Essendon, where are they now?

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Would have been nice, but I dont think Taranto was ever considered for the first choice. Essendon liked McGrath and Setterfield, and that draft was generally down to personal preference for general ratings, hence McCluggage ended taken third that year.
Yeah not saying he was considered because from what I remember Taranto was a bit of a gamble by the Giants. But to me just seemed like Essendon were content with the safe pick.

Of all the clubs to get a number one pick they were one that could have afforded a gamble. Particularly on a big bodied mid.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
It doesn't matter where they are now, the important thing is that come February 2020 all the professional media good judge experts like WATSON, LLOYD, GODDARD etc will be assuring us that they're definitely a top four side.
It’s like clockwork every year.

They constantly get excited over them picking up players that don’t make them a tougher team.

The absolutely pantsing they copped in the 2017 finals against the Swans should have been the biggest wake up call ever about the need for some size in the midfield. Yet they’ve done nothing about it.

It’s like clockwork every year.

They constantly get excited over them picking up players that don’t make them a tougher team.

The absolutely pantsing they copped in the 2017 finals against the Swans should have been the biggest wake up call ever about the need for some size in the midfield. Yet they’ve done nothing about it.

They look great running ahead of the ball when it is all going their way though.

Why can opposition fans see what is wrong with this team and yet the coaches and recruiters cannot?

How Dodoro stays in his gig is utterly beyond me.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Stringer with hamstring awareness and a chance to miss.

wtf is going on surely Justin Crow and the fitness department get the arse how can you possibly keep having players injured?

Botched the preseason IMO, Paul Turk (Fitness boss) left before preseason finished: https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-25/dons-face-offfield-reshuffle-after-fitness-boss-departs.

"Essendon's general manager of football, Dan Richardson, said the Bombers would use current staff to replace the roles played by Turk."

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Ross Lyon makes a valid point but not a huge fan of an opposition coach having a dig like that in the media.

Most clubs would respond positively onfield to a line like that. This one hasn't for a long time though.

A playing list very content with themselves just to be playing football at the highest level.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Ross Lyon makes a valid point but not a huge fan of an opposition coach having a dig like that in the media.

Most clubs would respond positively onfield to a line like that. This one hasn't for a long time though.

A playing list very content with themselves just to be playing football at the highest level.

If that comment by Ross doesn't spark the team into action then we have major problems but your are probably right. We have a mentally fragile team and will most likely get their asses handed in the last 2 games prompting the club to sack Worsfold

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
didn't know essendon were based in ballarat? and tbh matt crouch was an all australian like two years ago and is still 24? idk if his trade value equates to orazio, who is quickly becoming pretty overhyped

Who said Essendon were 'based' in Ballarat?

You must live an extremely sheltered life because in the grand scheme of a national competition - Ballarat is local to Essendon. I think 99% of people would agree with me.

Sure = Orazio plus an early 2nd rounder would do it.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
How Dodoro stays in his gig is utterly beyond me.

As you well know JeanLuc, if you are in as deep as Adrian is with the coterie, then he is immovable.

His elevation to the Executive and extention of his current job was both totally unbelievable and totally believable.

Nobody knows how to work the EFC FC like Adrian Dodoro. He is brilliant. Very rich and very brilliant.

And very entertaining every Oct/Nov.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Horses**t.

Hird made the finals in 2011 and 2013. He sat out 2014 and was sacked in 2015.

Bomber made the finals in 2014 then left.

Worsfold came in and 2016 was obviously an exception. He made the finals in 2017. In 2018 he got a contract extension. We missed the finals after a shocking start to the season. The shocking start repeated this year and now we’re on the fringe of finals. Of course he’s under pressure, the team’s results have completely stagnated for two years now.

There’s nothing in the facts to back up what you’re saying about coaches being “backed in” or otherwise based on their background.

It’s just the same tired old “narrative” that you’re regurgitating from media hacks and BF trolls.

Like everything, the reality is based on performance.

Essendon supporters who first learnt the word "narrative" in 2012 and try to use it in every post are irritating. You are welcome to disagree with my post (although I don't quite see how it refutes anything I posted) but it doesn't come from "media hacks or BF trolls" as you lazily state. It's my opinion after many years observing the club, no idea what needs to be done except for try to find a guy who does know.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Essendon supporters who first learnt the word "narrative" in 2012 and try to use it in every post are irritating. You are welcome to disagree with my post (although I don't quite see how it refutes anything I posted) but it doesn't come from "media hacks or BF trolls" as you lazily state. It's my opinion after many years observing the club, no idea what needs to be done except for try to find a guy who does know.

Your opinion is in line with the horseshit narrative run by hacks and trolls.

“It’s my opinion”... which is totally refuted by plain facts. Well good for you, great opinion 👍

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Stringer with hamstring awareness and a chance to miss.

wtf is going on surely Justin Crow and the fitness department get the arse how can you possibly keep having players injured?
Always an undersold factor. Same with the giants and pies. When you have multiple years of similar or repeat injuries, something about the fitness staff is wrong.

Back