Autopsy Round 21, 2019: St.Kilda v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Lones has been a bit off the boil since returning but I think he deserves his spot over other small forwards. Great run down tackle today.

I thought his first two games back were very good. He certainly had good influence and kicked the goals.
Has dropped off a bit now, maybe fitness because he was out for a while. What I did notice is that he presents pretty often but gets overlooked by his team mates.

How good was it when Ross Lyon got so mad he went to flip the coaching box desk over?
He’s so strong in the hips for a kid as well. When he does get caught, stands up in the tackle and rotates his hips to get the arms free for a handball off. Going to be a star. Already excited for next year after another pre season into he & Marshall with the debuts of King & Bytel.

44d812b981369483aa2d0a17a9a66b2f.jpg

What do you guys think about Lonie? His goal conversion isn't up to it imo. Trade? or not?
I was thinking watching this game that I'd happily trade Ross and Bruce, but absolutely keep hold of Jack Lonie. He could definitely be more accurate from a set shot, but his one percenters and score involvements have been crucial for us this year. We missed him when injured big time.

No trade.

Finally got to watch a replay, awesome seeing Stuv the fat little nugget running around. Thought Hanners played well. But bloody hell Hunter Clark is going to be some sort of player. If Winx comes along like we expect, him, clark and battle is a super spine going forward. Battle surely gets a rising star nom?
And to top it all off, we ended the dirty dokers season!!
yew bewty!

He kicked 4 on return. That run down was a ripper.
I’m indifferent on him I must say. He slots into the Parker/Long mould for mine. Long the standout of the 3 at the moment. The difference between his best and worst is huge. I’d hope over summer we iron that out as to who takes those roles, as I don’t see room for more than two and to step to the next level, that inconsistency needs to bridge its gap.

I think Nick Hind will get better as well. He still looks like he might be trying to impress still, once he feels like he's owning a spot I think he'll settle down a bit and play with a little more poise. His speed and attack are excellent though. I'd rather him in that Kent, he adds frenetic pressure.

Is it bad that I completely forgot we had Kent on our list?

I thought he was playing well before he got injured though, he had most score involvements before it if I recall correctly.

kent is s**t.

Hind is performing at a much higher level than Kent was before his injury, and most importantly, Hind has improvement left in him. Maybe lots of improvement.
Kent is a bit of a fraud for mine, showed nothing except for a couple of Josh the Jenkins type goals in a couple games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking watching this game that I'd happily trade Ross and Bruce, but absolutely keep hold of Jack Lonie. He could definitely be more accurate from a set shot, but his one percenters and score involvements have been crucial for us this year. We missed him when injured big time.

No trade.
But who do we have at the club that will play Bruce's role. On 10+ occasions he was the main target of a kick to a contested situation. By my count he only got out-marked once. Every other time the ball came to ground, giving our small forwards/midfielders an opportunity to regain possession/score. He threw himself into every contest and tried to impose himself like a good power forward should. BTW Not sure who is doing the stats at the AFL but he had more than 2 tackles. IMO Any trade we could get for Bruce will not outweigh what we would lose from a structural point of view.

Oh my , we have goneoverboard a bit here ,

No trade.

Really , or are you after a reaction , Ross can have his bad days but there are still plenty that will be gone before he gets traded or the chop and Bruce is such a work horse , you think Max is ready to play the same way as Bruce getting smashed every contest i take it

I thoroughly enjoyed that game, with pressure of finals out of the equation I could sit back and enjoy the contest more... what a difference a couple of class finishers in hanners and Steven makes, 5 goals and 45 possessions from those two got us over the line in the end.

Umpiring was pretty excruciating, has dunstan been mouthing off to umps or something?

Always pleasing to see Rosco throwing stationary around the box.

Last edited:
- Steven, clearly a while off his best shape has a massive impact straight away. Quality and experience showing.
- Hannebery, barely played all year allegedly cooked with his injury issues, one of our best on straight away. Quality and experience showing.
- Having both going forward will have a massive short term impact imo. Even if Hanners is restricted compared to what he used to do A grade talent doesn't grow on trees especially at the Saints.
- Hunter Clark showing what can happen if you give young players an extended crack in the one's.
- Almost died of heart attack but great win in the end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back