Toast Tyson Goldsack - Hung Up His Boots, (27/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

It will likely be his last game TD, but reckon he won't be treating it that way. He may well be next in line for AFL selection if Roughy or Madgen are injured and Moore can't come up. Will still train through our finals series.

Are we going that Bad with Injuries?

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
I haven't watched a lot of VFL, but the few times I've watched I've thought Goldsack looked ok. Far from his best, and age definitely looks to have caught up with him. But he looks as if he could fill a gap if necessary. It's obviously his last year.

I've just always had a theory that a player who knows it is their last game, can be a very dangerous prospect. They have nothing to worry about in terms of their body, and they have nothing to lose. If we copped another defensive injury, and Moore is playing forward, then I'd strongly consider Goldsack as a 'break glass in case of emergency' type selection. Surely he has to be fitter than last year coming off a knee reco.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Say well we are F**ked Then
Dave no sure you were around, or old enough 1990?

We were up by 40 points! At 3/4 time. That’s 40 points.

And all through that last quarter I kept looking at the MCG scoreboard clock.

It’s the Collingwood way. It’s never quite over till it’s over. In victory or not in victory.

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

It’s the Collingwood way. It’s never quite over till it’s over. In victory or not in victory.

Sometimes it’s not over even after the final siren sounds.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sometimes it’s not over even after the final siren sounds.
They used to say about South Sydney Rabbitohs that you were a real fan of you went to their game and it was close and they somehow got up and won, you’d go home to watch the replay and still think the Rabbitohs will lose.

I was 4 Years Old so I don't have any Memory of that Time Sadly.

Agree. In the GF last year when we built that Early Big Lead in the 1st Qtr I was not confident of the Result ever

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
They used to say about South Sydney Rabbitohs that you were a real fan of you went to their game and it was close and they somehow got up and won, you’d go home to watch the replay and still think the Rabbitohs will lose.

I was thinking more along the lines of the umpire allowing 2 marks and two kicks and a goal after the siren because he didn’t hear it.

I knew it was over when Lethal walked down the boundary and signalled to the crowd. We just sang the song over and over.

What a day.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I knew it was over when Lethal walked down the boundary and signalled to the crowd. We just sang the song over and over.

What a day.
Lethal is always my barometer.

Leigh knows.

Was a great great great day and a huge relief.

Being there for it was wonderful embracing so many fellow Magpies - we didn’t know each other but we knew other.

Then back to Vic Park. Lived there for a week :)

I was younger then :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks for everything Goldy.

If only that stubborn mule played you in the first GF in 2010 instead of his love child...…..it would have saved us some serious stress levels.
You think he would have learnt in 2011 also.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
D14DB5C8-92C6-411A-9804-9CEDE3ED10F8.jpeg

This blokes been around since i was a young fella still learning the rules. He’s one bloke you can’t say didn’t give 100% every time he played the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back