Status
Not open for further replies.

smashbox gill

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2008
Donnie
AFL Club
Carlton
Having a midfielder coaching a midfield group :think:. Stanton wasnt a elite player but would know tricks and structures playing that role for 250 + games.

Not sure why he didn't get this role straight away.
He wasn't an elite midfielder but he was a very good midfielder. Whether you an elite midfielder or not doesnt make you a good coach

ibleednavyblue

Cancelled
Jul 27, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
He still may get it even if we lose, as the saints have been also playing well under Ratts. Though it will put doubt in people’s minds making the decision.

Go down to geelong and put it right up to them as well would make the case too compelling to ignore him.

I would still give him the job anyway. I said weeks ago it was his. But if he beats Saints any doubt for anyone is surely removed

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
Not sure if anyone else heard David Parkin on 774 today. He was doing special comments on the Saints game with Ryan O’Keefe and they asked him if he was on board the “Teague Train”
“I’m driving it!” He said.
He also said “Ask Ryan, he knows more than I do, and it’s to do with a former coach of his also helping out.”

So roos is helping teague out?

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018

Nori

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I'd say the character that Carlton showed in the loss to Richmond has probably secured the job for Teague. In the first 7 games he showed us that he could get the boys playing an attractive high scoring brand of footy. In the last couple of games he's showed that he can get them to grind it out against the best opposition and actually stay in the contest until the very end.

There is one thing that we have not had since Parkin and that is a coach that actually changes the way the team plays from week to week and quarter to quarter. Teague is not just a relationships coach, he is also a tactician.

Oh, I've been smiling lately Dreaming about the flags to come
And I believe in Teaguey,
Our time has come.
Oh Teague Train sounding louder Everyone jump on the Teague Train
Get your bluebaggers together,
Go bring your family and friends,
'Cause it's getting nearer,
It soon will be with you
Oh Teague Train sounding louder Everyone jump on the Teague Train.

Go Blues!

I'd say the character that Carlton showed in the loss to Richmond has probably secured the job for Teague. In the first 7 games he showed us that he could get the boys playing an attractive high scoring brand of footy. In the last couple of games he's showed that he can get them to grind it out against the best opposition and actually stay in the contest until the very end.

There is one thing that we have not had since Parkin and that is a coach that actually changes the way the team plays from week to week and quarter to quarter. Teague is not just a relationships coach, he is also a tactician.
Plus
Last goal wrong so that is a 22 point loss. Plus McKay shoulda got a free amd then kicked a goal
So that is 16 point loss.
Not too shabby!

I think you’re wrong... very soon

Toot toot !!

(Houllie Doullie barass replied to my post :oops: happy to sign autographs later, cheers )

Last edited:

GeoCoulthard

Debutant
Nov 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I originally preferred Ratten. I'm now well and truely on the Teague Train.

Please, please, don't let it be Clarkson. Never liked him - the king hit from behind in that exhibition game in London all those years ago and then when we played Hawthorn with Fev on 99 goals. We were well behind and were going to lose the game but he put about 4 or 5 players on Fevola specifically to prevent him getting to the ton. One of the most obvious and despised coaching tactics I have ever seen.

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
HOW ******* SOON IS THE COACHING ANNOUNCEMENT COMING I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW THIS AFTERNOON FFS AND NOW MY PREPARATION IS TOTALLY OUT THE WINDOW PLS HALP ME
Just tell them to give you the job as an interim caretaker for 9 weeks and you will prove yourself.

That's the way it's done baby

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton

Very astute comments.
The bit about the matchday and week to week changes is massive for me........ :thumbsu:

HOW ******* SOON IS THE COACHING ANNOUNCEMENT COMING I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW THIS AFTERNOON FFS AND NOW MY PREPARATION IS TOTALLY OUT THE WINDOW PLS HALP ME
Good luck SOAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back