Review The Bad, The Ugly and The Ok- Crows v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Douglas was cooked halfway through last year. I'm flabbergasted that our coaches and many of our supporters can't see that.

Likewise Otten (and he is one of my favourites).

Likewise Jacobs.

We're happy to make ourselves a weaker side so we can fondly bask in the memories of that time where we made a grand final (and conveniently forgetting the part where we got thrashed).

That's what the slowdown is for.

Mar 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
My main issue with dougy is that he’s taking the spot of our future. Either jones or gooch.
That's the problem. He was OK last night, but I don't see what he did that Gooch couldn't equal, and Dougie is trending down while Gooch in theory has a strong future.

Simmo28

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2014
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
How was it lost at selection?
If you mean Sauce v RoB, go back to last week and see how stuffed RoB was. He had a complete rest this weekend.

Atkins was pretty good. One of his best games.

Dougie was not too bad either.

Mackay, meh a typical Mackay game.

Which players should have been brought in to perform better and win that game?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CC, Gunstan, Danger and Davis.

Simmo28

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2014
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Am I the only one who feel like we have been quite poor on sticking tackles in this last month or 2? Shuey must have broken 5-10 tackles on the weekend on his own.

I remember 1 of them he ran straight into a front on, bearhug tackle from Hartigan (which physically I thought would be impossible to break), but he managed to free 1 hand and push Hartigan in the chest not only off him, but completely too the ground and then get an effective disposal.

I was flabbergasted!

Are you surprised given it’s Hartigan???

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can anyone summarise Donny’s presser for us?

I turned off when he was talking about Jacobs and said "ROB had been down abit of late" - yeah 1 ******* game..This guy has no idea how to develop youth and would be a disaster during a rebuild.

Jul 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I turned off when he was talking about Jacobs and said "ROB had been down abit of late" - yeah 1 ******* game..This guy has no idea how to develop youth and would be a disaster during a rebuild.

We all knew Pyke and Campo were waiting for ROB to have one game where he wasn’t dominant so they could get their gold pass mate back in. Joke of a selection will be compounded this week when Jacobs is feted for his 200th. Can’t wait for Chappy’s presentation

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Great game, guys. You mauled us in the centre clearances, particularly in the 2nd. From my nosebleeds seats high up on the wing you had some real nice passages of play, utilising the wide expanses with run and spread. We had no answer to Fogarty. A shoe-in for the Rising Star nom, can't believe he's only 19. But thankfully from our perspective he had little support.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He did do some nice link up things. I said not too bad. But not great. He didnt cost us any goals with stupid defensive marking or running unto our players.

I do have low expectations of him. I would have delisted him last year.

So who.comes in for him to win that game? Apparently we lost the game at selection. Just curious to know how that statement is true.

Literally anyone would do.

If we can’t rouse up someone from the 2’s that couldn’t do a better job then we are in a world of hurt.

Gallucci doesn’t get much of the ball either but compare his value for touches.

Jones, Poholke?

It’s a joke

We all knew Pyke and Campo were waiting for ROB to have one game where he wasn’t dominant so they could get their gold pass mate back in. Joke of a selection will be compounded this week when Jacobs is feted for his 200th. Can’t wait for Chappy’s presentation

I hope people boo Chapman when he gets up to make it all about him.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
When was the last time a key forward in Adelaide colours kicked five goals? Better yet, when was the last time it happened away from home, against a top four side? Anybody? BUELLER?

Who else thinks Fog needs a spell playing down back at Woodville Oval this weekend? There’s just no way you can hold your spot playing like that as an Adelaide forward.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Pyke's actually been pretty supportive of ROB. Campo, well yeah he's been mates with Sauce for near on a decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If RoB was to be dropped just to let Sauce play due to boys club it would have happened after Sauce's first couple of SANFL games.

RoB is fatigued and was managed. He didnt even play SANFL. Yes he travelled, but that is because we had no second Ruck so if Sauce did something over there Otten Rucks.

So who comes in to win that game?

The one player I can think of is Jones for Dougy. Or Stengle for Murphy. That could have been an improvement. Apart.from those changes, we played our best availiable 22.

If R.O.B was rested, wouldn't he have been listed as managed and not delisted?

Last edited:

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Funny how it started to gel when they finally started playing him in his proper position.

I bet those idiots are real proud of themselves right now, after wasting another season.

They’ll tell us playing down there helped his development.

Of course, all the great forwards played in defence first. Remember those stirling years Carey, Lockett, Dunstall, Ablett and Modra had at full back before they burst onto the scene as forwards?

None of those blokes would’ve been any good if not for that. Especially Modra, thank God he played all of 1993 in defence.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
They’ll tell us playing down there helped his development.

Of course, all the great forwards played in defence first. Remember those stirling years Carey, Lockett, Dunstall, Ablett and Modra had at full back before they burst onto the scene as forwards?

None of those blokes would’ve been any good if not for that. Especially Modra, thank God he played all of 1993 in defence.
Remember when Blighty put Modra back?

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Douglas was cooked halfway through last year. I'm flabbergasted that our coaches and many of our supporters can't see that.

Likewise Otten (and he is one of my favourites).

Likewise Jacobs.

We're happy to make ourselves a weaker side so we can fondly bask in the memories of that time where we made a grand final (and conveniently forgetting the part where we got thrashed).

That's what the slowdown is for.

Fages’ “mid-point” message last year (in June) featured the announcement of Douglas signing on.

In June last year, they thought Douglas was good for another 18 months.

That’s a pile of judgement there.

Like they listed Keath as “managed” for the Carlton game.

Longest “managed” in the history of sport.

Remember Riley Knight being managed for seven weeks last year?

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting to see our worst two players

Milera the youth but did not produce
Ediie Oldmanitis, shouldn't be playing AFL anymore

Both on the day are fantastic, it just shows the inconsistency of both youth and age

Is Milera capable of being consistent and has Eddie fallen off the cliff

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Literally anyone would do.

If we can’t rouse up someone from the 2’s that couldn’t do a better job then we are in a world of hurt.

Gallucci doesn’t get much of the ball either but compare his value for touches.

Jones, Poholke?

It’s a joke
Gooch is probably the one who takes Dougie's spot.

Which is why I felt Dougie should have been delisted last year and Gooch slits straight in.

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting to see our worst two players

Milera the youth but did not produce
Ediie Oldmanitis, shouldn't be playing AFL anymore

Both on the day are fantastic, it just shows the inconsistency of both youth and age

Is Milera capable of being consistent and has Eddie fallen off the cliff

I think we need to make the decision on Milera, is it midfield or defender? Switching him around is not ideal.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is it me or do the boys think Murphy punches above his weight? I mean they always kick it way above his head hoping for some miracle mark.

I think that they see his best trait, which is that he gives 150% effort, and somehow think that he will be able to will himself to be 6 foot 6

Back