Prediction Our Chances in the 2019 finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Depending on results we actually only have to win 2 and we can get in (unlikely things will fall this way but not completely out of the question).

If we win 3 we’re a near certainty. Season is far from over.

Let's call it a danger game...we've only had 19 of them this season.

Geelong: 56 Points, North (H), Bris (A), Carl (H) = Certain
West Coast: 56 Points, Adel (H), Rich (A), Haw (H) = Certain
Brisbane: 56 Points, Suns (H), Geel (H), Rich (A) = Certain
Richmond: 52 Points, Carl (H), West Coast (H), Bris (H) = Certain
GWS: 48 Points, Haw (H), Dogs (H), Suns (A) = Certain
Collingwood: 48 Points, Melb (H), Adel (A), Ess (H) = Certain

Essendon: 44 Points, Dogs (H), Freo (A), Coll (A) = Tenuous Grip
Adelaide: 40 Points, West Coast (A), Coll (H), Dogs (A) = Tough Finish
Port Adelaide: 36 Points, Syd (H), North (A), Freo (H) = Softish Draw
Western Bulldogs: 36 Points, Ess (H), GWS (A), Adel (H) = They Will Write Songs
Fremantle: 36 Points, St K (A), Ess (H), Port (A) = Need All Three

Hawthorn, North Melbourne, St Kilda: 32 Points, A Bridge Too Far, It's Over.

Essendon and Adelaide are ripe for the plucking with tough games every week, who will rise who will not
quite make it to the toilet and have to do an extra wash, as Big Kev said "I'm Excited".

I reckon Port will finish 7th and if we beat Essendon and Adelaide we hopefully get Essendon on percentage. Can't see Adelaide beating WCE or Collingwood. Essendon's best chance for a win is against us.

I reckon Port will finish 7th and if we beat Essendon and Adelaide we hopefully get Essendon on percentage. Can't see Adelaide beating WCE or Collingwood. Essendon's best chance for a win is against us.
That's exactly how I see it. If we beat Essendon by 38 points this week we will pass their percentage.

We need West Coast to beat Adelaide by 10 goals. If that happens they'll likely be within 2% of us, which can be bridged even if we lose to GWS

It's going to be hard R 23, may have to barrack for Collingwood to beat Essendon- though if Dockers can finish them next week it won't matter.

The irony is that may likely play pies week 1 of the finals if we make it. Collingwood could decide who they play depending upon whether they beat the bombers.

The more you think about it, the better it gets because Giants and Pies are injury depleted.

Trying to figure out the permutations.

Win both - we will need two of Bombers OR Power OR Crows to lose one of their next two (three for Crows given they play today).

Lose v GWS but win v Crows - we’ll need Bombers to lose both their games and Crows to lose today v Eagles.

Sounds right?

As it sits right now, if we finish 8th and play Pies, don’t we play the loser of 1v4 if we win? That could be Geelong v Richmond, which could mean we play first two finals at the G!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Eagles smash the crows.
The good thing about Lions winning big yesterday was that they put a couple of percent on the Eagles. Finishing 2nd rather than 3rd is massive for those clubs, so WCE now have big motivation to smash the Crows, every point helps. Hopefully they really go to town, would really help us.

I came into this thread thinking the exact same thing. Unsure. They play Port last week too i think?

If saints win then it would be very hard for feel to overtake us. We'd be able to win just one more and stay ahead because of percentage after last night.

I'd rather see them taken out of contention. Reckon they've got Essendon covered in Perth either way.
It’s tight so they won’t make up much percentage if they win at this rate. The danger is that they dish out a similar hiding to ours next week and catch up a bit.

Probably prefer them to lose a close one. Essendon look shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back