Unofficial Preview Sydney Versus Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy this one folks, this might be the last Thursday/Friday night match we're involved in in a long time.

Changes fairly straight forward for me.

IN - Knoll or Amartey, don't really care who but I think Amartey deserves the chance more. McLean needs help.
OUT - Fox. Enough already.

Enjoy this one folks, this might be the last Thursday/Friday night match we're involved in in a long time.

Changes fairly straight forward for me.

IN - Knoll or Amartey, don't really care who but I think Amartey deserves the chance more. McLean needs help.
OUT - Fox. Enough already.

Day games would be good at home at least

Yeah fox tries but don’t see it

5 of our last 6 have been day games and we've lost them all. Just dreading having to wait til Sunday to watch us play every week :huh:

You have a good life if that’s something to dread :p

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Nothing about Melbourne scares me.
I do however fear for McLean, Grassy, Amartey (hopefully not Reid, Allirr) when they have to play against Gawn.. They'll get destroyed.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
My god what a game i dont even know we have never been in this position, would anyone be happy with a win? knowing its not really beneficial :( conflict conflict
happy to secure pick 3 or 4 this weekend. But pretty keen to flog the saints at the SCG in a farewell game.
Finish the season on a high

If Melbourne are trying to win, they will.
This is Melbourne, when they have a bad season, which is most of the time, they like to have a really bad season, I won't mention the T word but you get my drift.

I don't think they can be displaced from 2nd pick, oops I mean 17th so they might really try and win this. Will smash us in the ruck so will get first use most of the time so we have our work cut out.

Given strong recent form I reckon Amartey deserves a go. Want Bell to stay in so Fox who will be unlikely to see 2020 with us may as well make way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

barry fu

Premiership Player
Jun 8, 2009
The Chioggia clump
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sth Freo/Forest/Tricky Trees
This is Melbourne, when they have a bad season, which is most of the time, they like to have a really bad season, I won't mention the T word but you get my drift.

I don't think they can be displaced from 2nd pick, oops I mean 17th so they might really try and win this. Will smash us in the ruck so will get first use most of the time so we have our work cut out.

Given strong recent form I reckon Amartey deserves a go. Want Bell to stay in so Fox who will be unlikely to see 2020 with us may as well make way.

Not a fan of giving debutant only a game WS. If you back the lad for 1, back him for 2.
So yes from Fu for Bell.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Knoll for Fox, otherwise no change. Having said that, could see any one of Thurlow, McInerney or Stoddart come in...whatever! No point bringing in players that will be delisted and the big changes will be the following week to send off Jack and celebrate Franklin’s 300th!

Knoll for Fox, otherwise no change. Having said that, could see any one of Thurlow, McInerney or Stoddart come in...whatever! No point bringing in players that will be delisted and the big changes will be the following week to send off Jack and celebrate Franklin’s 300th!

There wouldn’t be much point bringing in McInerney or Stoddart with only two games left, you can make that one becauss they’d almost certainly be a casualty of the Jack/McVeigh farewells.

The major point of difference in this game is Gawn. Young McLean needs help, so Amartey or Knoll simply must come in IMO.

Troystenvic

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
5 of our last 6 have been day games and we've lost them all. Just dreading having to wait til Sunday to watch us play every week :huh:
If we played all our homes games at our old normal slot of 13:10 on a sunday it would be awesome.

A morning cuddle followed by a Sunday lunch roast and a few bevvies watching an arvo game sounds like a good way to spend every second Sunday.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
There wouldn’t be much point bringing in McInerney or Stoddart with only two games left, you can make that one becauss they’d almost certainly be a casualty of the Jack/McVeigh farewells.

The major point of difference in this game is Gawn. Young McLean needs help, so Amartey or Knoll simply must come in IMO.
It’s a dead rubber, all the more reason to play them. Amartey is not playing, almost certain to be delisted...give it up!

Am going to this game and I am looking forward to it.

I feel like a schoolkid nearing the end of summer holidays. When the long anticipated hols started they seemed to stretch out an enormous period of happy times. When the second last week came around it came time to start counting down the days until school resumed.

This is what our penultimate game feels like. We are ending this odd retro season early without September games. At least there will be no 4-6-30. This season has gone so quickly despite its many losses. All too soon the off season will be with us.

I think we will win this and next week to finish the season on a high. Two in a row is not a streak but I think it is very important to the young players, Club and supporters.

Despite a poor loss I cannot see many changes. No-one in the 2s really demanded to be promoted. I thought Amartey was again pretty good in a variety of roles. Some suggest Knoll could be picked. I really cannot see it. Still anyone taller than a possum would be welcome against Gawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back