Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I missed something? Wishing his mum a happy birthday on social media is pouncing around?
AFL players live in a fish bowl, that is accepted by one and all. After his misdemeanor earilier in the year it should have been obvious to him, as indeed it is to most of us that giving anyone a handle on his personal life was inviting trouble from the redneck element.

It's well past time some of us here acknowledged and accepted that young players are their own worst enemy with social media.

Anyway - he opened up his defenses and got one in the cobblers - which was always on the cards considering his deed and the fact he is a Pies player.

But not keeping his head down obviously. When you start playing with the big boys party time is over. Time to get his head right and become professional.
It’s his mothers birthday, l don’t see it as party time

Sure but why do it on social media where he opens himself up to any redneck looking to bignote himself.

Many of you younger people have grown up with social media and simply can't live without it.

Here is a prime example of the drawbacks.

Then might as well Ban Social Media for all AFL Players then

Then might as well Ban Social Media for all AFL Players then
Could be worse things Dave - it is an avenue into every players private lives - and therefore a prime avenue for rednecks and haters of all descriptions.

However his previous actions set him up as a prime target mate and if he was a little more mature he would have realized that and rang - or even better shown up at his mothers place and slapped a big wet one on her cheek.

See following post - has nothing to do with who he was interacting with but much to do with how.
I think us of an older generation just has to accept social media for the younger people is a way of life and part of the fabric.
It’s how most communicate to each other,
I accepted it and moved on, and see no problem with them using it.

Last edited:
Disgraceful behaviour, I heard he held on to it too long during pass the parcel and peeked slightly during pin the tail on the donkey.

Delist.

Jaidyn owes this club big time and needs to earn respect back from the club, the players and the supporters. He really should be putting his head down and working his arse off instead of poncing around on social media.
Now that's got to be one of the most bewildering posts I've ever read here. Stevo has worked really hard over the last few months after a stupid mistake. Cut the boy some slack.

Sure but why do it on social media where he opens himself up to any redneck looking to bignote himself.

Many of you younger people have grown up with social media and simply can't live without it.

Here is a prime example of the drawbacks.
Especially when people like you take offense, he has every right to use social media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaidyn owes this club big time and needs to earn respect back from the club, the players and the supporters. He really should be putting his head down and working his arse off instead of poncing around on social media.
You should give social media a rest bro, leave the kid alone, he's gone through enough without the likes of you continuing to kick him while his down, you should really be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited:
I think us of an older generation just has to accept social media for the younger people is a way of life and part of the fabric.
It’s how most communicate to each other,
I accepted it and moved on, and see no problem with them using it.
Not sure I totally agree. The older generation has experience to draw upon and are not driven by the same emotions/hormones as the younger. Social media is problematic for many young people. Over time we can hope the social media platforms are structured and norms generated that reduce the harm it is causing.

Not sure I totally agree. The older generation has experience to draw upon and are not driven by the same emotions/hormones as the younger. Social media is problematic for many young people. Over time we can hope the social media platforms are structured and norms generated that reduce the harm it is causing.
Not totally disagreeing, but communication is totally different to when l was his age, and lot of the problems on it are caused by people lot older than stevo. It’s an age we live in and time to accept it.

I saw and spoke with him at a game at the MCG a few weeks ago. He looked so down I felt I needed to offer him some words of support and tell him it was ok to have a break with his Mum & Dad & sister to get out of the bubble and clear his head . As a Mum of a 21 year old, we have a culture now where that generation use social media to say nice things to their Mums. Good on him for thanking his mother publicly- no doubt she has been a rock supporting him and deserves a public thank you from her son. Happy Birthday to her.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

AFL players live in a fish bowl, that is accepted by one and all. After his misdemeanor earilier in the year it should have been obvious to him, as indeed it is to most of us that giving anyone a handle on his personal life was inviting trouble from the redneck element.

It's well past time some of us here acknowledged and accepted that young players are their own worst enemy with social media.

Anyway - he opened up his defenses and got one in the cobblers - which was always on the cards considering his deed and the fact he is a Pies player.

And at some point not doing ordinary normal positive things because of the stupidest most mouth breathing ten percent of the population becomes a habit that causes more damage than the ten percent could ever do. And blaming everyone but the ten percent is how we got here in the first place.

Look back, notice the shore is a ******* long way away, turn around and start swimming home. Where you're heading are only creatures that see you as dinner anyway.

Can't wait for this bloke to come back fresh and rip that forward line apart

No Cox will be a blessing

I wouldn't be so sure - Cox helped create quite a few swoop squad goals with his deft taps and even follow up work when the ball hit the ground last year.

Having that target who can't be outmarked if it's kicked in properly to him was a vital cog in our small-ball forward line setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back