Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't like making mess on himself and he wants to keep his hair style nice.

In fairness, outside players are always going to look bad when our tough guys get pantsed. It’s just the way it is. Polec performs a specific role which ebbs and flows depending on how our engine room performs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

In fairness, outside players are always going to look bad when our tough guys get pantsed. It’s just the way it is. Polec performs a specific role which ebbs and flows depending on how our engine room performs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s fine, but when it your time to go you put your head over the ball and don’t hesitate.

He actively avoided contact last night and provided NO defensive accountability. Duncan had 20 possessions on him in the first half. Dumont had to go to Duncan in the 2nd half because Polecat wasn’t within 15m of him every time he touched the ball.

That’s fine, but when it your time to go you put your head over the ball and don’t hesitate.

He actively avoided contact last night and provided NO defensive accountability. Duncan had 20 possessions on him in the first half. Dumont had to go to Duncan in the 2nd half because Polecat wasn’t within 15m of him every time he touched the ball.
That's Polec's way, and the trade-off you get for exquisite ball distribution by foot and an amazing sense of where to go to be ready to receive the next pass/handball. He stays away from in and under, and in general will be in some space. It never changed when he was with us, we lost close games because of it. I can't imagine it will change for you.

That's Polec's way, and the trade-off you get for exquisite ball distribution by foot and an amazing sense of where to go to be ready to receive the next pass/handball. He stays away from in and under, and in general will be in some space. It never changed when he was with us, we lost close games because of it. I can't imagine it will change for you.

Well aware of that, but he was showing a bit more intent earlier in the year.

My biggest gripe is that compared to last year all his key markers are down.

- Disposals
- Meters gained
- Contested possessions
- Tackles
- Inside 50’s
- Rebound 50’s

All of that on top of a dropping Disposal efficiency and more turnovers.

- Disposals
- Meters gained
- Contested possessions
- Tackles
- Inside 50’s
- Rebound 50’s

I'd kind of expect his contested numbers to be down as we've cornered the market in types that have careers built around that. He'll end up with about 50 less disposals than last season and they'll most likely be handballs.

Also you don't know if Polec is playing a role that differs from Ports in 2018. he is definitely playing closer to goal and has a KPI around goals kicked for the season.

I;m not really defending him and tbh would rather we didn't get either of the Port boys and Hall, Tyson. Campbell I'm ok with- you don't bring in that much senior experience and sit 14th.

I'd kind of expect his contested numbers to be down as we've cornered the market in types that have careers built around that. He'll end up with about 50 less disposals than last season and they'll most likely be handballs.

Also you don't know if Polec is playing a role that differs from Ports in 2018. he is definitely playing closer to goal and has a KPI around goals kicked for the season.

I;m not really defending him and tbh would rather we didn't get either of the Port boys and Hall, Tyson. Campbell I'm ok with- you don't bring in that much senior experience and sit 14th.
He played in a better port side last year. If you lose more than you win, I'm tipping the stat line for most players, particularly outside players would be down. We have been pantsed in the midfield multiple times this year, he is the outlier to that group and depends on the bulls winning it. When they don't win it, he gets it less. We also use him as a link player - when he gets it in a s**t spot he is under more pressure and his DE drops also. Not sure last year vs this year gives us the best indication.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I resent that 😉

- Disposals
- Meters gained
- Contested possessions
- Tackles
- Inside 50’s
- Rebound 50’s

Let's be honest, this has been a veritable crap season all round. Granted, last year Port were disappointing. However, overall, they were much better than we have been this year. Let's see what Polec can deliver next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish we had a replacement for the last 2 rounds. Send him to the VFL and light a fire under his ass to be competitive
Deserves to be dropped based on his kicking efficiency last week.
Absolutely did not belong at AFL level. But like Ziebell, Cunnington and Higgins there is * all chance of that happening and against Port at Docklands we need him.

Deserves to be dropped based on his kicking efficiency last week.
Absolutely did not belong at AFL level. But like Ziebell, Cunnington and Higgins there is fu** all chance of that happening and against Port at Docklands we need him.

I was watching him last week and every time there was a contest or a mark with more than one player, he avoided it at all costs

I was watching him last week and every time there was a contest or a mark with more than one player, he avoided it at all costs

......so HE'S the one avoiding team instructions to all fly for the ball and leave opposition players unattended at the drop?!

Was hesitant to go but for mine his disposal was off. Blatantly torched it
Do our guys actually practice kicking a wet ball? wouldn't have thought so considering how they used it last week.

......so HE'S the one avoiding team instructions to all fly for the ball and leave opposition players unattended at the drop?!

You’re missing my point

It’s footy, not touch footy. The ball would come in, him and 2 other opposition players can mark it. Instead of actually going for the ball he sits off and avoids all contact. Resulted in a goal or 2

It just ****ed me off

- Disposals
- Meters gained
- Contested possessions
- Tackles
- Inside 50’s
- Rebound 50’s

Whooooooooooooooooooa there a minute.

What are his defensive running vs attacking running numbers like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back