had the chance to be the sole ruck. He dominated just like he had all year this year.

Next year it's ladhams and Hayes are our two ruckmen. It's going to be huge...

Best ruck combo we have had.

Lycett is still a country mile ahead of the highly promising Hayes.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Lycett is still a country mile ahead of the highly promising Hayes.
Right now he is. Give Hayes a full preseason. The bloke is a freak...
Not trashing Lycett at all, he is in the top 5-6 of the b&f this year. But Hayes and ladhams are legit.

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Right now he is. Give Hayes a full preseason. The bloke is a freak...
Not trashing Lycett at all, he is in the top 5-6 of the b&f this year. But Hayes and ladhams are legit.

I rate Hayes as highly promising but Lycett has been mostly excellent for us and is in far better position to take on the demands of a full time ruck role. Ladhams has been excellent, but as others have mentioned his expeiences so far have predominantly been against third stringers or part timers so aside from McEvoy which was on his debut it's not yet apparent how well he could manage being our lead ruckman against the best. I see Hayes entering the side through the forward line probably through the same sort of pathway Harry McKay or Esava Ratugolea have taken.

Blight started his show today giving a young bloke, said not Rozee, not Duursma, but Ladhams a big wrap. Said he watched him closely on saturday and couldn't believe how good he is for someone who has only played 4 games. Said he expected a ruckman to play like that after 15 or 20 games.

Said he shouldn't be dropped and that one of Lycett or Ryder has to make way to let him play. Reckons if we make finals just pick him and he will get good experience.

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
cool the jets a little, i like ladhams but who did he play on? Sydney didnt have a ruck, i'd like to see him this week against a half decent ruckman in goldstien to make a better assesment, If he goes ok maybe give Lycett a shot against the bulldogs to claim his stake for the 1st final, competition does crazy things to people

cool the jets a little, i like ladhams but who did he play on? Sydney didnt have a ruck, i'd like to see him this week against a half decent ruckman in goldstien to make a better assesment, If he goes ok maybe give Lycett a shot against the bulldogs to claim his stake for the 1st final, competition does crazy things to people
Ryder has never played in a winning final. Has only played in 3.

Lycett is a premiership ruckman. He had a very good September last year.

Ladhams if the future. If he plays well in the next 2 games, Lycett + Ladhams for finals.