List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets pick up other teams outside players who cant kick such a great idea (Langdon, Ellis). We already have ANB who runs all day but cant kick the bloody thing. I see it as pointless picking those sorts. we need a winger who can kick it give me Hill we need a pressure forward/goal kicking small give me Butler and Sam Gray for pretty much nothing. Thatll do me the rest mentioned will just add to the bulls**t Papley will cost too much

Hill and freos 4th for this years 2nd and next years 2nd.
Butler for our 3rd
Gray for pack of chips
Tomlinson free agent
Fill the 2 main holes we have. sick of hearing we had our eyes on them in the draft(Lever,Langdon) so lets get them no matter what

Agree with a lot of things you say mate but Langdon is miles ahead of ANB as a player.

* yeah, TRADE PERIOD campaignerS!!!

LOVE A BIT OF TRADE PERIOD!! !! EXCITING!!!!!

GET TO FIND OUT WHICH HAS BEENS, NEVER WERES, AND SOON TO BE POTATOE SALADS DEES ARE "TOSSING THEMSELVES" OVER!!!***

* OUR TRADE TEAM!!! EVERY YEAR THEY SERVE SAME s**t SANDWICH!!! I DONT WANT ANYMORE EATING SHITT SANDWICH!!!!! I DESERVE BETTER!! WE ALL DO, YES ALL OF US!!!

LAST YEAR: ALL CLUBS ARE HAGGLE FOR SHIELS, HAGLE FOR NEALES, HAGGLE FOR LYNCHS, SCULLY AND WINGARD ALSO ON THE TABLE; WE END UP WITH THE CHUBBY DONUT AT THE RICHMOND PUB AND MR. CONCUSSION MAN! WHY?!?!

WHY DIDN'T WE CHASE SOME GUNS?! LET'S GET CONIGLIO!!!!!!!

ALSO WE COULD HAVE HAD LANGDON ALREADY> WE TOOK O'MAC INSTEAD, FUTURE HALL OF FAMER!!!!

Agree with a lot of things you say mate but Langdon is miles ahead of ANB as a player.
I didnt say he wasnt ahead of ANB but if the same result is a s**t kick then whats the point its just shuffling deck chairs on the titanic. All ive heard Langdon is good at is running my point was so is ANB. Id rather Hill over Langdon and try keep this years and next years first than give up 1 to get both. I wouldnt trade pick 2 in this draft unless its live trading on draft night cause Anderson goes 1.

I didnt say he wasnt ahead of ANB but if the same result is a s**t kick then whats the point its just shuffling deck chairs on the titanic. All ive heard Langdon is good at is running my point was so is ANB. Id rather Hill over Langdon and try keep this years and next years first than give up 1 to get both. I wouldnt trade pick 2 in this draft unless its live trading on draft night cause Anderson goes 1.

Langdon isn't going to result us in moving on pick 2 though, Hill would.

The only way pick 2 comes in is if it means something around pick 10-15 comes back. Hill alone isn't worth pick 2. He's worth 7-12 or so.

Pick 2 and future second for hill and freos first would be a good outcome, but probably doesn't excite freo enough. Next years first and this year's second probably not either.

Still think our best course of action is chasing GWS and their first 2 picks, and throwing something in to sweeten. Then use one of those picks to freo, keeping the other first rounder.

We need more than just pick 2 to improve us for next year, so we need to get creative. if we could turn that into Hill and another pick in the mid teens, I'm all for it.

Every year the draft is a promise of gold, Anderson might well be the 2nd best pick available, but theres a huge chance he isnt the second best player from the draft in 10 years time. Hill is one of the best 20 mids in the league at present.

Can't believe I'm still remotely interested in this shitshow of a club after this season and looking forward to the trade and draft period again though.

Were scrambling to work out the cap issue. This is the whole reason behind Jones’ insulting offer.

We can’t walk away with just Hill. It needs to be at least 2-3.

Were scrambling to work out the cap issue.
...cap issue, wtf. We obvs paid Lever a tonne to nab him, and Gawn and Oliver worth nice fat paycheques but the rest of our team are either potential or pathetic, who is getting money?

Also would Freo even deal with us after we scorched them on an injury prone party pig who doesn't even gaf about footy??! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

...cap issue, wtf. We obvs paid Lever a tonne to nab him, and Gawn and Oliver worth nice fat paycheques but the rest of our team are either potential or pathetic, who is getting money?

Also would Freo even deal with us after we scorched them on an injury prone party pig who doesn't even gaf about footy??! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hill wants 800k, Jones & Langdon 5-600k. That’s where we start.

Jones Loves to talk about the club and how much he loves it. then do the best ******* thing for the club and play for * all or retire. I bet melbourne thought we'd go alright again and then could pull the old hawks/cats everybody should play for less for success bullshit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones Loves to talk about the club and how much he loves it. then do the best ******* thing for the club and play for fu** all or retire.
I get where you're coming from but on the other hand our list is average and we have a minimum salary cap expenditure we need to meet. If we're going to overpay a bunch of potatoe he should be first in line (and FWIW he's had a pretty decent year).

I get where you're coming from but on the other hand our list is average and we have a minimum salary cap expenditure we need to meet. If we're going to overpay a bunch of potatoe he should be first in line (and FWIW he's had a pretty decent year).
Why should he be first in line? There wouldnt be a B grader in the history of AFL who has made more money than Jones.

Lets pick up other teams outside players who cant kick such a great idea (Langdon, Ellis). We already have ANB who runs all day but cant kick the bloody thing. I see it as pointless picking those sorts. we need a winger who can kick it give me Hill we need a pressure forward/goal kicking small give me Butler and Sam Gray for pretty much nothing. Thatll do me the rest mentioned will just add to the bulls**t Papley will cost too much

Hill and freos 4th for this years 2nd and next years 2nd.
Butler for our 3rd
Gray for pack of chips
Tomlinson free agent
Fill the 2 main holes we have. sick of hearing we had our eyes on them in the draft(Lever,Langdon) so lets get them no matter what
Important to distinguish between running and spreading

Haven’t paid much attention this year so this is completely unreliable - but this year he seems to just turn it over every time he touches in resulting in goals

Saj should do a Jones - turnover - goal analysis

I’m pretty sure it would be a good mix of ground ball stuff ups and missed marks / spoils

Sure Langdon isn’t the best kick. But he’s the player we lack with his run. I’d much rather Hill. Maybe next years first for Hill. Pick 2/3 is far too much. Also if we end up with pick 2 that’s surely not being traded.
We’ve got a top 5 pick plus Brayshaw. I reckon he is out the door myself. Hill and Langdon could be part of a swap somehow.

Important to distinguish between running and spreading
Important to realise 1 coach demands you spread both ways and put in defensively big time the other is all buddy buddy who wants us all flat footed in an inner circle singing ring around a rosey not wanting to hurt anyones feelings. ANB could/did spread both ways but we'd rather play slow inside mids on the wing and bring them instead the contest and play him forward or not at all. No point getting anybody if the coaching doesnt change otherwise its gonna be Langdon the FF or Hill the small forward. I am in no way saying ANB is as good but under Ross the Toss hed be on the wing with an actual game plan

IMO, our greatest list needs are, in order: Elite kicks, outside mids with pace and crumbers/pressure forwards.

I'd love to get Ellis from Richmond as a FA, and it sounds like we're into Langdon who might cost us our second rounder this year or next. He adds a lot of pace and run but isn't the greatest kick going around.

Papley or Bolton would be fantastic as fast, skilled mid/forwards while Dan Butler might not cost a lot and could help us as a genuine crumbing forward.

Questions - is it worth trying to get Jack Martin from the Suns? Is Stephen Hill worth a shot as a Free Agent (especially if we also target his brother)?

Any other players we could add to the below list of possible targets?

Elite kicks:
Stephen Hill (free agent)

Outside mids:
Brad Hill
Ed Langdon
Zac Jones
Brandon Ellis (free agent)
Jack Martin

Crumbers/pressure forwards:
Tom Papley
Shai Bolton
Dan Butler
Nakia Cockatoo
Sam Gray
FWIW - I like the idea of trying to get the Hills but even more so Jack Martin.
I live in Brisbane and am a member at the Suns and Martin I think is out the door - the Suns did a presentation to him to resign and then dropped him!
That may seem OK to the Suns but would trouble anyone who walked upright! Although it fits well with their approach to Lyons and letting hime walk to the Lions where this week he scored 158 DT points!
Martin has enormous talent and skill but needs to be in a different/better environment.
Could go for Papley, Gray and Zac Jones but Bolton doesn't impress me.

Important to realise 1 coach demands you spread both ways and put in defensively big time the other is all buddy buddy who wants us all flat footed in an inner circle singing ring around a rosey not wanting to hurt anyones feelings. ANB could/did spread both ways but we'd rather play slow inside mids on the wing and bring them instead the contest and play him forward or not at all. No point getting anybody if the coaching doesnt change otherwise its gonna be Langdon the FF or Hill the small forward. I am in no way saying ANB is as good but under Ross the Toss hed be on the wing with an actual game plan
Can't argue with that

Chris Masten. Out of favour in the Weagles midfield, unrestricted free agent.

I've never rated him, but he is a premiership player and certainly got better as he aged. Not sure what his training standards are like and all that stuff, but worth a look if West Coast only offer him a 1 year deal or don't contract him at all?

Even if we don't guarantee him games, he might prefer one or two guaranteed years of money if he doesn't get that from West Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back