Preview Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

E
I have an opinion and I need to grow up?

The ones who need to grow up are those who can't handles differing opinions and funny enough, you're one of them.

There are a few on this board who make it their mission to victimize those who express differing opinions to the "status quo"

Well to you I say...go fu** yourselves.

Hickey should not be in our side in my opinion.
Every ******* is entitled to his opinion even you. fw

If Lynch and Riewoldt isn't an instance where we need Schofield, he should never play. Richmond have two genuine tall forwards. We need two genuine tall defenders, aside from McGovern.

Schofield isn't a "lumbering tall". He's a tall defender who is also a dedicated stopper, which makes perfect sense for an opponent like Riewoldt.

Rotham has played 3 games, Watson has played 2.

Horses for courses.

You think three bigger slower kp backs is fine against a small, hard running, handballing side and forward line possibly in the wet.

Like I said the Tigers pace and style in getting the ball forward worries me.

At the end of the day it will come down to pressure our forwards and mids apply. I remember looking like witches hats when quick sides run at us and our pressure isnt high enough.

Horses for courses.
Exactly. When we play a side with two genuine key forwards, we need two genuine key defenders, apart from McGovern.

That's horses for courses.

If Schofield isn't worth picking when we have to stop Riewoldt and Lynch, he may as well be delisted.

Out: Petch, Waterman (played well but we are maybe too tall)
In: Achee, Cameron(with the instruction to focus on tackling)
We need more run to take on Richmond. I would also consider playing Watson for Nelson. I know this won't be a popular inclusion and probably won't happen but we need something special here to combat Richmond. Barass and Schofield are to be the two main lockdown defenders to guard Reiwoldt and Lynch. Watson gives us more run. Richmond are a fast team and after seeing how often Adelaide scored on us using a combination of chaos balls, run and carry while trying to avoid the long kicks to nullify McGovern we need a slightly different strategy. Ever since the loss against the Pies teams are avoiding the long kick in hope to the forward line. They are either kicking low precise passes or fast low chaos balls. Richmond have the speed to beat us.

I think Perch will come good, just not this year. He gets to good places, just needs to develop over another preseason.

Petch for Cameron good with me!
Composure will come with maturity. I think we've seen that his decision making can keep up with his speed.

He should start by slowing down to help the teammate on the ground, rather than skidding past :tearsofjoy:

Unless there is an injury I could see us being unchanged. Oscar Allen can give Chol something to think about. Agree that Schofield stays in so he can play on either Lynch or Riewoldt and frees up Gov to intercept plus gives us cover for Chol drifting forward. I think Petrucelle and Cameron are competing for the same spot with Cripps back. I don't know if there is a case for Nelson to be dropped I don't think he was a liability and Duggan is a week away.

Barrass on Lynch is obvious.

Is it? I get that they’re similar size but now that he’s injury free, Lynch is seriously agile. I worry about the kind of distance he’d be able to create on Barrass, as much as I love him.

I’d almost be inclined to go Schofield on Lynch and Barrass on Riewoldt as a starting point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. When we play a side with two genuine key forwards, we need two genuine key defenders, apart from McGovern.

That's horses for courses.

If Schofield isn't worth picking when we have to stop Riewoldt and Lynch, he may as well be delisted.

Ok I can tell you are totally focused on Richmonds two talls and dont rate or care about their smalls or the tried and proven method they move the ball into their forward line.

The Crows almost rolled us today by kicking short and purposely taking away McGovern's game. I suggest the Tigers at home who are.a better side than the Crows have the game plan and style to do it even better.

The three talls with Schofield worked a treat against Collingwood and other less competent teams. It does not guarantee it will work against EVERY tream. IMO the Tigers are well equiped and capable of taking full advantage of an overly tall defense.

Ok I can tell you are totally focused on Richmonds two talls and dont rate or care about their smalls or the tried and proven method they move the ball into their forward line.
If we're discussing how many tall defenders we should pick, then yeah, I'm focused on Richmond's tall forwards.

Our defenders can't control the way Richmond move the ball through the midfield. They can however go some way to negating Richmond's two most dangerous targets.

I have an opinion and I need to grow up?

The ones who need to grow up are those who can't handles differing opinions and funny enough, you're one of them.

There are a few on this board who make it their mission to victimize those who express differing opinions to the "status quo"

Well to you I say...go fu** yourselves.

Hickey should not be in our side in my opinion.
You’re entitled to that opinion, however we are equally entitled to criticise it.

If you put your opinion on a public forum, you’re offering it up to be both praised and criticised. Don’t chuck a sad when the latter happens.

Anyone dropping Schofield is a Muppet. He makes Gov and Sexual walk 2 ft taller. This week against the tigers especially.

My only change would be Cameron for Petch or for Hutch to actually tag someone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back