EPL [Premier] League Dreamteam - 2023-24

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
I wish I had Sterling but he was too pricey, was planning on waiting for his price to drop but that won't be happening anytime soon.

DeGea, Lindelof, Azpilicueta, Pulisic and Mata left tonight.
Not sure Mata will start mate, but if he were a nailed on starter he'd be a no brainer

Same with Sanchez

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sterling hat trick, anyone fork out the money for him
Took him out of my side to reshuffle to free up funds :(

Totally forgot about the Friday night game, woke up, there's Ox on the bench who didn't play and Allison popped his calf giving me a lovely 2 pointer and will be out for a few weeks I'd imagine

So I need a solidish number 2 now who can act as both cover and a cash cow, took out a cheapie for Tom Heaton at 5.7m, he had a good game yesterday but unfortunately for him conceded three times late which affected his score, but if Villa play like they did yesterday against mid table/lesser likes then Heaton could score well.

Vertonghen was in my original side too but had to trade him out, took a punt on Tyrone Mings, that one worked

Was able to get Kane and Aubameyang upfront, but not sure on Aubas availability currently

Got Mason Greenwood as F3, but on the bench, he should get playing time, was thinking Abraham too, but I'm right on my salary limit there with Greenwood

Nailed Kane captain at least so should score around 110-120, not bad but not great, could be worse though.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Mata will start, united don't have enough CAM depth
Stop playing FIFA mate :p managers can change playing formations at a pinch

They will either play a 4-4-2 narrow diamond or 4-2-3-1

Rashford/Martial will play upfront/LF

Lingard or Pogba will probably play AM and if they play 4-2-3-1 a kid or Lingard will play out on the right

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Mata didn't start along with two of my other midfielders, Pulisic and Gundogan, all were listed as starters in the predicted line ups.

Will need to trade a couple of them to midfielders that are guaranteed starters.

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
So weird that the top team has no Liverpool players. I'm not sure I'll make any trades this week. I have Vertonghen, but I was planning to keep him long term.

Tippaz

Premiership Player
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
gw1: 140pts :)
overall: 712th

had Bertrand & Giroud onfield and left James on the bench
i don't own Kane, Pogba or Sterling... all have started well
i've got Vertonghen (DNP), so i'm in the market for a cheap def at the end of gw2... Pieters looks like going up
probably won't trade this week... but will re-assess at the end of gw2

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
gw1: 140pts :)
overall: 712th

had Bertrand & Giroud onfield and left James on the bench
i don't own Kane, Pogba or Sterling... all have started well
i've got Vertonghen (DNP), so i'm in the market for a cheap def at the end of gw2... Pieters looks like going up
probably won't trade this week... but will re-assess at the end of gw2
140 = 712th

Geezers, that's far too high a scoring round for my liking, 140 opening week normally sees you top 300 or so

Cheers Liverpool flogs and Bertrand for ruining my round, will be an uphill struggle to gain ground now

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
116 pts very average score, particularly Robertson and Fraser who I fork out fair bit of money for
Yeah Robertson was a let down, but he should come good in the long run

Need to decide whether to hold Alisson or not now

Picked Ryan Bertrand too because he was cheap, can't believe how garbage Southampton are these days

The problem with jumping on someone this week is that they only have 1 good score in their rolling average, then that score rolls out, not guaranteed to make a heap of cash etc, would need good 2nd or 3rd games to maintain it. Much rather take a high score from next week onwards to cash in on 2+ price rises from

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco

Picked Ryan Bertrand too because he was cheap, can't believe how garbage Southampton are these days

The problem with jumping on someone this week is that they only have 1 good score in their rolling average, then that score rolls out, not guaranteed to make a heap of cash etc, would need good 2nd or 3rd games to maintain it. Much rather take a high score from next week onwards to cash in on 2+ price rises from

For that reason, I'm not certain on trading in Pieters. I would probably end up trading him out after just one price rise anyway.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
For that reason, I'm not certain on trading in Pieters. I would probably end up trading him out after just one price rise anyway.
2 price rises is an absolute must trade in though considering how sharp the price rises/falls are in this game, meaning fallen premiums are very easily obtainable through sideways trades too.

A score of 20 plus and 2 following scores of 5-10 before the 20 rolls out can see a 4-5m player double his value just about.

Tyrone Mings is in a similar boat here too

Gotta hope Sterling stinks it up soon though, he could get to 20m easily

I got Bertrand as well as I thought he’d be a good value pick, but gonna see how they go next week. If they are still rubbish, I’ll get someone else who’s set for a price rise.

Don’t see the point of trading after 1 week unless you forecast multiple changes needed before prices are impacted. Didn’t pick Alisson as that would needed to have been a trade, but if Sterling has another good game gonna have to shift things before he’s too expensive

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
How long is C. Taylor out because Pieters is playing in his position
I got Bertrand as well as I thought he’d be a good value pick, but gonna see how they go next week. If they are still rubbish, I’ll get someone else who’s set for a price rise.

Don’t see the point of trading after 1 week unless you forecast multiple changes needed before prices are impacted. Didn’t pick Alisson as that would needed to have been a trade, but if Sterling has another good game gonna have to shift things before he’s too expensive
Seen Southampton have Liverpool this week, traded Bertrand to Pieters :p

Didn't think Pieters was that cheap, thought he was 5-5.5

At 4.1 might as well grab him for a one week 2-3m cash grab

Puuki will be in everyone's sides next week, 12 + 34 and only 5.2m, will get out to 10m I'd imagine

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco

Puuki will be in everyone's sides next week, 12 + 34 and only 5.2m, will get out to 10m I'd imagine

Yep, gotta get Pukki. I have Jesus as F3 atm, totally unpredictable, so an easy trade there.

Feb 15, 2002
Jackson-Steinem
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bluestar Airlines, Anacott Steel

I brought him in this week.

Pity I captained Salah

Back