Preview Changes: R21 2019 vs West Coast

Changes for West Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

'Kids to the slaughter' give me a break. It is a game of footy ffs, and they are adults who have been playing footy for years, they can probably handle being flogged. Talk about helicopter supporting.

One of the most pathetic things I have read on this forum. Do you have no shame in how you twist and turn to defend the club? Here you try to turn the club's moronic selection and list management decisions into a compliment because they are protecting the 'kids'.

I’m with you - it is such a soft mentality.

Throw the kids into the fire - if they can’t hack it, get rid of them.

We don’t need another generation of players who can’t handle pressure and expectation and constantly s**t the bed when it matters.

No I think ROB may need a rest. He has looked worn down against St Kilda

Then announce he was rested!

“RoB has been an absolute revelation for us this year - he’s taken the opportunity and is establishing himself as a premier Ruck in the competition. He has had a massive workload, and with recent concussions and knocks, and the trip over to Perth, we’re going to give him a week to rest up and be ready to fire for the run at finals.”

They haven’t rested him.

Then announce he was rested!

“RoB has been an absolute revelation for us this year - he’s taken the opportunity and is establishing himself as a premier Ruck in the competition. He has had a massive workload, and with recent concussions and knocks, and the trip over to Perth, we’re going to give him a week to rest up and be ready to fire for the run at finals.”

They haven’t rested him.
If there's one thing we're good at , it's not announcing things. We're good at bullshit but piss poor at truthful announcements

We don’t need another generation of players who can’t handle pressure and expectation and constantly s**t the bed when it matters.
Disagree.

Throw them into the fire, if they fail..... Throw them in again until we know for sure.

It also didn't hurt Collingwood too much a few weeks ago when they went into the game vs West Coast in Perth with players who had played game numbers like: debutant, 1, 16, 23, 26, 31. Then there were a few others still young but with a bit more experience in the 50's region for games played... and they won the bloody game.

We need to end the soft attitudes surrounding this club, not feed them.

Last edited:
I was fooled into believing that after the Walsh tragedy, the players had developed a steely resolve. But here we are.

Is there a club with as many precious players as us?...the only good thing about the recent leavers is that we at least got rid of some mega preciousness.
After having 2 coaches die, plus 2 unborn children of club leaders..... it would take huge amounts of resolve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was fooled into believing that after the Walsh tragedy, the players had developed a steely resolve. But here we are.

Is there a club with as many precious players as us?...the only good thing about the recent leavers is that we at least got rid of some mega preciousness.

They did but after such an emotionally draining point in your life, you need a release.

I’m surprised their resolve lasted as long as it did but now Its coming out the wrong way. I think they are now giving up on each other.

I raise you Carlton and Brisbane
Carlton were s**t for how many years? Is that what you want for us? Brisbane been s**t since the mid 2000s

Edit. Let me just say I think we should have been playing the kids too for the better part of the season. The ongoing selection of Douglas and Mackay is bewildering. Having said that, I’m not convinced this is the right game to bring the kids in.

Last edited:
They did but after such an emotionally draining point in your life, you need a release.

I’m surprised their resolve lasted as long as it did but now Its coming out the wrong way. I think they are now giving up on each other.
I was hoping after the GF loss they could put the Walsh story behind them. They’d been hanging on to that and using that to drive them, but when Danger ran at the first opportunity then the others it’s like “why are we bothering”. Maybe it’s just something you don’t get over? Followed by the loss of babies for both leaders...

They're professional footballers, they'll be fine. Do you reckon Ben Davis was distraught after playing Geelong ?? Unlikely. Disappointed perhaps in his performance and more so to be dropped but he would have been right to go again.

Besides we aren't talking about 13-15 kids in the side at once..... hell 6 would be nice.

I was hoping after the GF loss they could put the Walsh story behind them. They’d been hanging on to that and using that to drive them, but when Danger ran at the first opportunity then the others it’s like “why are we bothering”. Maybe it’s just something you don’t get over? Followed by the loss of babies for both leaders...

That’s why I feel this group should be blown up and we start again. Have a fresh tart. Make the 2020 group, Pyke group.

IMO, this is still Walsh’s group and Pyke is a caretaker coach. Turn the leadership over to Rory Sloane as captain with Brodie Smith and Brad Crouch his key assistants.

Tex will go down as one of our best captains for the stuff he lead the club through but his days are now up.

Back