Injury 2019 Saints Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming you’re being facetious here?
If you actually look at our injuries this season, almost all of them have been either collision/contact injuries (concussion, broken bones) or unavoidable circumstances (heart, mental health) rather that physical preparation injuries. Thats part of why it has been so tough because they are just the result of bad luck rather than poor governance from the club.

If you actually look at our injuries this season, almost all of them have been either collision/contact injuries (concussion, broken bones) or unavoidable circumstances (heart, mental health) rather that physical preparation injuries. Thats part of why it has been so tough because they are just the result of bad luck rather than poor governance from the club.

I agree completely. Which is why I posted this response because I couldn’t believe it was a serious post.

With King and Long both injured due their opponents illegally pushing them so that both landed awkwardly.

What's the deal with Armo? AFL injury list says "Personal - Indefinite".
There's been a break up and Richo's moved out of the Moorabbin home they shared for 6 years.

I'm interested in how Roberton is going , heard from a poster on here he is finished , however I also hear he has been at training - has the club mentioned if he is any chance at all at playing again.
Any information would be great.

I'm interested in how Roberton is going , heard from a poster on here he is finished , however I also hear he has been at training - has the club mentioned if he is any chance at all at playing again.
He was training 2 weeks ago when i was there Premium

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure he can train The problem is he has a heart issue that I doubt will be cleared.

I’m pretty sure he can train The problem is he has a heart issue that I doubt will be cleared.

And he will be stuck on 91 games for us so no F/S coming our way. FFS give us a break!

Same with Paddy - 60 odd games short I know, but a convergence of McCartin and Brownless genes. Imagine they have a couple of boys who turn out to be guns.

The Gods keep on smiting us

Still, their health comes first and rightly so... but just a little luck wouldn't kill us would it???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the club advised the nature of Armos personal leave?

Hope he’s all good and it’s just early retirement from the club...

Has the club advised the nature of Armos personal leave?

Hope he’s all good and it’s just early retirement from the club...
He copped a concussion a few weeks back and I think its related to that. Any kind of ongoing symptoms are probably very seriously looked at and considering Armo is returning anyway I doubt he wants to push it. Would be nice if he had a fairwell game but footy is a hash game at times. :(

Is Ming definitely done for the year? I saw footage of him running the other day. Don't want to play him if he isn't fit but geez it kind of would be nice to see him get a run

Here's an interesting stat. Average number of injured players per round for the Saints:

2007: 7.0
2008: 8.3
2009: 5.2
2010: 8.2
2011: 7.8
2012: 4.7
2013: 8.8
2014: 9.0
2015: 6.6
2016: 5.1
2017: 7.3
2018: 8.2
2019: 12.8

We thought this was a bad year for injuries, the stats definitely agree. And obviously this doesn't take into account who got injured.

So we'd expect to see a bunch of improvement just from this regressing back to the mean - which looks more like 7-8 injured players per round rather than 12-13. Especially this should affect Sandy.

Here's an interesting stat. Average number of injured players per round for the Saints:

2007: 7.0
2008: 8.3
2009: 5.2
2010: 8.2
2011: 7.8
2012: 4.7
2013: 8.8
2014: 9.0
2015: 6.6
2016: 5.1
2017: 7.3
2018: 8.2
2019: 12.8

We thought this was a bad year for injuries, the stats definitely agree. And obviously this doesn't take into account who got injured.

So we'd expect to see a bunch of improvement just from this regressing back to the mean - which looks more like 7-8 injured players per round rather than 12-13. Especially this should affect Sandy.

Be intersted to see what the competition average has been over that time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back