Non Lions Discussion 2019

This Carlton Richmond game will be intriguing. Richmond need a big win to try to catch us/West Coast on %, but Carlton need to avoid a big loss because that'll likely put a big dent in Teague's chances. Plenty on the line.

Yeah blues actually playing alright, Tigers just taking their chances. Blues lacking some forward 50 defensive pressure and the ability to crumb after contests. Tigers just counter punching rather than out playing them.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Surely this experiment with this female umpire must come to an end. It’s not about her being female, it’s about her utter incompetence to officiate at this level and it’s obvious she’s only given games because of her gender because no male umpires would be allowed to be so poor and retained week after week. By and far the worst umpire I’ve ever seen at AFL level.

Again in the early stages of this game at Docklands she is showing how putrid she is. Just no feel of the game and constantly misses frees or pays the wrong one. Just get rid of her and end this nonsense or stick her in the NEAFL where all incompetent umpires exist.
I'm not sure you can play the "it's not about her being female" card while simultaneously calling it "the experiment with this female umpire" and claiming it's obvious she is "only given games because of her gender".
Yup, was going to say something similar as TBD.

The Zork

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Agreed she’s not the best going around Elani and doesn’t have a great feel for it but I think she probly cops it more than others as she is more easily identifiable.

Other than razor and leigh fisher - I don’t know any other umpire by looking at them, they all sort of merge into the one indistinguishable clone.

If she makes a few bad calls she stands out more.

COME ON BLUES STRONG FINISH!

Kreuzer misses from right in front after 50m penalty McGovern misses from 50, that little bloke misses a banana kick from boundary.. Riewoldt goals at the other end. It's not Blues day.

Hope we get to play them twice again next year. 8 free premiership points and watching their supporters melt
Extremely unlikely, we'll have the return matchup against Gold Coast and that'll be it for us and the bottom 6.

Back