Autopsy Dogs smash the Bombers: 137 - 33

Remove this Banner Ad

The English language doesn’t have the words to express the depth of hatred I have for that miserable club and it’s supporters so I’ll just leave it at this. That was an enjoyable evening and may all who are connected with the Essendon football club suffer that humiliation week after week for eternity.
This.

Liking every better-without-Caleb post, can't find him a spot in 22, haven't had a good win with him in the side this season. hope more people realise it.

Richmond round 7?
Brisbane round 8?
Port Adelaide round 15?

Let's not just type false statements to try and pass as the truth.

Richmond round 7?
Brisbane round 8?
Port Adelaide round 15?

Let's not just type false statements to try and pass as the truth.

Richmond are our bitches. Brisbane and Port were both in rains, might just suited him and not exposed as much.

Last edited:
I reckon I’ve posted something similar about ten times in various threads over the past few years. Wtf is Dodoro playing at? They are crying out for inside mids and consistently trade for “cream” players.

There is no chance that list wins multiple games in September.
Have to win trade week so they can say they have won something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honest question though mate, would you bring him back next week, and if so, where does he play? I personally don’t think we should change that team from last night. What’s your take?

Personally I wouldn't make any changes unless someone is sore or injured.

And they can kick it to our teenage fullforward who is already the #1 contested mark in the league and we've got 1.5 mill+ in the salary cap to fill in the gaps

Come to think of it, we're in pretty good shape.
We are - and with one more pre-season into Tim English we will be competitive in the ruck.
Last night was the first time we've won the ruck battle this year. Add 1-2 best 22 players at the trade table and we are primed.

Absolutely awesome to win by 100+, especially over a team above us on the ladder, but wow Essendon were abysmal. They put almost no pressure on our players and we pretty much did as we pleased. It just would've been nice to topple that record 120 point win from 1985!

Honest question though mate, would you bring him back next week, and if so, where does he play? I personally don’t think we should change that team from last night. What’s your take?

All played well, whoever misses will be unlucky, but it’s a good sign when blokes miss having played ok. A real sign of form and depth.
If the injured aren’t right then no change. If someone is coming in then I’d say Hayes or Richards miss out. Hayes was pretty good but I don’t think he’s at the level of a consistent afl player and if GWS turn it on next week he could be a liability.

We are - and with one more pre-season into Tim English we will be competitive in the ruck.
Last night was the first time we've won the ruck battle this year. Add 1-2 best 22 players at the trade table and we are primed.

I think we lost the ruck battle last night. Clarke had almost double the hit outs that English had iirc

I’d play him back in the defensive role he’s been in all year. Has been outstanding imo. Our link up in transition has been great the last 5-6 weeks and can partly explain our spike in form weeks so having one of our best ball users and decision makers in there is a no brainer for me.

Last night was probably the best example yet of how people envisioned English when we got him - the whole 'midfielder in a rucks body'. Clarke won the hitouts but English was far, far better around the ground, particularly in the first half. When Tim's confidence is up he really moves with purpose around the ground and plays like a giant mid. Decision making and skills execution so much better than your average ruck.

Exciting when he gets stronger and those hitout numbers start evening up.

How he has kept his job after overseeing 15 years of underperformance is one of the most baffling riddles in footy.

Every other club except Gold Coast has won a final in that time. It’s an extraordinarily mediocre performance from a very wealthy and previously successful club.

We would burn down the Whitten Oval if we had that record and we’re generally quite forgiving.
They are a club that has come to accept mediocrity. We are finally moving away from that.

I think subconsciously they are still guilt-ridden from the doping scandal. And their self-belief has taken a massive hit.

Thank you, James Hird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back