Selector's Table, Round 22 Vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Kelly will be back, but their still missing their #2 and #3 midfielders (Coniglio and Ward). I would back Bont, Macrae, Dunkley, Hunter etc to beat Kelly, Greene, Whitfield and Tarranto. Wil be a great midfield battle to watch though.

They will come out firing after losing to Hawthorn though.

Only changes will be forced changes. Richards was among the "weaker" players for us tonight, and even then he really did his job well. There were absolutely no dead weights for the first time all year, so we'd be crazy to take anyone out other than injury/soreness

Taranto sat out the last few minutes of the game with ice on his hammy too, so could be another important out if he misses.

No changes for us unless because of injury, really looking forward to this one...

Josh Kelly will be back, but their still missing their #2 and #3 midfielders (Coniglio and Ward). I would back Bont, Macrae, Dunkley, Hunter etc to beat Kelly, Greene, Whitfield and Tarranto. Wil be a great midfield battle to watch though.

They will come out firing after losing to Hawthorn though.

Coaches and players have enough notice and practice now to know that GWS will come out firing and how to handle it and be switched on immediately.

Get it right this time Dogs !

How good is it to have so many knocking on the door from the seconds and players playing well. Watched the vfl yesterday and West was good, but like the afl, most players looked good as it was a steamroll. id Go in with no changes. Without injuries there are going to be selection headaches over the coming year or 2. Simply can’t fit in all our inside mids and flankers. Great problem to have...

Coaches and players have enough notice and practice now to know that GWS will come out firing and how to handle it and be switched on immediately.

Get it right this time Dogs !

That's the most important thing. A good start. On it right from the first bounce right through to the last second.

The incentive is there so there are no excuses.

No change.

I doubt we make any changes unless there is a forced change

I do worry about English v Mumford/Dawson though, whilst English will kill them around the ground, in the ruck contests he may get manhandled a bit. So if there was a change I’d be looking at sweet to help him out or bring a back in to allow Trengove to help in there.

I doubt we make any changes unless there is a forced change

I do worry about English v Mumford/Dawson though, whilst English will kill them around the ground, in the ruck contests he may get manhandled a bit. So if there was a change I’d be looking at sweet to help him out or bring a back in to allow Trengove to help in there.

That's if Mumford is there. Might be sitting it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please don't tamper with team balance.
Please learn from past errors.
Only change team structure if it's absolutely
Necessary.
Like an extra tall.
Definitely no coincidence we are better structurally without excess inside mids.Who were resting forward and costing us.Now we have real forwards.
And we look a whole lot better.
And Cavarra could be the smoker.Fingers
Crossed.
Libba ,Wallis have been victims of excess inside mids whom are one paced.
Same as Bailey Williams,Brad Lynch and such are excess half backs..
PLEASE DON'T SACRAFICE STRUCTURE
FOR PAST REPUTATIONS OR SENTIMENT.

No change please. Even if Libba is right to go, leave him out. He’s not best 22 right now. Daniel too, while CD might be best 22, I feel we’ve played better without him this year

I like the way Richards plays but he is one of those players you just know is going to miss when he's having a shot - MUST work on this in the off season.

Libba is an enigma. He doesn't stand out in games but then you hear from Bev he's had "a job" to do, eg negating some oppo player. I dunno, I feel as if he needs to have a good talking to, as McLean did, to get him to influence games more. I could be wrong, hope I am.

You cannot change a team that played that well unless it’s an injury.

Suggesting Gowers shows a complete lack of footy knowledge

Didn’t see Friday nights game.

Due to possible suspension? Injury? Or dropped?
He attacked O'Mearas head while he was being held up in a tackle,WWE type stuff.
O'Meara seemed fine afterwards so Mumford will probably get off. Was a pretty crude act though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back