Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep and homesickness avoided by getting them settled with a partner

If I’m a good Victorian player who loves Melbourne why would I stay in Sydney - less footy stuff, less opportunity, bigger, more crowded, dearer, less free kicks etc
Take em to King's Cross to get a nasty STD. They won't want to return then for fear of passing it on.

Its more that we have identified flaws for many years and our finals defeats and this year's performance have been the realisation of our musings for years.
Pointing out flaws is great. That's analysis. That's having some insight into things. Many have very valid points. I'm not saying don't criticise. We're here to debate difference of opinion afterall.

However, I'm not so keen on people throwing their toys out of the cot with "List is shi#t. Coach is sh#t. Club is sh#t".

Pointing out flaws is great. That's analysis. That's having some insight into things. Many have very valid points. I'm not saying don't criticise. We're here to debate difference of opinion afterall.

However, I'm not so keen on people throwing their toys out of the cot with "List is shi#t. Coach is sh#t. Club is sh#t".
I mean, when they say they're pointing out flaws, what they're doing is the very last part of your post. Try and get an in-depth answer on any complaint they have.

At some stage early this year, Alan Richardson conceded they needed to rebuild Hanners' body. Presumably their doctors, coaching staff and Dan himself reached a consensus. They did that. Of course Richo was sacked.

The only explanation for Hanners' poor form in 2017 and 2018 was that he was playing with a debilitating injury. He could not run much beyond a jog or kick much further than 35 Mts. Presumably our doctors, coaching staff and Dan himself reached a different consensus. Of course (after a campaign) Horse had his contract extended.

At some stage early this year, Alan Richardson conceded they needed to rebuild Hanners' body. Presumably their doctors, coaching staff and Dan himself reached a consensus. They did that. Of course Richo was sacked.

The only explanation for Hanners' poor form in 2017 and 2018 was that he was playing with a debilitating injury. He could not run much beyond a jog or kick much further than 35 Mts. Presumably our doctors, coaching staff and Dan himself reached a different consensus. Of course (after a campaign) Horse had his contract extended.
Not a lot of causation there B52.

The link between Longmire signing an extension and Richardson being sacked somehow linked to the management of Hanners seems a tenuous one.

And they rebuilt his body so well that he played two then missed the next five being "managed"? I don't get what point you are trying to make.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because St Kilda gave him 10 months off that's why.

Dr RUNVS must be listened to on this. All future injuries must ensure 10 months bed rest as best practice because St Kilda did it.

Lol

Yeah well call me when Hannebery plays say 15 quality games in one year and looks fit

Personally I wish Buddy's foot injury had been addressed early last year. Perhaps he would have been fit this year.
Didn’t he have preseason groin surgery and then sufferers two hamstring injuries this year. Not sure his foot is the area of concern but I’m no medical practitioner so it could all be connected.

Didn’t he have preseason groin surgery and then sufferers two hamstring injuries this year. Not sure his foot is the area of concern but I’m no medical practitioner so it could all be connected.

IIRC, he had a procedure on the foot at the end of last season.

Yep. His heel was never operated on.

He had both of his knees operated on just after the season finished and then the groin surgery just before the start of pre season in November.

Given he could not train, the groin injury last year was no surprise ... still not fit unable to train ... shock horror, more soft tissue.

But you're guessing that the groin injury is related to not being able to train and not caused by something that happened during a match (he did after all do the injury during the GWS match late last year) or old age both of which would equally be as possible as excuses.

The first hamstring happened during training and the second one happened during a match. He has re-injured himself at training both times so the hamstring is hardly proof of lack of training.

But you're guessing that the groin injury is related to not being able to train and not caused by something that happened during a match (he did after all do the injury during the GWS match late last year) or old age both of which would equally be as possible as excuses.

The first hamstring happened during training and the second one happened during a match. He has re-injured himself at training both times so the hamstring is hardly proof of lack of training.

As I said, who knows what would have happened had time been taken off to deal with the foot injury. Sure hamstrings and groins can happen with older blokes, especially those who can power sprint like Franklin. Longmire himself said Bud had 20 minutes of training last year after Round 1.

Surely without base fitness there is a higher risk. For me the bloke is our team's best asset. He loves footy and can be expected to say I am good to go. I just do not think the evidence is there to suggest he has been well managed.

The sight of him hobbled in the Final v GWS was just awful.

As I said, who knows what would have happened had time been taken off to deal with the foot injury.

You mean the three matches he took off between Round 5 and Round 9?

Surely without base fitness there is a higher risk. For me the bloke is our team's best asset. He loves footy and can be expected to say I am good to go. I just do not think the evidence is there to suggest he has been well managed.

So you would rather he train, making the injury worse? He was being managed (not training between matches) and given time off (not playing between Rounds 5-9) what more to you want the club to do? Do you seriously think he was doing no work off the training track?

The sight of him hobbled in the Final v GWS was just awful.

From an injury that had nothing to do with his heel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back