Autopsy Dogs smash the Bombers: 137 - 33

Remove this Banner Ad

Tory Dickson works his f****g ass off. And usually without any reward. One of my favourite ever dogs. He deserves one more year. Even if it is for depth next year.

Has been outstanding. Bev has asked a bit more out of him this season and to his credit has delivered.
When his body is 100% he’s one of our most important forward of centre.

Anyone have the age / games profile for both teams last night?

I’m guessing we got them on games but they get us on age. They have s**t old blokes like Zac Clarke, Brown, McKernan and Myers and even Tippa at 26 is older than 90% of our list but played less. Even their youngest are English age so younger than Smith and Naughton. Not sure how that translates to their best 22, cos there was a lot of old VFL top up going on for the Bombers last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that also one of Ryan Griffens first games where he made the " they didn't try" comment in a post game interview?

Yep his first taste of media and a lesson how careful one needs to be when speaking to them.

Basically said Tigger players were very quiet and on the field and he felt they gave up.

Reading the drug cheats board is lovely.

Couple of things I'm really looking forward to this week.

One is hearing Matthew Lloyd squirm when the Dopers get discussed the other is reading the Dopers board.

'It's all good, it's all good, we'll be OK. Shiel....we won trade week...um, did I mention Shiel?' (as they rock themselves in a corner)

We always seem to come good at this time of year. Last year we nearly took down the unbeaten Richmond, and showed the game plan to beat them, which ultimately other teams did. 2016, of course as well.

Playing Bulldogs is death by one thousand cuts
You tag one player the others kill you

Our midfield has to be top 5 in the league

Number 1 for me. Our midfield stats and numbers have absolutely smoked the rest of the comp for the last 6-8 weeks.
This midfield group is the best I’ve seen at the dogs in the 40 years I’ve been around. Pleasure to watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having McLean and Dale find form at this time of the year is massive. And if Schache can make a cameo like he did tonight and bring the ball to ground really eases the pressure off Naughton. Who again was f*****g huge. He’s going to be an absolute star.

Will Hayes made me eat a s**t sandwich tonight. Albeit being agaits witches hats. He really shown some tricks tonight I wasn’t hire he possessed. Kudos to him and glad he proved me wrong. Let’s hope he can repeat it against GWS.

He runs hard Hayes I don’t know he is in our best 22 but is a great depth player

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn't is a lovely morning everyone? The sun is shining, the gardenias are blooming, the temperature is hitting the mid 20s and we won!

When I woke up only one was true. The important one. :)

Dale has 13 goals in the past 4 weeks. Fair to say the player we thought would come good at the end of 2017, finally has?
He was pretty good before he went down and hasn't played consistently in 2 years. Fitness is a massive thing. Great to see!!

Dale has 13 goals in the past 4 weeks. Fair to say the player we thought would come good at the end of 2017, finally has?
It's wierd how our forwardline has seemed so dysfunctional for so long but suddenly a front 6 of:

Dale - Schache - Smith/McLean/Rotating mid
Dickson -Naughton- Lloyd

Seems like a balanced, consistently contributing , functional forwardline.

With West and Cavarra in the wings and Gowers and Greene as depth our stocks don't look as bad as seemed, although another Kpf option is needed.

Last night seemed like a very different vibe with Stringer and the other players. When we usually play him it’s more of a crowd thing, seemed to be a lot of anger on the ground.

Not very well liked amongst our playing group. Was very close to Hunter early days and then JJ later on. Wouldn’t see him having a coffee with either nowadays.

I can’t believe how good Hayden Crozier is. Him, Duryea and Suckling were all amazing last night. When we put pressure on in the midfield these guys just feast.

Crozier is almost AA in my opinion or at the very least right up there for consideration.

He has been a gem of a recruit.

Not very well liked amongst our playing group. Was very close to Hunter early days and then JJ later on. Wouldn’t see him having a coffee with either nowadays.
Always see Lachie and Webb out in Prahran as I live right there. I knew he was close to Jakey before but there wasnt even that friendly banter with your ex team mate. They generally seemed to not like him at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back