Preview Round 22: Changes Vs Essendon + Pre-match discussion

bushchook

All Australian
Dec 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fairwell game for Ballas can go and get stuffed.
Chris Mayne debuted for us, developed through and played 172 games. He didn’t get any opportunity in his last season.

What are you talking about? Mayne was selected for every game he was fit for his entire career with us. He just played like s**t, so you probably didn't notice he was out there.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Looking at Duiman’s shoulders he is pretty thin bone wise. Not sure he can put on the weight.

Bull.

Your body peaks 25/26ish. I was his size for most my early/mid 20s. Now I’m training for a marathon weighing 93kgs 6ft 2.

He’ll put it on eventually...might not be on the Freo list when he does mind you!

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Honesty don’t see the point rewarding Cam with a game.

He’s got his year contract. Next year is his final chance.

I’d be inclined to bring in Sturt or Dixon or even both.

Banfield papers stamped surely and Shultz clearly has a big pre season ahead of him.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bull.

Your body peaks 25/26ish. I was his size for most my early/mid 20s. Now I’m training for a marathon weighing 93kgs 6ft 2.

He’ll put it on eventually...might not be on the Freo list when he does mind you!

Duiman looks like a ectomorph to me.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle

Banfield papers stamped surely and Shultz clearly has a big pre season ahead of him.
Agree.

Make Cam experience what it’s like not to play AFL.

In fact, I would telling him to lose weight or he won’t get played next year.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Haven't watched your game yet [ will shortly] but feel positive, you play us next week. NOW if you can't beat us you have problems.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Coach or players what’s going on with you guys?

Wouldn’t mind Woosh for an assistant role with us.
Please take him.
Did a great job with the top up year but since then it's been thanks for coming. No idea when it comes to managing young players.
In his favour IMO our list has been very over rated.

benfica

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2011
woodgreen
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
tottenham

As long as Ross Lyon is here cam will never fulfill his potential

Nodgey

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
The Ballas hate on here is fairly crap. The little bugger has given us all a truckload of highlights and has left it all on the field. Sure he has slowed a fair bit over the last few years but he deserves a bit of respect

Hear hear. Ballas isn’t the list manager nor on the selection panel. He’s been a great servant of the club and I’d be disappointed if he wasn’t offered a send off match. And I for one will be cheering my lungs out for him at the end of the match.

Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
I must be one of the only ones on here that actually thinks Duman has what it takes to be a pretty damn good AFL player, he makes mistakes but he isn't alone in that area at the moment. I can't even really describe why I think he will be good it's just a gut feeling on him.

Banfield is the classic plays well as a mid in the WAFL. Comes in and plays defensive forward. Struggles. Dropped. Repeat. He isn't a forward and never will be so we either play him in the middle or we don't play him, pretty unfair to bring him in and expect him to perform in a position he clearly can't.

We have an AA forward playing 90% midfield and are playing Crowden/Banfield as small forwards. I like Sonny as a mid but I like him a hell of a lot more as a small forward with stints as a mid.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Has any on here had a look at Peel recently. Dixon and Sturt might get a gig in the seniors but they will need to produce a big step in improvement to have any sort of impact.
I don't think Sturt is ready physically. It's not worth the chance of another big hit. Let him mature and come back after another pre season.

Back