Autopsy Round 21, 2019: St.Kilda v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Without looking at the stats or watching the replay I thought dunstan had some terrific moments. I think he's going to be a decent inside mid. Not a star. But decent. Every side needs them!

Dunstand is 24 and 100 games. I'm not sure he's going to be anything he's not already.
Which is mostly OK ish.

Pretty much my summation of it as well, 1st was decent, flow of game was rather shizen, a lot of things that coulda shoulda woulda didn't eventuate, middled a bit and we ended right side up to yay?

I'd just love it if sides didn't get a sniff in by a free kick 30 out from a player launching from a canon. Not discounting skillness of Walt, but could probably get a job at Disney.

Great to see the boys smiling though, Stuv and Hanners in post looking a bit relieved and just happy to be there.
Took some Sth African friends who are learning the game.

Told him before the start that if you can kick 12 against them you will win.

Typical ultra defensive game with 36 players inside the 50 at either end.

Apart from.winning and some individual efforts it was IMO an average game to watch.

Our skills were ordinary for most. I guess we judge our own harshly, but I reckon we got out of jail today.

Took some Sth African friends who are learning the game.

Told him before the start that if you can kick 12 against them you will win.

Typical ultra defensive game with 36 players inside the 50 at either end.

Apart from.winning and some individual efforts it was IMO an average game to watch.

Our skills were ordinary for most. I guess we judge our own harshly, but I reckon we got out of jail today.
$200

Today’s game from Battle is one of those defining ones. Gets his beak bent, comes back on, absolutely wills himself to the contest with no regard for his safety. Takes the match saving grab. He’ll look back on that as the moment he made it.

Was even more important with Coffield out of action, really stood up when we needed it, BOG for us imo.

Marshall, Clark, Battle, Wilkie... Not often you have four players emerge in one season like these guys have.

Should add Coffield & Hind to that group .

Seriously club has to address umpiring standard really poor in many other games as well.

Not arguing with some decisions but they got a huge amount wrong today
Gavine & Elli never consistently got many right both ways , just awful display.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If both play some better mid plays elsewhere. Who?
All depends on the rotations I guess. We rotated numerous through today watching at the game. Long went in when Steele went to fyfe and tagged Walters. Ross, Stuv, Dunstan, Hanners, Steele & Clark all has periods through the middle. Don’t see why a Crouch couldn’t rotate with Dunstan on the pine when Newnes &/or Stuv leaves years end.

All depends on the rotations I guess. We rotated numerous through today watching at the game. Long went in when Steele went to fyfe and tagged Walters. Ross, Stuv, Dunstan, Hanners, Steele & Clark all has periods through the middle. Don’t see why a Crouch couldn’t rotate with Dunstan on the pine when Newnes &/or Stuv leaves years end.
My opinion is for the same reason theymay want get rid of one of the crouch’s. Makes them to slow without spread. Samefault as dunstan

My opinion is for the same reason theymay want get rid of one of the crouch’s. Makes them to slow without spread. Samefault as dunstan
Don’t disagree. Crouch a big upgrade and happy to replace if that’s how the trades fell. Steele not quick either, so does make it slow.

Shout out to Long who was outstanding today. Even when Steele went to fyfe in the second half, Long rotated tagging Walters when in the middle and killed him. Some good moves by Rats today.. trying some new stuff - not all worked, but I think that was personal rather than strategy.
Walters normally destroys us. He didn't today.

Patton was very good on him When he was forward

I wanted to comment on the game earlier but I was still a bit shell shocked from some of the umpiring decisions.

Really happy to put it simply, especially for Jack Steven. No matter what happens at the end of the year, he will always be a champion of St Kilda.
Also happy to see Carlisle lift in the last, Battle shake off last weeks shocker to have a blinder, and Long getting some form back. And Hanners!! I hope all the douchenuggets will get off his back about his shoddy hammies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back