Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was genuinely afraid of Richmond until I saw them play today. Massively, massively overrated. Scoreline was completely flattering, Carlton were right in the contest. I’d be more afraid of playing Carlton again that Richmond.

File under ‘posts that will get bumped within one minute of the siren’.

I agree that our game plan is perfect to slow them. When it hits the deck, they run manic pressure and force turnovers. If we can retain possession with the slow build, it renders them very average defensively.

File under ‘posts that will get bumped within one minute of the siren’.

I agree that our game plan is perfect to slow them. When it hits the deck, they run manic pressure and force turnovers. If we can retain possession with the slow build, it renders them very average defensively.

TBH I reckon we are actually really good in manic congestion. So many look-away handballs land on the head of an Eagles player running into space.

Brisbane v Geelong next week. Do we have a preference?

Probably a 10 goal win for the Cats, to force Brisbane's % lower. FWIW I think the Lions will win.

Brisbane win.

Geelong fans (one in particular) would be insufferable if they won the flag this year. Almost as floggy as Richmond fans.

Probably a 10 goal win for the Cats, to force Brisbane's % lower. FWIW I think the Lions will win.

Dream scenario:

-Brisbane beat Geelong
-We beat Richmond
-Richmond beat Brisbane

Geelong. If Brisbane lose to the Cats at home they'll have a hell of a time beating the Tigers at the 'G, meaning that if we lose to the Tigers next week we'll go Top 2 on the back of a win over the Hawks.

Cats wont lose to the Blues at home in R23.

EDIT: Also Collingwood will start favourites in their 2 remaining games, and are ahead of the Tigers on percentage. Richmond wont want to play funny buggers vs Brisbane because a loss there will almost certainly see them pushed to 5th by the Pies. Finally, if we f*ck up and finish 3rd I would probably want to play Brisbane at the Gabba over the Cats and Kardinya.

Last edited:
Dream scenario. Eagles win against Richmond and Hawthorn.

Next best scenario. Eagles win against Hawthorn but lose against Richmond. Collingwood beat Adelaide and Essendon. Then....

Option 1: Geelong beat Brisbane, Richmond beat Brisbane. Result: 1. GEE, 2. WCE, 3. RICH, 4. BRIS

Option 2: Geelong beat Brisbane, Brisbane beat Richmond. Result: 1. GEE, 2. BRIS, 3. WCE, 4. COL

Option 3: Brisbane beat Geelong, Brisbane beat Richmond. Result: 1. BRIS, 2. GEE, 3. WCE, 4. COL

Option 4: Brisbane beat Geelong, Richmond beat Brisbane. Result: 1. GEE, 2. BRIS, 3. WCE, 4. RICH

Give me option one thanks. Geelong winning next week is the only way we can finish top two with a loss. Go the Cats.

If Geelong spank Brisbane it would help. Brisbane will lose to Richmond, eagles will need to semi-flog hawthorn in 2 weeks to get second- anticipating a loss v Richmond next weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll know our fate after next weekend but I can foresee the Richmond-Brisbane game being an absolute farce that no one in the media has cottoned onto yet and I wonder if they will if these results happen...
Geelong beat Brisbane
Adelaide beat Collingwood
Richmond beat us

It will mean Geelong guaranteed to finish top. If we beat Hawthorn, then Richmond go into the game against Brisbane knowing if they beat Brisbane, they'll know by how much they need to win by to take 2nd spot OR
they can lose to Brisbane and let them take 2nd spot and they can take 4th and play Geelong at the MCG in week 1 of the finals.

It's a huge advantage to have, to set themselves up for every game at the MCG for the rest of the year.

We'll know our fate after next weekend but I can foresee the Richmond-Brisbane game being an absolute farce that no one in the media has cottoned onto yet and I wonder if they will if these results happen...
Geelong beat Brisbane
Adelaide beat Collingwood
Richmond beat us

It will mean Geelong guaranteed to finish top. If we beat Hawthorn, then Richmond go into the game against Brisbane knowing if they beat Brisbane, they'll know by how much they need to win by to take 2nd spot OR
they can lose to Brisbane and let them take 2nd spot and they can take 4th and play Geelong at the MCG in week 1 of the finals.

It's a huge advantage to have, to set themselves up for every game at the MCG for the rest of the year.

That Crows/Pies game is sneakily crucial. Collingwood win both, Richmond can’t tank the last game for 4th.

A loss will see them fifth, which is still a game at the G, and a win see them play at the G vs Geelong or Collingwood, but it’s a muuuuuch bigger risk.

A draw between Brisbane and Geelong could be either calamitous or excellent depending on whether we beat Richmond or not.

Won't matter, we'll smash Richmond and Hawthorn on the way to top 2 and winning 3 finals to make it back to back on the way to the next 10 flags in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back