Analysis The 2019 finals series

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
How is it all going to play out? What effect will the Brisbane Bears debacle have upon the integrity of the series? Who will play off?

I reckon the scum could get rolled out by the doggies. The bears & cats are impostors making up the numbers and the pies & giants are spluttering.

It's looking like a WCE v Richmond grand final if they don't run in to each other along the way, and Port are shaping as the dark horse.

• Banned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It all depends on who gets home finals. Brisbane are wildcards. Because they haven't played finals for so long we kind of discount them. But if they can finish 2nd, get a home final and then possibly a home Preliminary, then they are playing well enough to make it. They play Geelong and Richmond from here - one at home, one away. If they can win 1 and compete in the other at a minimum, I reckon they can go deep.

I hope they do, because choosing between every other team currently in the Top 8 is like choosing between which method you'd like to be disembowelled.

Smelling a lot like wet toast to me. Brions, Cats, Tuggers and Bullfrogs also a chance.

Others just making up the numbers.

The highlight will be watching Scum supporters lose their sh!t as the umpires underwrite a GWS victory and another year without a finals win to *.

Well done umpires, you have finally rooted the finals series.

Current ladder:

Ladder after this round:

Take away the 4 points gifted to the Bears in round 18 vs North:

Geelong 64
West Coast 64
Richmond 64
Collingwood 60
Brisbane 60

Week One - 2019 Toyota AFL Finals Series:

Thurs Sept 5
1st Elimination Final
WCE v Ess
Optus Stadium, 6.10pm

Fri Sept 6
1st Qualifying Final
Geel v Coll
MCG, 7.50pm

Sat Sept 7
2nd Elimination Final
GWS v WB
GIANTS Stadium, 3.20pm

2nd Qualifying Final
BL v Rich
Gabba, 7.25pm

Last years finals was way more hyped up for mine. Too much of the same this year.
The top 4 are frauds with Richmond favourite based on MCG factor only.

West Coast frauds themselves via not getting it done the past fortnight.

If Westerns do a 2016 again after losing to all of Gold Coast, Carlton, Fremantle and St Kilda it’s just peak averageness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back