Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
6PR this morning said that Sandi wants to retire but the club is pushing him to go on. Ballas wants to play on.
I will bet London to a brick that both are re-signed for next year.
No chance for Ballas. He’s done

6PR this morning said that Sandi wants to retire but the club is pushing him to go on. Ballas wants to play on.
I will bet London to a brick that both are re-signed for next year.
And of course I think I heard Hackdorn also this morning saying Sandi may not want to play on due to concerns with the club's culture, oh Hackdorn just loves to play up the drama.

And of course I think I heard Hackdorn also this morning saying Sandi may not want to play on due to concerns with the club's culture, oh Hackdorn just loves to play up the drama.
Honestly, * that guy

Yeo didn't have the off-field issues.
We aren't a club that is good for players with these off field issues.
We need players that will buy in and develop.
Mature kids, not immature kids like Powell Pepper.
Brayshaw was a step in the right direction, we need to go to the draft and get best available WA players that have good skills, and are good citizens.
Bond and Lloyd put us back some years, and Bell needs to clean it up.
Unfortunately RTB will be the friendly fire casualty

Off field issues are the supposed reasons Darling and Ryan are running around at WC with GF medals in their lockers and not with us.

Off field issues are the supposed reasons Darling and Ryan are running around at WC with GF medals in their lockers and not with us.

Even if we picked 'em, they wouldn't have any flags with us Salim.
We cannot control FIGJAM'S, Bennell, Simpson, yada yada yada

We need stand up blokes that will buy in !!
It's a fact, as Crumpet face has said, there is a cultural issue.
It comes from the top, Rosich, Lyon, Fyfe, Mundy.

We cannot control waywards

Even if we picked 'em, they wouldn't have any flags with us Salim.
We cannot control FIGJAM'S, Bennell, Simpson, yada yada yada

We need stand up blokes that will buy in !!
It's a fact, as Crumpet face has said, there is a cultural issue.
It comes from the top, Rosich, Lyon, Fyfe, Mundy.

We cannot control waywards

WC have been the kings of players with off field issues from Hunter then Cousins and his cronies thru to Ryan recently. It hasn't affected their on field performances. Culture has meant nothing to WC. They draft to win games not popularity contests.

Yeo didn't have the off-field issues.
We aren't a club that is good for players with these off field issues.
We need players that will buy in and develop.
Mature kids, not immature kids like Powell Pepper.
Brayshaw was a step in the right direction, we need to go to the draft and get best available WA players that have good skills, and are good citizens.
Bond and Lloyd put us back some years, and Bell needs to clean it up.
Unfortunately RTB will be the friendly fire casualty
Like Darling's off field issues, we made a good choice there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon coming back to WA would be one of the worst decisions SPP could make if all the stories about him being in with a bad crowd are true. Agree that he'd definitely be good for us but just don't want to take on another iffy prospect after Bennell/Hogan.

Agree.

Not sure coaches play players out of position. Ross isn’t pat Malone on that.

Most the time, they fill holes and just try to be clever. In Blakey’s case, it’s more trying to fill a hole.

Rather Play Nyhuis and then play Conner in the middle.
Don’t understand. This is the most logical and obvious solution. You want a lockdown, intercepting small defender? Nyhuis is your guy.
Blakely can help Fyfe significantly. Not sure why he’s not being played there. He’s trying his heart out at defence , playing as a contested type. Obviously that’s too slow/not suitable for half back.
He got caught HTB because as a midfielder he has time but in defence that’s certainly not the case.
Just don’t understand why he’s being wasted at HB. It’s pretty obvious Nyhuis isn’t on Ross’ list and won’t be playing for Freo next season

What has SPP done off field that is so so bad ? He’s only a young kid don’t forget and we all make a few mistakes at that age. I actually think an arrogant attitude at afl level can be a positive. You’ve really got to think you’re good to be good. This man child stuff doesn’t always fit the bill. Look at Jack Darling and even Darcy Fogarty as examples plus a whole heap more. I reckon SPP has a heap of improvement left in him and I reckon he would easily fit into our best 22. He’s a 91 kg bull. People forget he’s only 21 years old, I mean sheez the guy could become anything. As for his kicking, didn’t he win the goal kicking contest in the combine ?
Look I’m not saying he would be the saviour but he’s definitely worth the punt if we can get him for a second rounder.
We need some grunt around the ball and he provides that in spades, because the guy definitely ain’t soft.He doesn’t mind a snagger either.

Last edited:
SPP was drafted in the top 20 if I recall so there is no way Port are going to let him go cheaply, so all this talk of wanting him if we can get him for a 2nd or third round pick is surely null and void?

It'd be similar to other clubs wanting us to give Blakely away cheaply...unless something dramatic happens it's highly unlikely.

As for his kicking, didn’t he win the goal kicking contest in the combine ?
He did. Perfect score, 30 out of 30. Six goals from six.
He also scored 27/30 for the clean hands test, the best score was 28. Three players scored 28, six scored 27.
3rd in the agility at 8.24
6th in the beep test 14.7. Logue notched up a 15.1

Any chance Hamling has fallen out with Ross with his best mate Kersten not getting a raw deal? Rumours he had a catch up with our recruitment team but could be complete and utter BS. He is exactly what we want/need

SPP was drafted in the top 20 if I recall so there is no way Port are going to let him go cheaply, so all this talk of wanting him if we can get him for a 2nd or third round pick is surely null and void?

It'd be similar to other clubs wanting us to give Blakely away cheaply...unless something dramatic happens it's highly unlikely.
Yes I agree , but if he were to request a trade back home I think a late first rounder could get the deal done ?

Any chance Hamling has fallen out with Ross with his best mate Kersten not getting a raw deal? Rumours he had a catch up with our recruitment team but could be complete and utter BS. He is exactly what we want/need
Lols signed like a 4 year extension this year

From what I hear, Joel has a very close relationship with Ross. I don’t think he’ll be going anywhere , and yes he’s one of our most important players now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back