+ Rioli very good

- We were too cute going forward
- Leaked some easy goals

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Eagleboy68 is the Hickster your new scapegoat? I thought that was Masten.

HickGod is so much better than you give him credit for. I know stats aren't everything, but as HoneyBadger35 put it, what you said is blantently false - actually, HickGod is having something close to a career best season this year.

I'm not sure if we're actually watching the same game, because I honestly don't see how the Hickster is anything but, at the very least, the GOAT.

Lol I hardly ever bashed Masten.
He's had a better year this year than last year.

Yes I've mentioned him a few times but I think you're confusing me with fig09

I see value to Masten in the team more than I do hickey

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Negative: I think this is around the forth time now this season that simmo has not given Hutchings a role. Isn't it blatantly obvious that he offers nothing if he isn't tagging? I don't understand the thinking behind it.
Careful...Hutchings stats are awesome don't you know

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I know he’s not a great ruckman. I’ve never said he was. You’ve never said he was. Nobody thinks he is.

He is a very good kick on goal. He had a bad miss today but when you’re kicking at 78% on the year and kick your first behind 16 games in, knocking goal kicking seems strange.

Like I said, sink the boots into Hickey, I couldn’t give a fu**, just make it about something that isn’t painfully obviously false.

It’s like criticising Andrew Gaff because he doesn’t cover enough ground, or Jeremy McGovern because he can’t intercept mark, or the #1 scoring team for not being able to score when Josh Kennedy plays.

If you look back my knocking of hickeys shot on goal was a facetious one directed at you.. sorta tongue in cheek..I hope you're not directing those latter comments towards me

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Hickey had a poor game but anyone who thinks that he is terrible and that we should replace him as soon as we can need to think that we traded him for pick 39 AND upgraded our 4th rounder, all whilst offloading lycett for pick 22.

And Hickey has been far better this season then lycett has.
I disagree. I thought he had a decent game today. Certainly played his role

West Coast 06

Premium Platinum
Jun 5, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast
Plenty of scragging and incorrect disposal in the first half too missed by the maggots. It's corruption and the reason we didn't beat them by alot more.
My fav umpiring moment today (can’t single out just one of the many 10m kicks paid marks or incorrect disposals not penalised!) was when the mark was paid off a half volley and then to really rub it in, a 50 paid when the Crows player was rightly tackled. I mean FMD.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
well that was stressful. people said we'd blow the Crows away?
they took it right up to us. credit to them. sure wasn't a pretty game to watch.
they tried all the variations of 'how to beat the eagles'.
lots of relentless pressure and perceived pressure.
a lot of the boys must've been drinking jitter-juice or panic-pepsi.
whatever the forwards were trying to do, sure looked like total whack.
too many cute tricks and overplay. sometimes need to play hard and direct.
petch is a wildcard, never know what's gonna happen? a headless chook sometimes.
Ryan got worn like a coat all day.
the defence was a Bermuda triangle at times, Shep, Hurn. need Dugs.
we seem to have enough talent to cover most scenarios and get the win-
you lock down the obvious contributors, other players rise to the fore.
it was a funny game, crows tactics I guess. (umpiring?)
was waiting for our power surge to happen, then waiting for the crows to roll over us.
am still not concerned about JK, he plays a role that's not all about kicking goals.
hickey was very serviceable again. it's not like we got someone better, yet?
HM to JW and OA.
a wins a win. tough gig, steel us for next week, if not too sore.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
My fav umpiring moment today (can’t single out just one of the many 10m kicks paid marks or incorrect disposals not penalised!) was when the mark was paid off a half volley and then to really rub it in, a 50 paid when the Crows player was rightly tackled. I mean FMD.

The massive kicking in danger that just about took Sheps head off and didn’t get called was a good one

Brave Sir Robin

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
In real time I thought it was a bump ball but the replay made it look a mark fair and square.

There were some absolute head scratchers though. At least one blatant throw over the head that I think led to a shot/goal for Adelaide and a clear as day drop of the ball by a Crow in our forward 50 late in the game.

Anybody know what was going on with Nelson and Lynch?

Lynch called him pale as buggery and he was like look who's talking, Fanta pants.

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
The massive kicking in danger that just about took Sheps head off and didn’t get called was a good one
I liked it when Shuey was taken high on the wing, play on was called and then without a hint of irony at the next contest the ump paid the Crows a free kick for exactly the same action.

Umpires #10 & #26 were dueling for how much they could screw us today.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
- We were too cute going forward
- Leaked some easy goals
This sums it up pretty well.

We have been pretty wasteful going forward with this newfound talent in the forwardline, I think it’s giving us too many options almost. The newer guys are amazing but they just need to tone down the creativity by 10% at times.

We’ve become less predictable which is great but we need to tighten up a bit so we don’t keep wasting owning the ball.

Not sure what’s happening in defence but it’s not looking too promising. Unless we stop leaking goals we will struggle to contain sides in finals.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Strange game, now I’m home here’s some things to note.

- Got beaten in clearances which lead to us getting beaten in uncontested possession chains.

- However our superior ball movement allowed to dominate territory and get repeat entries.

- Repeated entries buffed pure contested possession numbers and hurt our inside 50 efficiency, which was down from attacks on the rebound.

- They rebounded really well but we still managed to limit supply. Team defence was up but pressure was down at stages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I liked it when Shuey was taken high on the wing, play on was called and then without a hint of irony at the next contest the ump paid the Crows a free kick for exactly the same action.

Umpires #10 & #26 were dueling for how much they could screw us today.
I had the misfortune of seeing some worse performances over the weekend buy 10 is consistantly a serial failure

Back