Preview Round 22, 2019: Carlton v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 17th August, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 50 89.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played well, isn't injured and there is no viable alternative to test - so why would I drop him.

Marshall/Coffield injured, Lonie going back to his old ways, Acres being Acres and its reasonable to see what Mayo might do so he can take Membreys spot.
Your getting even more outrageous as the night goes on :drunk:

I'm sure there will only be forced changes. A lot depends on Marshall, Acres, Steven and Hanners being available.

My guess is

Out: Coffield (shoulder), Marshall (knee)
In: Brown, Rowe

They might find a way to bring Webster as well, or bring him in instead of Brown.

U
....I mean with finals gone i guess it might be reasonable to see what someone like Mayo can do....But is it reasonable to drop Tim Membrey?...Our leading goal kicker....who had 16 disposals, 6 marks and kicked 2.1?....
Harsh on Membrey I know but my suggestions were as like for like as possible and were about replacing players who are likely to be injured or giving games to "fringe" players to have a look at them.

I reckon both Young and Mayo will be well suited to the G. I see lots of value in giving players like this a bit of incentive to work harder over summer.

Can't see anything crazy happening with selection. If Acres had a bad corky and needs a week, Parker comes in. Marsh or J.Web for Coffield. Marshall should be okay hopefully. Big game. Danger game. The Blues can no longer be underestimated, and I reckon they'll think they're a good chance. It'll be a tight match, but the heart says Saints by 10 points.

He played well, isn't injured and there is no viable alternative to test - so why would I drop him.

Marshall/Coffield injured, Lonie going back to his old ways, Acres being Acres and its reasonable to see what Mayo might do so he can take Membreys spot.
Acres being acres?
Plays each week with a cork?

Fair effort .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win both games by 100 points and there's a few draws among the other contenders we can finish 7th...
"The Saints’ equation for making the finals is even tougher than the Hawks’ or Dockers’. It requires:

— Essendon and Port Adelaide to go 0-2, and even then the Bombers might still have a better percentage than them;

— Hawthorn and Fremantle to finish on fewer wins than the Saints;

— and the Adelaide v Western Bulldogs loser being stuck on 10 wins.

Oh, and winning both of their remaining games. Simple."

Yeah I know - talking about trying different options for the otherwise meaningless second last game of the year - silly bugger aren't I.

Perhaps I should focus on dimmie's and talking about trades from18 years ago !!!!!
Perhaps if you want to talk about serious alternatives don't suggest dropping 5 best 22 players for 5 potatoes.

Yeah I know - talking about trying different options for the otherwise meaningless second last game of the year - silly bugger aren't I.

Perhaps I should focus on dimmie's and talking about trades from18 years ago !!!!!
Dimmies make more sense than dropping guys for the sake of it. Obviously you were joking. I can’t think of any other reason for the post. Do you think trading hall was a good idea?

If Marshall gets up and Steven+Hanners aren't sore and can play we'll flog the s**t out of them

Membrey to kick a bag on limp dick Weitering like he normally does

Membrey does love playing us, but you're really not giving Weiters any credit here. Been having a tremendous season.

Should beat this mob quite comfortably. Carlton we’re quite ordinary against the tiges. 1 goal in a half of footy that came from a mistake from a tigers player. They are playing with some spirit but can’t do it for 4 qtrs.

Can’t stand the blues.

1 goal in the pouring rain, ended up going down by 4 goals to the premiership favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back