Autopsy Round 21, 2019: St.Kilda v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce clutch AF!

Cop that you cheating campaigner umpires. Eleni is consistently awful, under no circumstance should she be umpiring at AFL level in 2020.

Feels good to end Ro$$ Lyon's season.

Jack Steven is a champion, hope he's with us for the rest of his career but if he isn't then wish him the best. Been a fantastic player in a tough period for the club.

I still have my doubts but hopefully Hanners can get his body right because he is obviously a quality player.

Carlisle had a poor game by his standards but lifted with a big last quarter with the game on the line. Looking forward to seeing him fully fit again next year.

Just about ready to shift GOAT status from Acres to Clark. He's got it all.

Sucks about Coff's injury but reckon he'll really start to blossom next year.

Give Ratts the job.

well that was much more enjoyable than I thought it would be. We've played some pretty bleak footy over the last few years, but 'the caretaker' has got us up and about!

Stuv is all class, ala hanners, marshal, clark, battle, wilkie

I'd love to see what ratts could do with a fit list next year. Stuv, hanners, snake, king - in addition to our core group of clark, battle, marshal, gresham, billings, wilkie, bruce, membrey etc

most positive I've felt re a saints team in a long time

Marshall, Clark, Battle, Wilkie... Not often you have four players emerge in one season like these guys have.

Paton looks a player too. He looks like he could play plenty of footy. Parker and Hind are pretty handy additions as well.

What do you guys think about Lonie? His goal conversion isn't up to it imo. Trade? or not?

Go Saints!!! Umpires don’t often change their mind except when it’s taking the ball from the saints and giving it to the dockers.
Over ruled
Over ruled
Whispers in the sky
You haven’t drawn you have now lost.
Suck s**t Ross Lyon!!!

(Just finished watching on delay after media blackout) 😂

Geelong - two first rounders please.

What do you guys think about Lonie? His goal conversion isn't up to it imo. Trade? or not?

He's ben ordinary since he came back but I'd get him fit for next year. He was easily our most improved last year, get him right and his value would rise, his output wouldn't get you much right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clark’s ability to break lines and find his way thru traffic is delightful to watch.

Surely battle will get his rising star nom this week.

Lonies disposal and decision making is pretty poor.

Onya hanners!!

I’d hate to see Fremantle without fyfe
Imagine them without just sandy and mundy. They're so unbelievably cooked as a side.

God I hope Stuv has a change of heart, he deserves to play finals footy with us.

Our small forwards lifted today, Long and Hindy were impressive.

God I love him. Gives the team such a massive boost at critical moments.

Definitely liked Hind and Longs work.

Carlisle, Battle and Savage all clutch at the other end

We had a lot going against us today.

• Appalling umpiring from all of them with Saint’s favourite Eleni (like her umpiring mate’s Foote and Stevens who also despise us -luckily not out there today) leading the way against a Perth team YET AGAIN!!!
  • Roma going down with injury and taking the wind out of our sails. I haven’t felt as low watching footy for a long time as I felt when it looked like he’d done his ACL. You realize how much he means to this group. He plays with a swagger and arrogance and makes everyone around him walk taller. He’s our most important player
  • Butchered opportunities in the last quarter that were sure things. Stuv, then Lonie, then Long getting his touched on the line. We had every reason to throw in the towel.
  • Fyfe dominating.
But we still won!

We showed proper resilience today against a team fighting for finals. A huge win for the club and one that will hopefully get Ratts over the line.

Last edited:
  • Fyfe dominating.
But we still won!

We showed proper resilience today against a team fighting for finals. A huge win for the club and one that will hopefully get Ratts over the line.

Underrated call. The fact that we still got over the line in spite of Fyfes best efforts to drag Freo over the line is a huge tick.

Brilliant win in the face of some atrocious umpiring decisions at crucial times.

The most positive thing for me is we are starting to back ourselves to hit lead up targets - finally!

Ross has sorted his disposals out, a great game.
Stuv is our spiritual leader, will be terrible to see him go, if he does.
Marshall is now the Saints most important player, has a huge heart.
Clark is a class act, he just has so much time.
Membrey a great job, should have had a number of frees for chopping his arms.
Long his best game for the year.
Dunstan another hard workman like effort, if he had a burst of speed he could be a star.
Wilkie what can we say Mr Realiable.
Acres Mr %1 does a lot of unrewarded stuff.

Good in last quarter when it mattered.
Carlisle unsighted before but stood up and took a heap of marks in the last.
Savage mopped up and gave us the drive needed.
Bruce there when it mattered.
Hind makes things happen when involved.
Stuv just a match winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back