Religion Pell Guilty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If accurate, is there no end to this mans arrogance and egotism. What a pill.:thumbsdown:

Prison authorities are investigating whether disgraced cardinal George Pell broke prison rules after a letter he apparently wrote to supporters, comparing his suffering to that of Jesus, was posted on social media.

Absolutely. What a self-obsessed piece of s**t.
Regardless if he is guilty or not via the appeal, he is sub-human garbage.
I'd have picked you as a fan of his.You seem to have a fair bit in common with your attitude to those less fortunate than you.

I'd have picked you as a fan of his.You seem to have a fair bit in common with your attitude to those less fortunate than you.

If you go back to my personal revelation near the beginning of this thread you'll probably regret saying that.

Pointing out that, at present, 150,000+ back-packers are doing jobs that our unemployed youth could do, instead of sitting on welfare, is hardly disparaging to those less fortunate.
In short, go f*** yourself.

If you go back to my personal revelation near the beginning of this thread you'll probably regret saying that.

Pointing out that, at present, 150,000+ back-packers are doing jobs that our unemployed youth could do, instead of sitting on welfare, is hardly disparaging to those less fortunate.
In short, go f*** yourself.
It was probably your own fault just like the unwaged are all lazy and at fault. Being a heartless prick is easy.

It was probably your own fault just like the unwaged are all lazy and at fault. Being a heartless prick is easy.

Since the mods seem to think this is ok I'll play on.
Firstly, your apparently ironic attempt at besmirching me is quite sick.
Being a smartarse and saying that a kid who got sexually abused brought it upon himself is, without doubt, just crass and says so much about who YOU are.
Then trying to equate that with unemployed youth in a pathetic attempt to make a point, (because you don't like my POV on an entirely different topic)), is just plain dumb.

You can climb out of the gutter any time you like Gough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since the mods seem to think this is ok I'll play on.
Firstly, your apparently ironic attempt at besmirching me is quite sick.
Being a smartarse and saying that a kid who got sexually abused brought it upon himself is, without doubt, just crass and says so much about who YOU are.
Then trying to equate that with unemployed youth in a pathetic attempt to make a point, (because you don't like my POV on an entirely different topic)), is just plain dumb.

You can climb out of the gutter any time you like Gough.
I think it's funny. You expect sympathy and empathy for your scenario while offering none yourself. You're just an empty vessel.

I think it's funny. You expect sympathy and empathy for your scenario while offering none yourself. You're just an empty vessel.

As a mod you should choose your words much much more carefully. Nothing ever funny about anything related to child abuse. As a moderator you should step down. If there is an issue with a difference of opinion about politics or welfare etc then state it clearly, but this ain’t the thread to do it, don’t belittle or mock anything about child abuse. It’s disgraceful.

As a mod you should choose your words much much more carefully. Nothing ever funny about anything related to child abuse. As a moderator you should step down. If there is an issue with a difference of opinion about politics or welfare etc then state it clearly, but this ain’t the thread to do it, don’t belittle or mock anything about child abuse. It’s disgraceful.

Accept Gough wasn't making fun of child abuse. There's a disconnect with CM of the expectation of empathy in this thread and just expecting those less fortunate than himself to suck it up in others. I thought the point gough was making was quite obvious to get.

Accept Gough wasn't making fun of child abuse. There's a disconnect with CM of the expectation of empathy in this thread and just expecting those less fortunate than himself to suck it up in others. I thought the point gough was making was quite obvious to get.

This thread is highly different imo. It’s an extremely sensitive issue with a no of victims of child abuse in it.

This thread is highly different imo. It’s an extremely sensitive issue with a no of victims of child abuse in it.

Having empathy for say, those less fortunate shouldn't be any different to showing empathy to those who suffered child abuse. It comes from the same place.

As I said there's an obvious disconnect with CM in this thread and others and Gough's point is obvious.

Having empathy for say, those less fortunate shouldn't be any different to showing empathy to those who suffered child abuse. It comes from the same place.

As I said there's an obvious disconnect with CM in this thread and others and Gough's point is obvious.

Last I’ll say - Make the point in another thread, plenty to choose from.

What utter crap.
There is NO expectation of empathy from me, or any other child abuse survivor, in this thread whatsoever.
Do you really and honestly believe that I, and the others, exposed our past in this thread to garner some sort of emotional outpouring for what we live with daily?
Are you really that stupid?

I fail to see, in any way whatsoever, how pointing out that 150,000+ jobs are being taken by international back-packers, that could be taken by our unemployed youth is in any way disparaging.

I have also quite openly supported an increase to Newstart.

There is no disconnection here at all.

There is, however, a few people who wish to use their perceived 'irony' as a tool to score a really shitty and cheap political point in a thread which is so far removed from the topic they are so outraged by.

Really dirty pool, and if you tried it on to my face I'd knock your f***ing teeth in.

What utter crap.
There is NO expectation of empathy from me, or any other child abuse survivor, in this thread whatsoever.
Do you really and honestly believe that I, and the others, exposed our past in this thread to garner some sort of emotional outpouring for what we live with daily?
Are you really that stupid?

I fail to see, in any way whatsoever, how pointing out that 150,000+ jobs are being taken by international back-packers, that could be taken by our unemployed youth is in any way disparaging.

I have also quite openly supported an increase to Newstart.

There is no disconnection here at all.

There is, however, a few people who wish to use their perceived 'irony' as a tool to score a really s**tty and cheap political point in a thread which is so far removed from the topic they are so outraged by.

Really dirty pool, and if you tried it on to my face I'd knock your f***ing teeth in.
I don't fully understand what the issue is here. Gough seems to be berating you for expecting empathy for your situation and those similarly placed, while you display no sympathy for the unemployed. There appears to be a misunderstanding happening here, which I don't fully comprehend.

I'll just say that I respect both you and Gough as genuine, concerned people who generally post impressively. Maybe a couple of PMs between you two might sort this contretemps out, if it's not already too late. Otherwise it has the potential to become sillier and more damaging to this board.

Edit: I noticed mention of 'irony' in your post. Its employ in conversations on the web are invariably fraught. Is there a way this ugliness can be averted? It might be worth exploring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back