List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope this story isn't true for us
Re-sign - CEY, Douglas, Kelly, Greenwood, Keath MacKay
Delist - Otten

Rinse and repeat
That is vomit inducing.

Seriously must retire Otten, Douglas, McKay , possibly Jacobs

Trade Jenkins and Lynch.

Keath id try and keep
Greenwood, wish him the best , hope he gets a long term contract , the guy deserves it.

Play Sloane in Lynches position ... he can do anything Lynch does , and can actually stick a tackle.

Hope macadam can get a game , id take a half fit untried macadam over Murphy .

They won't all go but the way i see the list.

The following all have their best football behind them and could all go and our list would probably be improved.
Jacobs - bring in another mature ruckman.
Betts
Douglas
McKay
Otten

Gibbs and Walker are in the same category but obviously not going anywhere.

Hartigan and Ellis-Yollman will survive through lack of other options.

Jenkins and Greenwood will be traded. Keith might go. All three will be good pickups for their new clubs.

They won't all go but the way i see the list.

The following all have their best football behind them and could all go and our list would probably be improved.
Jacobs - bring in another mature ruckman.
Betts
Douglas
McKay
Otten

Gibbs and Walker are in the same category but obviously not going anywhere.

Hartigan and Ellis-Yollman will survive through lack of other options.

Jenkins and Greenwood will be traded. Keith might go. All three will be good pickups for their new clubs.
Agree but if you can't get a reasonable 2nd ruck you may aswell keep Jacobs but I guess that is why feeling want him as back up

Otten Douglass will retire

Betts should go to Carlton as a coaching role we need new blood for that role not re worked players

Mackay might be kept as depth and SANFL

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hate to bring it up, but i'm really warming to the idea of trading Rory Laird this offseason!

Just considering the state of our list, as well as how much we would get in return, and lastly the kids we have developing underneath him, I can really see the value in that. I know the moneyball idea with Keath and Greenwood sounds nice, but to me we don't have another Alex Keath and Hugh Greenwood on the list right now, and their age is hurting any potential trade return for them.

Where-as it can quite easily be argued that with Brodie, Milera, Scholl, McPherson, Brown, Kelly, and Hammill we have a glutton of small to medium defenders. And surely one of them could step in and fill that void!

I hate to bring it up, but i'm really warming to the idea of trading Rory Laird this offseason!

Just considering the state of our list, as well as how much we would get in return, and lastly the kids we have developing underneath him, I can really see the value in that. I know the moneyball idea with Keath and Greenwood sounds nice, but to me we don't have another Alex Keath and Hugh Greenwood on the list right now, and their age is hurting any potential trade return for them.

Where-as it can quite easily be argued that with Brodie, Milera, Scholl, McPherson, Brown, Kelly, and Hammill we have a glutton of small to medium defenders. And surely one of them could step in and fill that void!
We do have a young fellow on our list that goes by the name of Jordan Butts who has quite arguably been the best of our 2018 inductees in season 2019......Jordan does not turn 20 until the very last day of the year 2019.

Myles Poholke has come on in leaps and bounds in the SANFL this year with his composure under pressure and decision making, areas of his game that were questionable in previous seasons and barring for some niggling injuries at the wrong times in 2019 I'm quite confident he would have been pushing for selection ahead of others like Richard Douglas for example.....and like Greenwood he can certainly win his own ball and take a good grab up forward and slot goals.......and further to that Myles has a decent tank , an area Hugh still seems to be struggling with.

Don't think our list is quite as bleak as you're making it out.

Last edited:

Doedee and CEY will cover Keath and Greenwood. Are they the exact same players, ofc not, but will suffice.

I would rather keep him and hope he bounces back but what do you guys think we could get for Laird? Would want a first to make it worthwhile.

We do have a young fellow on our list that goes by the name of Jordan Butts who has quite arguably been the best of our 2018 inductees in season 2019......Jordan does not turn 20 until the very last day of the year 2019.

Myles Poholke has come on in leaps and bounds in the SANFL this year with his composure under pressure and decision making, areas of his game that were questionable in previous seasons and barring for some niggling injuries at the wrong times in 2019 I'm quite confident he would have been pushing for selection ahead of others like Richard Douglas for example.....and like Greenwood he can certainly win his own ball and take a good grab up forward and slot goals.......and further to that Myles has a decent tank , an area Hugh still seems to be struggling with.

Don't think our list is quite as bleak as you're making it out.
I'm not saying the list is bleak, I just don't think relying on a 19 year old undrafted kid with no AFL games to his name to hold down a key defensive post is not without risk.

Not sure i'm as high on Poholke as you though.

Also, that post was 99% about Rory Laird and 1% about Keath and Greenwood!

Doedee and CEY will cover Keath and Greenwood. Are they the exact same players, ofc not, but will suffice.

I would rather keep him and hope he bounces back but what do you guys think we could get for Laird? Would want a first to make it worthwhile.
I think its fair to assume that any 25 year old, 2 x AA that has averaged almost 32 disposals a game in the last 5 years from the back pocket would fetch quite a healthy return on the trade table!

This time in 2 weeks we will know who is staying/leaving etc.. I cant wait!
Hope Hartigan, Knight, Atkins, Jenkins, Greenwood all request trades (Greenwood 28 next year, no big loss.. got him for nothing so lets cash in)
Jacobs to retire/traded
Betts to retire.. id hate for him to play elsewhere.. should finish as a crow
Otten delisted
Douglas retire/delist
Mackay delist/retire
Hunter delist

Betts should go to Carlton as a coaching role we need new blood for that role not re worked players
No, don't agree with that one.

Eddie is highly respected amongst the Indigenous community, both as a player and as a person. Kids will come to the AFC just to learn from him. Sign him on in a mentoring role at the Academy and let him teach them everything he knows.

Last edited:
This time in 2 weeks we will know who is staying/leaving etc.. I cant wait!
Hope Hartigan, Knight, Atkins, Jenkins, Greenwood all request trades (Greenwood 28 next year, no big loss.. got him for nothing so lets cash in)
Jacobs to retire/traded
Betts to retire.. id hate for him to play elsewhere.. should finish as a crow
Otten delisted
Douglas retire/delist
Mackay delist/retire
Hunter delist
I'm more interested in the movement around the coaches box/support team, cause regardless of how talented your playing list is, if you don't have the right strategy or communicators to teach it, you ain't going anywhere.
And unfortunately I fear there's going to be little change in that department. :'(

Though I do agree with cutting all the old blokes!

I think its fair to assume that any 25 year old, 2 x AA that has averaged almost 32 disposals a game in the last 5 years from the back pocket would fetch quite a healthy return on the trade table!

I like the sound of this kid, which should try and get him. Probably wouldn't come to SA but worth a crack nevertheless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the idea of refreshing your list is to keep the good young players and get rid of the old. Trading Laird is just trading for the sake of trading

I think the idea of refreshing your list is to keep the good young players and get rid of the old. Trading Laird is just trading for the sake of trading
That’s all well and nice, but I never mentioned refreshing the list. I’m talking about trading players for maximum value.

It’s your standard “you gotta give something to get something” concept

That’s all well and nice, but I never mentioned refreshing the list. I’m talking about trading players for maximum value.

It’s your standard “you gotta give something to get something” concept

Yep, just don’t think he’d be worth giving up. More trouble than its worth

Yep, just don’t think he’d be worth giving up. More trouble than its worth
And you know what, that's totally fair. I never want to lose good players either. For me I'm just saying I can see the value now.

Where-as if you asked me 12 months ago i'd probably tell anyone who suggested it to go F**k themselves!

Gold coast and Carlton both interested apparently. GC would be a good opportunity to set himself up Hodge style.
Thats really interesting.

If Laird was interested, and the rumors about Betts and Greenwood are also true, then we really have a lot of ammo to go after Luko.

For me

Priority 1: trade for Luko using pick 3 + whatever.

If thats off the table then would we go to GWS and trade pick 3 for their pick 10 & 13? (Taking liberty with ladder position). Gives them a crack at a high talent before the Green bid comes in.

Otherwise id be keen to trade a combination of our seconds for one of those first rounders but Im pretty sure they have no need for extra second rounders.

For me

Priority 1: trade for Luko using pick 3 + whatever.

If thats off the table then would we go to GWS and trade pick 3 for their pick 10 & 13? (Taking liberty with ladder position). Gives them a crack at a high talent before the Green bid comes in.

Otherwise id be keen to trade a combination of our seconds for one of those first rounders but Im pretty sure they have no need for extra second rounders.
Priority 1 at all costs for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back