Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cogs would be an amazing get, but I don’t like the idea of basing our coaching decision around one player. Especially when the current players appear to be on board the Teague Train.
If that’s the case then let’s focus our efforts elsewhere.

Maybe it goes both ways - does getting Coniglio make it more appealing for Clarko to come to Carlton?

Cogs tells Hawthorn their offer isn't enough to get him to leave GWS.
Cogs tells Carlton their offer is fine but he'd prefer to play under a proven coach.
Clarko tells Carlton their offer is fine but he's committed to Hawthorn...for now.
Carlton tell Clarkson that Cogs is happy to come if Clarko is on board.
Clarko sees an opportunity to coach the best young team in the comp to another 3peat.

Don't think there'd be a revolt among the playing group if Teague missed out because we signed Clarko up. More likely they'd be a little bit terrified but also extremely excited to play under the best coach in the modern footy era. Don't we always hear about how players want to go to Hawthorn because of Clarko? Why would players suddenly want to leave because of him?

Maybe it goes both ways - does getting Coniglio make it more appealing for Clarko to come to Carlton?

Cogs tells Hawthorn their offer isn't enough to get him to leave GWS.
Cogs tells Carlton their offer is fine but he'd prefer to play under a proven coach.
Clarko tells Carlton their offer is fine but he's committed to Hawthorn...for now.
Carlton tell Clarkson that Cogs is happy to come if Clarko is on board.
Clarko sees an opportunity to coach the best young team in the comp to another 3peat.

Don't think there'd be a revolt among the playing group if Teague missed out because we signed Clarko up. More likely they'd be a little bit terrified but also extremely excited to play under the best coach in the modern footy era. Don't we always hear about how players want to go to Hawthorn because of Clarko? Why would players suddenly want to leave because of him?
Teague has been clear about wanting to stay at the Blues regardless, even as Assistant. So if Clarko came, I don't think he'd be running for the door. Might even prefer to stay over a Senior Coaching offer... but now I'm not pontificating.

One of the Hawks board moderators just said on the Cogs board that he has a source from within the CFC that has said Coniglio will only play under a proven coach...
So someone on the Hawks board has a rumour that COGs is more like to go to Hawthorn because Clarkson is a proven coach. Sounds legit to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a morning !! A selection of ITK posters all singing from the same page in regards to Cogs coming to Carlton next year and then B70 also dropping the news in the David Teague thread that the coaching announcement will be very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back