Multiplat Assassins Creed Odyssey

Remove this Banner Ad

haha I had the same experience last night. Did lol.

Held off playing this as was jaded af with the franchise (didn't play the previous one either) but ******* hell, I'm loving it

he looked at his computer screen, read the post in front of him and made a decision.

'I'm gonna get this game now' he thought to himself.

and with that, he was happy again.

I have normally been jumping into each episode of DLC as they got released but I was finally feeling a bit burned out by the time episode 2 of Atlantis came out. I only just made a start on the episode this weekend and I'm loving these zones. Elysium was stunning and vibrant and the Underworld is equally well done even if it's more dull and desolate. What I like is the new hook or mechanic with each episode. The game play loop is obviously pretty much the same but even after 130 hours I'm still finding things fresh enough. My only beef so far has been as a completionist I found Elysium to be a little grindy in the end, but the Underworld seems far more manageable with a smaller map and so far no ******* forts.

Just finished episode 3 of Fate of Atlantis. The entire journey was epic but I thought the ending would have more closure. I guess that's what the next game is for as the AC reboot was originally described as a new trilogy. After the 3 episodes, all that mythology and Isu stuff it just kind of wrapped up too quickly. Hidden Blade DLC was the same, it started off to be about Darius and it could have been truly epic about the origins of the Assassin's. But, it wasn't. There is nothing on the road map but a lot of people on the internet seem to think there will be another DLC coming. Possibly something to do with Project Olympos that was constantly referred to in Ep3 of Fate of Atlantis. With the next AC game apparently based around vikings, I wonder if that has anything to do with

Otso Berg (Finnish born) and Layla putting the staff through his spine at the end of Ep 3. Poseidon only put Juno and Aita in prison and in the memories we don't find out what happened to them from Aletheia. So the game could be a bridge for the Isu to the previous AC games. After William Miles' cameo at the end of Origins he also didn't make any appearance in Odyssey. Hopefully he returns in the next one, I'm open to a miraculous Desmond resurrection now that Layla has the staff.

The next Lost Tales mission is out. Thought it was the last but they've confirmed another in September.

*! Why can't they just let me be done with this game? I've loved it, but getting sick of having to keep it on my PS4 and firing it up every month just to play it for an hour. It's been a fun ride, but just stop already.

Not that it helps, but that's why I only get DLC through the same store front I bought the game from.
I didn't even think it would matter, considering Steam just pushes the purchases through to Uplay anyway. Only went through there because i got it cheaper than the steam store. Oh well, I'll keep an eye out for another deal.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I didn't even think it would matter, considering Steam just pushes the purchases through to Uplay anyway. Only went through there because i got it cheaper than the steam store. Oh well, I'll keep an eye out for another deal.
It's stupid though, it should still work, it's the same content!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently it works the other way around too (Uplay DLCs work on Steam purchases)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

If I were to guess it would be because it needs Uplay to launch. Purchasing the game on Steam and launching it from there passes the key through to Uplay for activation. With the game only on Uplay there is no way to launch the season pass from Steam. The season pass on Steam would have still been a key forwarded from Ubisoft though, any way to dig the key out of the purchase?

If I were to guess it would be because it needs Uplay to launch. Purchasing the game on Steam and launching it from there passes the key through to Uplay for activation. With the game only on Uplay there is no way to launch the season pass from Steam. The season pass on Steam would have still been a key forwarded from Ubisoft though, any way to dig the key out of the purchase?

Can't seem to dig it out of Uplay. It was also purchased through a 3rd party and redeemed on Uplay, the key has been removed since it's already been redeemed.

Oh well, I'm not even halfway through the original game, I'll survive for a while.

so I just arrived for the Olympics...

fu** I laughed my arse off when that drunken champion oaf went in for the hug and Kassandra ducked & weaved, and he fell into the drink and got eaten by a shark. I did NOT expect that and couldn't stop laughing

:D
lol - wasn't he called Testikles or something?

Oh man. 8 weeks and 205 hours later, I've finally wrapped this up. Im not a completionist, I just loved the stories in this. I really enjoyed the depth of combat, and the mods in the DLC were really well done. Just a fantastic game. The Underworld DLC had some amazing narrative. Kassandra was one of the best charavcters Ive played in games.

The metanarrative was a bit obtuse, but that's AC to a tee.

Ok, finally getting around to playing this (haven't played AC since maybe AC2). Do I need to play Origins first to understand the storyline in Odyssey? Or is it ok to just jump straight into Odyssey? Not really feeling like sinking 100+ hours into Origin at this point as the Egyptian setting doesn't really grab me.

Ok, finally getting around to playing this (haven't played AC since maybe AC2). Do I need to play Origins first to understand the storyline in Odyssey? Or is it ok to just jump straight into Odyssey? Not really feeling like sinking 100+ hours into Origin at this point as the Egyptian setting doesn't really grab me.
Nah, you can jump straight into this. The modern day stuff might be a little confusing but there's not much and it's pretty s**t anyway.

That said, Origins is pretty decent. You can 100% it in about 70 hours (90 with all the DLC) so if you wanted to just smash through the story, you could do so in 30-40 hours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back