Review Round 21, 2019 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I know right?

All the 'where are all the posters who wanted to sack Ken now?" types are all coming out of the woodwork after the last two weeks, when all those last two weeks have done is confirm how right the posters who wanted to sack Ken have been.
We beat 2 teams of cripples and won 2 in a row since round 6. Wow. Extend Kens contract now

I'm not excited about anything. We'll murder kangacripples. Freo will be the test.

We'll make the 8 by default . Then flop out

Bonner’s problems are poor awareness and what looks like a freeze reflex, thats not Amon

So many times he just froze instead of going for the ball or attacking a contest.

He even basically gave a shephard for a sydney player to take an uncontested mark.

He either has to learn to go when it's his turn or * off.

Yes he has been awful but I am of the opinion he can offer so much more than he has. Many players have looked like spuds for long periods of time under Ken and they have been allowed to work through it

Yes he has been awful but I am of the opinion he can offer so much more than he has. Many players have looked like spuds for long periods of time under Ken and they have been allowed to work through it
Its not great when you have to start using the Neade yardstick

Agree about Bonner’s talent and he’s worth persevering with. But he might be the sort of player who struggles if the ground’s not firm. Could this have been a factor? He just seemed to hesitate a fair bit rather than going at it full bore.

We beat 2 teams of cripples and won 2 in a row since round 6. Wow. Extend Kens contract now

I'm not excited about anything. We'll murder kangacripples. Freo will be the test.

We'll make the 8 by default . Then flop out
This is true, but look at the other teams. It’s only WCE, Tiges and Bris who are going well. Bombers, GWS and Pies are struggling due to injuries. Even Cats have looked vulnerable since we beat them. Crows aren’t worth a mention.

For once, we aren’t the flakiest of the teams competing for 5th to 8th. Yes, if we get into the 8 it will be by default, but the “default” is only there because the other contenders have turned to shut.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win yesterday, especially with Boak and gray down on numbers.

Great games by dbj, clurey, Jonas, rozee,, broadie,

Best game by Ryder for a while albeit against a c grader. Hunted the ball.

Now for north.

A nice win. Another bogey vanquished - bottom 4 or not, we've never beaten Sydney at Adelaide Oval.

Bonner's amount of possessions or disposal efficiency is not the issue. He is soft at the contest.

Sam Gray should really go out for Butters. Sutcliffe did enough with a couple of goals, traps the ball well and kept the ball in the forward line.

Loved Marshall earning his goals. Ladhams could be the athletic, prolific ruckman we haven't had for forever.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that Riccuito was talking us up so much yesterday to help ensure that Ken keeps his job, as a Hinkley-led Port that fails to realise its potential is the best thing for the Crows.
I think he’s hoping being bumped out of the eight might either fire up the Crows or give more impetus to the dramatic changes that keep bubbling up in rumour

If we can make finals I’ll be happy, if we were in the very unlikely event to make a GF I’d be estactic, if we were to win the GF I’d blow so hard, it would snowing around the globe.

Me and everyone else were entitled to be critical of Ken and the game plan until this point. We still don’t know which Port will turn up against North either.
You're absolutely right. But at least we can be fairly sure we'll turn up with two tall forwards and dual rucks, and that in itself may be enough to turn things our way.

I think, and I fervently hope I'm wrong, that we'll rue not doing so against GWS.

[QUOTE="SupportMe, post: 62257142, member: 45564"

Bonner's amount of possessions or disposal efficiency is not the issue. He is soft at the contest.

S[/QUOTE]

Can’t help but agree. There were a few times on the outer side it looked like he waited rather than going in hard and owning the contest. Hopefully this is something he can get better at like Amon has this year.

Two hour show and Port gets 1.05 minutes ... That's Vics for you..

2 non vic tams they dont give a s**t. Same with Brisbane and GC was discussed straight after the Port game, no commercial break, for about the same length of time.

Last week we took 15 marks from 58 inside 50's for 11.2 with 2 behinds being posters. Also kicked 3.0 from 3 free kicks inside 50. So 14.2 from set shots.

This week we took 9 marks from 68 inside 50's for 6.2 - Ryder kicked 2 points from marks. Also kicked 4.2 from 6 free kicks inside 50. So 10.4 from set shots.

Its a lot easier game when you take marks inside 50 and get free kicks inside 50 and convert to goals. Yesterday with the strong breeze was tougher than under the roof at Docklands.

So, let’s get this straight.

The “doom and gloom posters” who have been absolutely critical with Ken for insisting on picking a midget forward line devoid of tall forwards — which has undeniably cost us at least three wins this year alone (Richmond in Round 4, Bulldogs in Round 15, GWS in Round 19) — finally get their wish with the selections of Dixon and Marshall, and the team is infinitely more potent and effective.

The past 2 weeks have emphasised how much of a stubborn, incompetent bozo Hinkley is and vindicated his critics.

But I don’t know, there’s still time to go back to 66 games of Jake Neade and Sam Gray one-out against 2 & 3 intercept markers, I guess.

We’re still touch and go on making the 8 at all. It’s a bit early to be calling out all them doomers. Sufficiently mediocre is not a bloody pass mark.

Right now, we’re firmly in Bradbury territory.

So Amon is the Dimma Premiership now?

Before this season Amon was still comfortably better than Bonner
Completely disagree. But since your opinion is worth no more than mine then it is all ok.

I don't mind that much but we have so few players that have with such good disposal efficiency that I would be reticent to offload them too quickly without making sure it is not just the useless senior coaches affect that it is just the player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back