• Sydney Stack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Mabior Chol

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Formidable outfit this mob our midfield will need to get on top because they don’t need a lot of inside 50s to hurt you on the scoreboard.
Yeo is the man we’ll need to pay very close attention to (Jack Graham) in the midfield he’s a serious talent and their barometer. Close his clearance work down and we are a big chance
Also do not forget where the game is being played at! ;)

Castagna is going no where! He is least of our problems.....(if we have any at all)...:)
Baker, short or ellis are the 3 that could make way for dusty & cotch
The fact they played Pickett back to look at him, and Kmac is waiting in the wings sounds alarms for those half back types.
I think Bolton might be in trouble too.

West Coast is a formidable outfit.
They have a three-pronged midfield of Gaff, Shuey and Yeo.
If we can negate two of those three, hit them hard early, we are in with a chance.
Step up Jack R and Gra-Gra.
Should be dry conditions.
The little fellas Bolton and Stack have been average in the wet, they relish running in dry conditions.
I reckon you left out the best of the lot of them, Dom Sheed.

Formidable outfit this mob our midfield will need to get on top because they don’t need a lot of inside 50s to hurt you on the scoreboard.
Yeo is the man we’ll need to pay very close attention to (Jack Graham) in the midfield he’s a serious talent and their barometer. Close his clearance work down and we are a big chance

Yeo is at his best when he goes 1 v 1, if Dusty plays Yeo likely goes to him.

Graham should mind Shuey at the clearances. A real key for them. Gaff I think you just have to let him get his 30-35, IMO he's not as damaging as Yeo/Shuey and is difficult to tag because of his engine. If anyone Lambert would be a perfect match up but rarely these days do we go that defensive in the midfield.

Reckon Stack needs to go back to defence. His 4 goals against the Saints were great when he caught the opposition off-guard, but let’s be honest, he’s a natural defender.

After watching the VFL today, I don’t think Pickett is any chance to play AFL this year. That’s okay, just get a proper pre-season into him.

Out: Chol, Bolton, Short/Baker
In: Soldo, Cotchin, Martin
Agree.
#stackback.

Very true.
With Ross and Graham doing the grunt work and doing it well look for Cotch to come back and play half back.
What a luxury to have. Time to start protecting this bloke. Imagine Cotchy getting back to his 30+ possesions games with pin point passes a great decission making.
I like the tough as nails 20p inside kamikaze inspirational leader Cotch far better.

Watching them against Adelaide they do like to roll the dice and cheat forward, the way we defend and hold our defence should stop those easy goals they get in when they're in acres of space.

How do we fit them all in though? If we're to fit them all, then players like Caddy, Bolton and Baker will be in trouble.

If Baker goes, then Edwards has to play back and he's much cleaner and more damaging as a mid. Caddy's playing a very specific role out on the wing. Bolton is probably the one that is the most expendable, but his speed is quite damaging on ball and gives us a different look.
How do you fit em in quite easily imo. As stated in another thread id go with this for the next two weeks at least it is a point of difference in player type with bigger bodies without losing run and pace imo replacing mainly smaller players. I would love to see Balta play down back but know its not likely to happen so wont include him.

Vlastuin - Astbury - Broad
Stack - Grimes - Houli

Nankervis - Cotchin - Prestia
Lambert - Martin - Ross

Rioli - Riewoldt - Edwards
Castagna - Lynch - Chol

Graham - Mcintosh - Bolton/ Pickett/Caddy

Out - Ellis, Short, Baker .Caddy???
Ins - Martin, Cotchin, McIntosh, Pickett???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No prior, but incorrect disposal. We would have been smoking if it wasn’t paid to us. The soft double 50 against Bolton was crap, but then also pretty stupid.
No prior? He marked a kick into the backline? Umpire paid play on as he thought grimes got a fingernail to it. Was a terrible decision.

Stack is better in that position than Short. I'd even prefer McIntosh there to Short. Short doesn't defend very well and blindly hacks the ball out when under pressure.

To be honest I'd prefer Menadue back there to Short.
Stack wasn’t great yesterday nor his last game before he was injured. McIntosh plays a different position to short but I’d have him back in no issue, you lost me with menedue however.

No prior? He marked a kick into the backline? Umpire paid play on as he thought grimes got a fingernail to it. Was a terrible decision.
Grimes did touch it, it was actually pretty clear. The terrible call was Plowman throwing the ball over Lynch's head in the 3rd and no 50 was given because the controlling umpire wasn't paying attention.

Id go
Out: Bolton (needs a rest) Chol & Baker
In: Dusty, Cotchin, Balta
WCE tall forward line worries me. I would be surprised if Kmac came in this week as well
Agree chol has been quiet 2 weeks in a row, I’d look at replacing with balta who I think is more advanced than marbs at the moment. I’d drop Ross for cotch or dusty however, needs more time in the 2’s. Other spot possibly baker out but that’s a tough one, I’d keep Bolton as that line breaking speed is important.

Grimes did touch it, it was actually pretty clear. The terrible call was Plowman throwing the ball over Lynch's head in the 3rd and no 50 was given because the controlling umpire wasn't paying attention.
I’d have to watch it again as from where I was sitting I thought it was a fingernail at most.

I’d have to watch it again as from where I was sitting I thought it was a fingernail at most.
Nah, clear touch. I remember because I was spouting a fairly lengthy NSFW diatrabe at the tv and had to sheepishly shut up when they put on the replay.

Stack wasn’t great yesterday nor his last game before he was injured. McIntosh plays a different position to short but I’d have him back in no issue, you lost me with menedue however.
Oh well, never mind.

I still prefer him to Short.

I like the tough as nails 20p inside kamikaze inspirational leader Cotch far better.
So do I but he can't do it forever. Ross and Graham are young bulls. Nothing wrong with throwing Cotch in there if teams are getting on top however.

Watching the replay and 3/4 time with Abby Holmes.

" one of the things i have been impressed with is their ability to adapt and the versatility they have shown which is why they are still in the race for top 4 "

now for the juicy part

" whereas you look at some other sides, they cop some injuries and they might use that as an excuse but not these tigers "

Oh whacking day oh whacking day, well done Abby, saying something the boys club just wont even if she is a little bit biased now. :D

Back