Game Day Crows v Eagles - Lambs heading for doom [now with 100% more POLL ]

Who will win today and by how much? (closes ~4.30PM ACST)

• Crows 100+ points

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Crows under 100 points

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Eagles under 10 points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles 10-50 points

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • Eagles 50-100 points

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Eagles 100+ points

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Thats why we got close, apart from his one gut run he had yet another poor game.

He played well in the 2nd q.
Where has that endeavour been for the last seven or eight weeks? Play like that the last two games and we could win both.
First time I've seen us analyse an oppo's strengths and work to negate them. Could this be the dawning of a new era for our coaching panel, or is it an aberration?

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'll admit it was closer than I expected.

It was definitely the bottom 6 that cost us that game and THAT is on the selectors. NO-one else to blame.
Mackay, Dougy and Otto in particular. Gibbs was marginally better and Jacobs has some decent moments but needs to go out.

Scrogdogg

Club Legend
May 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I realise people will still be unhappy, but the ball movement looked a lot better today. Replace Hartigan with Doedee and Otten with Keath and I think we win that. If this type of ball movement was there all season we wouldn’t have dropped games like Essendon and North, even Carlton.

You are forgetting the pizz poor decision making and GIFTED TURNOVERS we kept supplying them.

And a flogging may have just got the change we so desperately need... this however is the worst result.

On SM-T835 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I disagree. This is not the worst result. At least this loss puts our future out of our hands, and makes it much more likely that we'll miss the 8, and therefore making it more likely to force those required changes to this club.

The worst possible result the club could get from this match is winning. It's rewarding us for selling our future in a life or death battle for 8th (utterly stupid at the best of times), which means the next time we're faced with this situation, we'll again sell our future for that finals place. There is no positive there at all, just increasing the millstone weighing us down.

Crowboto

Club Legend
Jun 11, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I realise people will still be unhappy, but the ball movement looked a lot better today. Replace Hartigan with Doedee and Otten with Keath and I think we win that. If this type of ball movement was there all season we wouldn’t have dropped games like Essendon and North, even Carlton.
I takes so many poor performances and massive amounts vitriole from the supporter base and media for them to wake up and play like they did and even then its only once or twice a year. Big issues with this club.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Better is isn’t really good enough though because was still hot garbage. It’s a minor miracle we were so efficient inside 50.
It wasn’t hot garbage, our quick (but patient) ball movement is why we were able to stay in that game. It’s only taken 4 years, but Pyke finally realized you can’t just bomb long to the Eagles defense. Talia was also very good, saved our arse multiple times.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
I takes so many poor performances and massive amounts vitriole from the supporter base and media for them to wake up and play like they did and even then its only once or twice a year. Big issues with this club.
Oh I agree, this type of performance isn’t seen often enough, which is exactly why we are in this situation.

mcattack

All Australian
Apr 14, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
He should have retired midway through the Grand Final
It is ironic isnt it the guy who literally can't keep up gets a game. Great player in SANFL not AFL quality. Did some okay things but doesn't make up for his lack of anything resembling pace. List needs a culling end of year ... We need to be ruthless.

Grooster24

Club Legend
May 27, 2015
Dlusional
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Fun fact: If we stop with the unnecessary handballs to a player in a worse position that result in a turnover and a goal, we win these games. We are still doing it. Centre tap to midfielder running clear towards goal and he handballs sideways/backwards to a team mate under pressure. No other word for it other than R.E.T.A.R.D.E.D.

Yep. We have this fascination with players behind us. Always looking behind every f^cking time we have the ball.

PLEASE STOP IT

It wasn’t hot garbage, our quick (but patient) ball movement is why we were able to stay in that game. It’s only taken 4 years, but Pyke finally realized you can’t just bomb long to the Eagles defense. Talia was also very good, saved our arse multiple times.

Didn't Pyke invent the Eagles way of playing defensively? The web and all that? Pretty sure he's known what needs to be done this whole time

Schulzycrow

Footy never ends.
Apr 18, 2010
Land of Procrastination
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NorwoodFC, Chic Bulls, Gldn State
How's the folks traveling that loaded up on the Weagles 60+ etc etc......
Who fn cares if it was 60+ or 10 points. Same problems since the bye. In Fog coming in we have a leading forward who can kick straight. Pity it took 20 rounds to do it. Same old mediocrity that hasn't won us a flag in 20+ years. I for one don't want to wait another 20 to see one. Play someone who might be able to lay a tackle or take the game on. But an honourable loss will mean nothing changes.

But at least we didn't lose by 60.

Last edited by a moderator:

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who fn cares if it was 60+ or 10 points. Same problems since the bye. In Fog coming in we have a leading forward who can kick straight. Pity it took 20 rounds to do it. Same old mediocrity that hasn't won us a flag in 20+ years. I for one don't want to wait another 20 to see one. Play someone who might be able to lay a tackle or take the game on. But an honourable loss will mean nothing changes.

But at least we didn't lose by 60.
Like I said, don't worry, the young talents are developing nicely in the SANFL, we will build a list to contend for the premiership in another 5-6 years (like we have been doing since we've entered the AFL), and that won't change, let's hope this time we will pinch one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back