Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such strange perceptions of Ellis.

Very quick, hard running soldier/depth player whose ironed out the questionable parts of his game (even if he's sus by foot).

Hardly disgraced himself playing in a premiership even if others have now gone past him.

Not every depth player has to be a truck with no tricks or damaging aspect of his play.

Our version of him looks like McNeice or Guelfi.

I suppose the advantage is ours because we rely on our guys to keep our salary cap in good shape?

IN: Lewis Taylor (Bris), Brayden Sier (Coll), Darcy Tucker (Freo), Cam Ellis-Yolmen (Adel) and a ruckman
Lewy's a former Rising Star who i think would relish a fresh start as a forward/mid - not injury prone like Raz
Sier big bodied mid who can find the footy but needs to polish his skills
Darcy Tucker to come home to VIC - the perfect option as a rebound defender or shutdown man marker
CEM i think would be a great addition. Ball winner. Good tackler and fierce at it.
Any half decent ruckman not getting a game at AFL or VFL level better than Z.Clarke

Tradables: Brown, Zaka, Raz, Langford, Hartley, Gleeson

Must sign: Franga, Tippa, Redman, D.Clarke, Jok, Draper, Mingma and the Guelf

Adios: Bags, Dea, Mcniece, Long, Myers, Houlahan, Lavender (already ret.)

We need to do everything we can to get Grundy. Hurley + Zaharakis to Collingwood. Make him our highest paid player. Throw a second rounder for Sier as well. Draper's ACL makes him high risk at the moment. TBC is injury prone. He'll also start slowing down with age.

Fantasia to Port. Not sure what we're going to get, but maybe try and squeeze out a late first.

Who we Should target

Will Brodie-Gold Coast
Jack Martin-Gold Coast
Brayden Sier-Collingwood
Charlie Constable-Geelong
Billy Frampton-Port Adelaide
Darcy Cameron-Sydney
Lewis Taylor-Brisbane
Callum Moore-Richmond

Who we should look at trading
Orazio Fantasia
Jayden Laverde
David Zaharakis
Michael Hartley if he leaves
Aaron Francis if he leaves(don’t want him to)

We need to do everything we can to get Grundy. Hurley + Zaharakis to Collingwood. Make him our highest paid player. Throw a second rounder for Sier as well. Draper's ACL makes him high risk at the moment. TBC is injury prone. He'll also start slowing down with age.

Fantasia to Port. Not sure what we're going to get, but maybe try and squeeze out a late first.

We definitely need a ruck but I don't think he's going anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You want to offer Hurley and Zaka (both almost done) for the best ruck in the league? Good luck.

Fully fit, i don't think things are that dire outside the forward line and ruck.

Francis Hooker Hurley^
Saad Ambrose McKenna
Merrett Clarke Shiel
Daniher
Tippa
Stringer* Parish
McGrath Smith Redman* Heppell

*Redman and Stringer to be used more on the ball.
^I would throw Hurley up to entice a gun clearance winner. Cogs, Wines, Taranto (I wish). Someone of that ilk. If they aren't on the table, no big loss.

>60% of our fwd line needs addressing. And the two i'd keep have question marks on staying.
We need to improve the ruck situation too

Grabbing some depth for the middle in Constable and Sier wouldn't be bad options.
But should be prioritised after the fwd line.

You want to offer Hurley and Zaka (both almost done) for the best ruck in the league? Good luck.
Hurley has plenty left. Not sure Pies would need Zaka though
If any combination goes on the table, you'd put Hurley and Gleeson up. They form a fairly decent pairing in terms of playing off each other.

Grundy ain't happening. But if there was an elite mid or forward on the table from somewhere, i'd be taking that deal.

I actually don’t mind the idea of Constable if he’s available. There’s no shame whatsoever in being stuck behind Kelly, Dangerfield, Selwood, Duncan and Ablett as a young player.

Liked what I’d heard of him in his draft year and haven’t heard any obvious commentary that he’s been playing poorly, mostly lack of opportunity.

Peter Wright I believe was drafted as a ruckman. More likely to bite than Grundy.
Brayden Pruess might also have realised he made a silly decision.

Woosha's lack of foresight at the selection table was clear last night, and if you're a young player in our VFL team and not getting selected, last night may have been the decision maker. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if a number of our younger players asked for a trade. You couldn't blame any of:
Ridley
Laverde
Zerk-Thatcher
Hartley (not young but starved of opportunity)
Mynott

By the same token, players like
Langford, Myers, Zaharakis, McNiece, TBell should be on the table

I'm happy for John's papers to be signed as well. There was literally nothing to be gained by playing Baguley or McNiece and we did it again. Could say the same about Myers.

To be wholly uncompetitive speaks for the lack of belief. If we accept that we're cooked it speaks for a pre-season program that was inadequate. This s**t has to stop.

Lol.

Hurley and Zaka for Grundy.

Why don't we call the Bulldogs and offer Tippa and Langford for the Bont while we are at it.

Maybe Freo will give us Fyfe for Laverde and Fantasia.

C'mon guys, be realistic. Hurley, Zaka plus 2 firsts still does not get us Grundy. He is that good.
Lol.

Hurley and Zaka for Grundy.

Why don't we call the Bulldogs and offer Tippa and Langford for the Bont while we are at it.

Maybe Freo will give us Fyfe for Laverde and Fantasia.
All good to sledge, but what's the solution then?

Hurley and Zaka + more of course. I'm not saying that suffices, but that's a start.
They'd want a fully fit Daniher and Hurley for Grundy.

We need a ruck. The best in the league probably isn't an option.
Get our midfield right, and we really only need someone who isn't going to break down and isn't Clarke

Nicholls, Archie Smith, Sean Darcy
Even Ryder if it took that.

Is it worth asking the question of Port for Lycett?
Been dropped with Ryder and Ladhams being first choice. If he's still on the sidelines come years end - he may look to move again to be clear #1. Which he would be for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back