Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

What are you doing with your membership for 2020?

• Current Gold Member downgrading to Silver

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Current Silver member downgrading to Bronze (3 game)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current Gold/Silver/Bronze member not renewing at all

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Will only renew if you see active change in footy department/EXTERNAL review process

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • Keeping membership at same level/higher as 2019

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
About 350 ish, can’t recall exactly.

Best membership by far. Apart from the cricket obviously, I can use the corporate boxes at AO for Crows on a user pays basis. I can also guest passes for footy at MCG, SCG and Gabba.

It’s clear that I share no common interests with the AFC, so why would I be a financial member.

Would be a waiting list no doubt. But I’ll add my name(s). I never go to the footy anyway, much better to not go to the cricket.

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've generally enjoyed first halves lol.

I must admit I haven't enjoyed much this year

Said from now on we’re leaving at half time 😂😂😂😂😂

Even if for some reason we can’t go our tickets get used.

Had rellies from the country down and had no spare tickets - was staggered at the cost of under cover reserve seats .

Expect to pay $110 plus for finals but home and away - FMD!

Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’ll be at the AGM 100% and will wear a raincoat in preparation for being spat on and have apricot slices thrown at me by the oldies for dare questioning what the club is doing and the direction it is going.
You know what is sadder?
If you express any negative opinion at the games you get the same treatment from them
The fans are older and conservative
It's social for them
It's a great pity there's no room for walk ins like in Melb
I can go to Melb and walk into any game

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
You know what is sadder?
If you express any negative opinion at the games you get the same treatment from them
It's social for them

Yep 100% spot on
God forbid you speak poorly of our Dear Leader... Dong Jung Kim.... I mean Don Pyke
And heaven forbid you criticise Rory or Eddie... those knitting needles are sharp

Usually can be heard shrieking “Man up!!” Or “ Just kick it!!!”

Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yep 100% spot on
God forbid you speak poorly of our Dear Leader... Dong Jung Kim.... I mean Don Pyke
And heaven forbid you criticise Rory or Eddie... those knitting needles are sharp

Usually can be heard shrieking “Man up!!” Or “ Just kick it!!!”
These people never went to games before the Crows and it shows
The club knows it and exploits it
A big reason I let my tkts pass

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
You know what is sadder?
It's social for them

Don't know where you sit, but if you want to make negative comments about club and players, then come sit in the bottom of the Southern Stand and join the crew there. The vitriol being spat out at games at Walker, Hartigan, Atkins, McKay etc, and at our coaching staff has to be heard to be believed. It's not just us numpties on BF that are pissed off with the club. There are a whole lot more out there.
I'm old, but many of us still have our marbles, and many of us have played/coached/watched footy for several decades.

Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't know where you sit, but if you want to make negative comments about club and players, then come sit in the bottom of the Southern Stand and join the crew there. The vitriol being spat out at games at Walker, Hartigan, Atkins, McKay etc, and at our coaching staff has to be heard to be believed. It's not just us numpties on BF that are pi**ed off with the club. There are a whole lot more out there.
I'm old, but many of us still have our marbles, and many of us have played/coached/watched footy for several decades.
I don't want to spit vitriol non stop
The occasional casual observation will attract their attention
They're thinking the same but apparently you don't have the right to express it
It's not everyone of course but there's enough of them

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
You know what is sadder?
It's social for them

Not where I sit. This is the direct opposite.

My location is very negative. They are getting extremely frustrated at the current events and performances.

You have just posted a stereotypical comment.

Jan 30, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
I live way down South so it’s an hour+ each way plus the game and I also need to get there early for seats in the western. It’s a full day. For this reason alone I’m thinking of giving it all up. 20 year member too. Lack of change or performance will help me make the choice along with some good deals on a nice 4K OLED. Cost of tickets a couple of drinks is just not worth the $$$. Money better spent at home me thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaytex

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Love my seats in the Jack Oatey Stand and wouldn't give them up for quids.

My stand will be leaving those prime seats empty for each of the 11 games next year, and keeping the 70 bucks I'd usually spend on beer and dim sims.

Will spell it out to Fages and the membership dept too in a cathartic-ly written email.

It’s a game of footy. It’s not the reason I live. It used to be, but life’s too fricking short to get all angry over a game of footy. I will continue to support them through the good and the bad. I have GOLD Interstate membership. I am not a fairweather supporter. So many in here used to lambast port supporters for being fairweather. Some may need to look in the mirror. I will complete my feedback honestly and say I am disappointed in how they have gone about things this year. That selection policy has no eye to the future and gifting games to players who are unable to perform at a consistently high level is unacceptable. That Burton should not be the Manager of the Football department. That Camporeale needs to move on - been a great servant of the club but 10 years is TOO long in the one place. Same for our Board. Need to renew the energy into the club. Give DON whatever he wants in terms of support staff.

Oct 20, 2007
Perf
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Jets, Toronto Raptors
I wont be renewing my Interstate membership, I declined my free ticket to todays game. Until real meaningful change is made in the way this club operates, im out. First season in around 10 years i wont be a member, and whilst it is only around $120 for that membership, its better in my pocket than this clubs.

Don't know where you sit, but if you want to make negative comments about club and players, then come sit in the bottom of the Southern Stand and join the crew there. The vitriol being spat out at games at Walker, Hartigan, Atkins, McKay etc, and at our coaching staff has to be heard to be believed. It's not just us numpties on BF that are pi**ed off with the club. There are a whole lot more out there.
Perhaps those on BF are the numpties that sit there spewing vitriol? ;)

Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not where I sit. This is the direct opposite.

My location is very negative. They are getting extremely frustrated at the current events and performances.

You have just posted a stereotypical comment.
As you said " current events "
My observations came from my own experiences

Back