News Brayden Crossley positive drug test

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It's not performance enhancing, so it's a ridiculous outcome that ASADA is dealing with it in the first place.

South American derived Coca tea has been acknowledged in the scientific literature with causing positive results in cocaine metabolite analysis.;)

Last edited:

Les Malone

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
It's not performance enhancing, so it's a ridiculous outcome that ASADA is dealing with it in the first place.

South American derived Coca tea has been acknowledged in the scientific literature with causing false positive results in cocaine metabolite analysis.;)

Go to the races or a nightclub where notes change hands you have about a 20% chance and maybe higher of having cocaine on your hands at the least

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Go to the races or a nightclub where notes change hands you have about a 20% chance and maybe higher of having cocaine on your hands at the least

There are cutoff points for metabolite levels mate.

I wouldn't be running that one as a defence.

It was coca tea. He drinks at least 5 cups of the stuff a day, and he just ran out of it.

Les Malone

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
There are cutoff points for metabolite levels mate.

I wouldn't be running that one as a defence.

It was coca tea. He drinks at least 5 cups of the stuff a day, and he just ran out of it.

Post 54 sounds better and for all i know may be true.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He's an A-Lister that would bring the AFL down if his drug use was publicised.

C and D-Graders like Keefe, Thomas, Murray and Crossley the AFL doesn't care about. Most people outside of oppo clubs wouldn't have heard of them.

Keefe and Thomas tested positive to clenbuterol

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
No chance it's an isolated thing. Not just at our club, but at all clubs. And in society. Cross just didn't hide it well enough.

Well yes,
I recognise players will use recreational drugs at times.
Just hoping that everyone else is doing so in a manner that doesn’t jeopardise their ability to play!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
It's a field full of favourites to pick from, but is the Club's lowest point ever?

Suspect it is, but since we started from a low place the amount of fall is not that bad. This off-season we were already going to ask for a lot of help.

We had much higher expectations when Bennell was front page news, and therefore had a lot further to fall. And fall we did.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Suspect it is

We had much higher expectations when Bennell was front page news,
What I was driving at
Strong suspicion with our current list issues and knowing Wheels never wanted to leave that if the same thing happened today we'd be rehabilitating him
Goober certainly isn't as high profile as Wheels but our list is nowhere near as solid either

Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
It's a field full of favourites to pick from, but is the Club's lowest point ever?
Not to me. When I found out about all the players on Karmichael Hunt's "golf" trip was worse. That group has largely been cleared out. All I know of now is that Goober has had a positive drug test, but is fighting to prove his innocence. Maybe he is innocent. We've got some ripping young players, who seem committed to lifting our club. Our facilities are the best they've been. We've been competitive in about 80% of our matches this season. The League looks likely to grant us some concessions to help us compete. I'm not all doom & gloom.

Greendogg

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not to me. When I found out about all the players on Karmichael Hunt's "golf" trip was worse. That group has largely been cleared out. All I know of now is that Goober has had a positive drug test, but is fighting to prove his innocence. Maybe he is innocent. We've got some ripping young players, who seem committed to lifting our club. Our facilities are the best they've been. We've been competitive in about 80% of our matches this season. The League looks likely to grant us some concessions to help us compete. I'm not all doom & gloom.
By my reckoning it's 50% doom and 50% gloom, so it does seem to be all doom and gloom!

Can crossley play neafl in the next 4 years?

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nope. Can't play any form of professional football. Might be able to get permission to train at a local league though Like Murray earlier this year.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If his B sample is also positive but the values are at low range (as claimed by some reporters) he can use the argument it was not perfomance enhacing use on game day - it is then again suggested to be 2 years ban. If he can convince ASADA that he did not take the drug but was rather in contaminated environment, he could end up with 1 year ban. It's ridiculous that Murray is still waiting for his day with ASADA almost 1 year after positive test. I would expect Suns to put Crossley on rookie list while he is provisionally suspended.

Back