The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Brisbane weather.:blacksunrays:

Why wouldn't a player want to get out of the Melbourne Freezing Footy Bubble and head on up to paradise.

This weekend is the perfect time for our list manager to be down south talking to potential trades. Show them live feeds from the beaches, the walking tracks around mount Cootha and the open green footy fields bathed in sunshine as they come off the field with teeth chattering and brushing sleet off their shoulders. Might be enough to get that signature.

Then let the Suns do the same and footy in Queensland would thrive.

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Why wouldn't a player want to get out of the Melbourne Freezing Footy Bubble and head on up to paradise.
There are plenty of reasons to move up to Brisbane or north of Victoria BUT, earnings are definitely harder up in Brisbane compared to here in Melbourne for footballers

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
There are plenty of reasons to move up to Brisbane or north of Victoria BUT, earnings are definitely harder up in Brisbane compared to here in Melbourne for footballers
I love Melbourne for a footy trip but if I was not now delightfully retired I would happily take less money at my place of employment to live in South East Queensland.

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I love Melbourne for a footy trip but if I was not now delightfully retired I would happily take less money at my place of employment to live in South East Queensland.
Agree 100% if you are retired. Employment opportunities in general are far greater down south than in South East Queensland. Many make the trek up with fantastic dreams that are not met work wise which regrettably mean they return sooner rather than later.

If we take our best 22 into finals, we'll remove Martin, Zorko and Gardiner from the most games played without a final for current players. Lester and Taylor might miss out though. Martin also comes out of the all-time games played without a final (16th all time) and moves into 14th on the all-time list of most games before their first final.

If Port misses the finals Rockliff maintains his 9th position on the all-time games played without a final and 1st of the current players.

If we take our best 22 into finals, we'll remove Martin, Zorko and Gardiner from the most games played without a final for current players. Lester and Taylor might miss out though. Martin also comes out of the all-time games played without a final (16th all time) and moves into 14th on the all-time list of most games before their first final.

If Port misses the finals Rockliff maintains his 9th position on the all-time games played without a final and 1st of the current players.
Answerth would be our current leader in the "Richard Hadley least games before a final" category?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

20190810_104722.jpg

Club Twitter handle has been busy 👍

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Cam Rayner, after coming back "not in the best condition" for pre-season has lost 6kgs (According to fox footy) since the start of the season. So while he might have messed up his off-season, shows he has the professionalism and care factor to then make amends. Bright future for the boy.

Last edited:

Berry Picker

Senior List
Sep 6, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We have got 7 guys banging down the door to be all Australians. Andrews, Gardiner, Rich, Neale, Zorko, Cameron, McLuggage. I realise that we will probably won't get half those guys into the team but how good is it to have more than one guy to be in the frame

Jarryd lyons has found an elite trait in his ability to score one touch goals from the stoppage.

Just shows what focusing on a players strengths can do for them.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We have got 7 guys banging down the door to be all Australians. Andrews, Gardiner, Rich, Neale, Zorko, Cameron, McLuggage. I realise that we will probably won't get half those guys into the team but how good is it to have more than one guy to be in the frame

I'd have Robbo ahead of Gardiner on that list too. Don't see him getting in but is an outside shot for the squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back