List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW we are closing ranks around the Club...still would prefer bringing in a new assist! Fresh blood, fresh ideas...keep up the rejuvenating of the Club!

Yeah
A lot of Sr coach’s and even assistants without a position

Richo from the saints or McCartney who has just left Melbourne would be two very good footy minds and that’s even before we look at poaching someone

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah
A lot of Sr coach’s and even assistants without a position

Richo from the saints or McCartney who has just left Melbourne would be two very good footy minds and that’s even before we look at poaching someone

something > nothing

dimma has no idea without blake pointing him the right direction

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Hope this isnt true but was speaking to a relative of a player manager last night and apparently Cotch is seriously considering retiring at the end of this year as his hammys are just about shot. Should note its not 'his' player manager, just 'a' player manager.

If true would free up some payment space.
Certainly would be the BIG news that Hawk suggested.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Was fortunate enough to go to the player sponsor training session this morning
Balme was asked if we could expect anything big through the off season he said like we all pretty much know that we are more or less tapped out from a cap standpoint and don’t have any big moves for the time being

Also when asked about Caracella departing he said club is in the process now of looking at options but are leaning towards getting someone expected through the doors instead of promoting someone from inside our 4 walls
No golden handshake for Grigga - assistant role for pulling the plug early and allowing us to pick up Pickett?
Sure Balmey would be the last person to let on if that was the case

Barnard

All Australian
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
To protect our younger, slighter midfielders in the VFL. It has worked a treat. The seconds are killing it and proving to be a brilliant incubator because of the likes of Weller.
I don't have any issue at all with us signing Weller, has virtually played for free and from all reports shown very good leadership for the boys in the VFL with his professionalism. Was always going to be up against it to play much senior footy.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
No golden handshake for Grigga - assistant role for pulling the plug early and allowing us to pick up Pickett?
Sure Balmey would be the last person to let on if that was the case
Hmm perhaps they’ve got their eyes on someone , I reckon grigga will have no shortage of good offers and will,leave with plenty of our IP would have loved for him to stay , that said , would likely learn the craft with us then poq when the offers rolled in later

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
To protect our younger, slighter midfielders in the VFL. It has worked a treat. The seconds are killing it and proving to be a brilliant incubator because of the likes of Weller.
Yeah that's a good point. I was being slightly facetious with my initial question.

Added protection and leadership is never a bad thing. In saying that, our VFL side has been in pretty good shape for the last few years.

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
It wouldn't happen for some years to come but I can see Jack Riewoldt as a forward lines coach. He has an acute understanding of the dynamics of the game as well as being extremely articulate. When he retires from playing, I don't doubt he'll move straight into media. However, he seems to be combining playing and media very well now so coaching plus media should not be impossible.

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
It wouldn't happen for some years to come but I can see Jack Riewoldt as a forward lines coach. He has an acute understanding of the dynamics of the game as well as being extremely articulate. When he retires from playing, I don't doubt he'll move straight into media. However, he seems to be combining playing and media very well now so coaching plus media should not be impossible.

Hopefully he would do better than Dermie at lelnorf as a forward's coach.

Edit: It may be the Aints actually.

Last edited:

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Heard my schlong is cooked and will retire for the night.
Why, are you using a sandwich press?

I was working there on his first day at the aints. Rolled up in thongs, and a t-shirt. Looked like he was going to the beach, not starting a new gig as a forward coach.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's whole different world at Dermieville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back