• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 11, 2003
somewhere in the jungle something is lurking
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
tigers
I think Stack might be in danger of being dropped this week, had a real stinker and didnt lay 1 tackle. I hope we dont drop him but hasnt really put in a strong case for him to stay this week either.

Chol has to give way for Soldo, we have a real chance to work over Hickey this week who isnt as quick as people like you to believe. If we hammer his body all game he will be spent IMO. Chol love the guy but has really struggled lately, we could bring Balta back but Id rather the 2 big fellas to work Hickey and Allen over this week.

Bolton had a stinker which is 2 weeks in a row now, not getting enough of the ball or making enough tackles to justify his place and that sucks because when he is on he could cause West Coast some serious headaches.

Baker had a poor game against Melbourne but 22 possessions against the Blues, probably an easy target to drop because of his size and thats probably a bit un fair on the bloke but we are up against a body hardened West Coast team this week and if he plays like he did against Melbourne it could actually cost us dearly.

Short - wont get dropped, not even sure why people even are thinking about it, maybe he suffers a little bit from the "Baker syndrome" too.

I wouldnt be making any more than 3 changes this week, you're walking a fine line when you make too many changes IMO

On reflection I'd go with:

Ins: Martin, Cotchin & Soldo

Outs: Chol, Bolton & Baker.

Lucky to survive another week but has had an outstanding season : Sydney Stack (lift your game young gun the business end of the season is here)
disagree on all points. wont get into an argument but all I can say is oh god no

Burning bright

Senior List
May 28, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
What I think everyone in the league has learnt from the Carlton match, what the Tiger faithful already know,

is that if you cross Dusty

With a Viking

You end up with,

this magnificent specimen of a fearless warrior for the yellow and black.

Last edited:

Daveeee_12

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers, Man Utd
Watching the replay and 3/4 time with Abby Holmes.

" one of the things i have been impressed with is their ability to adapt and the versatility they have shown which is why they are still in the race for top 4 "

now for the juicy part

" whereas you look at some other sides, they cop some injuries and they might use that as an excuse but not these tigers "

Oh whacking day oh whacking day, well done Abby, saying something the boys club just wont even if she is a little bit biased now. :D
She did call Shedda 'Shaun Edwards' though :expressionless:

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
Out - chol , ( needs more development)
In - Soldo, ( I think he's about to explode)
Out- short ( to fumbly for mine)
In - Dusty
Give Cotchin one more week
---------------
B -- stack --- Astbury----Grimes
Hb- houli-- Broad------Vlaustin
C- Ellis --------- Dusty -----Caddy
Hf--Rioli -----Reiwoldt-- Lambert
Ff- Bolton ----Lynch ----Castagna
R - Soldo ---- Graham--- Prestia
Inter- Ross --Nank - Edwards-- Baker

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
Did anyone see the obvious hold on Jack R with the umpire just shrugging his shoulders like he didn't know what to do?

The problem was Jack was whinging all game and it's clear the umpires got sick of it. We need Jack back to what he does best not worrying about where his next free kick is coming from.

both jack and tom were mauled all day. it was a hard enough day for the talls without that as well.
I said to my dad and brother-in-law if Lynch and Riewoldt were women Jones and Weitering would be up on assault charges.

It was bloody ridiculous what they were allowed to get away with.

They need some lessons off our defenders, who very rarely do s**t like that these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barnard

All Australian
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Harsh calls on Chol IMO, has been quiet but all out talls struggled fwd yesterday and the condition's the last 3 weeks dont suit Cholly.

Chol and Bolton will look so much better if we ever play in the sun again
For me it's more about Balta getting another run before the finals to see if he has improved, the 2 are pretty similar for output in my opinion. The coaching staff might also want to have a look at soldo/nank in the same team. Not against chol staying in by any means

The problem was Jack was whinging all game and it's clear the umpires got sick of it. We need Jack back to what he does best not worrying about where his next free kick is coming from.
And yet if they’d given away the first free kick Jack and Lynch were due it probably wouldn’t have happened in the first place, as soon as those first ones weren’t paid Jones and Weitering knew they’d be able to get away with it and Jack wouldn’t have spent the game whinging.

For me it's more about Balta getting another run before the finals to see if he has improved, the 2 are pretty similar for output in my opinion. The coaching staff might also want to have a look at soldo/nank in the same team. Not against chol staying in by any means
Balta being groomed as a KPD since being dropped, wont see him again this year IMO.

Jun 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
And yet if they’d given away the first free kick Jack and Lynch were due it probably wouldn’t have happened in the first place, as soon as those first ones weren’t paid Jones and Weitering knew they’d be able to get away with it and Jack wouldn’t have spent the game whinging.

The solution is jack should lead more and wrestle less.

The solution is jack should lead more and wrestle less.
He actually tries to do that but as soon as a defender loses body contact with Jack they grab him and he never gets the free kick he should get.

No wonder he whinges, if they actually paid those frees he wouldn’t have to bitch and moan.

Unfortunately his name is Jack Riewoldt not Ben Brown and the only thing the two have in common is that they’re both from Tasmania.

Jun 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
He actually tries to do that but as soon as a defender loses body contact with Jack they grab him and he never gets the free kick he should get.

No wonder he whinges, if they actually paid those frees he wouldn’t have to bitch and moan.

Unfortunately his name is Jack Riewoldt not Ben Brown and the only thing the two have in common is that they’re both from Tasmania.

should grow his hair out.

Tony Stark

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
If we had converted half of our set shots at goal for the match, we would have won by 50+ points. We'll need to fine tune this over the next couple of weeks because it could be fatal in the finals. Rioli's around the ground game was intense but his goal kicking has been less than stellar over the past month.
Rioli's goal kicking has been abysmal to be honest, even his snaps have been poor. Not sure what's going on with him but his goal sense is way off.

Maybe he will suddenly hit the mark but currently he isn't the one you want to have the ball in his hands close to goal, Stack seems much more assured. Actually when you think about it most of our small forwards are very much hit and miss when it comes to kicking and snapping for goal, our midfielders probably more reliable.

Back