Review The Bad, The Ugly and The Ok- Crows v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

The underrating is also staggering. He had a good game. No need to bag him. He did what was asked of him.

No he didn't. He went ok against a soft opponent, nowhere near good enough to be his age and getting a game doing that.

Or are you pretending again that your post is what the club would think?

Absolutely. Seems like every kick to him is 2 feet above his head.

Our delivery to him reeks of country footballers spraying a kick and screaming "Get there!"
Most of the time this is because he is the only forward leading at the ball carrier. It creates the impression that we are choosing a bad option by consistently kicking it to him but the reality is until Fogarty came into the side, none of our KPFs were leading up at the ball, so we either kick long down teh oine and get chipped off or bomb it on top of a moving small player like Murphy.

A developing player has a game like Douglas, Mackay, Otten, Jacobs, Gibbs, Betts...fine, but players in their 30s? Bullshit.

If you're over 30 you should either be dominating your position consistently, or be gone. None of the above are dominating, and the only consistency is in how poor they are.

There is no future in the direction the club is heading and if people think next year is going to be different, they are deluded, because people were thinking the exact same thing last season, that there would be no way Mackay, Douglas, Otten, Jacobs would be the preference for games over talented youth, but here we are.

Anyone, anyone comes here and tells me that Douglas did anything that Chayce Jones couldn't do, I will call you a liar.

Most of the time this is because he is the only forward leading at the ball carrier. It creates the impression that we are choosing a bad option by consistently kicking it to him but the reality is until Fogarty came into the side, none of our KPFs were leading up at the ball, so we either kick long down teh oine and get chipped off or bomb it on top of a moving small player like Murphy.
I get what you're saying, but even in the above scenario we could kick it at waist or chest height to Murphy, instead of 2 feet above his head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That could be our club motto "he was okay so we selected him".

We have a number of 200 game players who had a career by being just OK.

I think Jacobs has earned most of his 200 games, he was a very good ruck for us.

The problem are players like Mackay, Reilly and Van Berlo who never would have reached 200 at a good club

How was it lost at selection?
If you mean Sauce v RoB, go back to last week and see how stuffed RoB was. He had a complete rest this weekend.

Atkins was pretty good. One of his best games.

Dougie was not too bad either.

Mackay, meh a typical Mackay game.

Which players should have been brought in to perform better and win that game?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
You're standards for good play are obviously as low as Don's.
Without even thinking about it, if we had swapped our bench (Otten, Knight, Douglas, Atkins) for our emergencies (Jones, Seedsman, Greenwood, O'Brien) that immediately makes us several goals better and wins the game. If you don't want ROB in after just 1 average effort, there are several midfielders in the 2's comfortably better than Dougy and Knight. And I haven't even mentioned Hartigan yet.

VOTES
PLAYER (CLUB)
Luke Shuey (WCE)
8 Matt Crouch (ADEL)
5 Jack Darling (WCE)
5 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
3 Darcy Fogarty (ADEL)
And if Adelaide win M. Crouch would have been on top. I also think if Adelaide win Fogarty's votes would have been ahead of Darling and Yeo.

I think Jacobs has earned most of his 200 games, he was a very good ruck for us.

The problem are players like Mackay, Reilly and Van Berlo who never would have reached 200 at a good club

The club seems to have a culture of rewarding mediocre non-SA players.

Reilly, VB, Mackay and Otten are all prime examples of this, even Douglas to a degree.

Rat seems like he'll be the next one that will be carried to 200 mediocre games as a reward for not leaving.

Jacobs field work has always been substandard.

And the vigorous athletic strength of the younger AFL ruckmen is so noticeable against Jacobs.
Don't agree with this at all. He's definitely finished but in his prime Sauce was a very good around the ground ruckman. Great skills for a big guy. His best football is way behind him.

I didnt hear it but apparently 5aa after the game were raving about Jacobs and how he could kick it unlike ROB who has to handball a lot.

Jacobs 6 kicks 5 handballs.

How the fu** do these guys get paid for their opinion?

Most of them are AFC ambassadors (I'm assuming).

Have you just joined the season?

Our midfield has been pulverised on multiple occasions this year
Interesting stat :
Vs Hawthorn - Sam Jacobs - Clearances : Crows 39 - Hawks 30
Vs Sydney - Sam Jacobs - Clearances : Swans 44 - Crows 41
vs WCE - Sam Jacobs - Clearances : Crows 35 - Eagles 34

Remove this Banner Ad

Back