Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

We seem a lot more unpredictable without Dusty and Cotch, i posed this question last year but I'm going to say it again I think Trent Cotchin's day as a starting midfield are over, I'm not saying he still doesn't run through their but to a lesser extent. Jack Ross could be that next guy! Graham also keep developing him he is a tackling machine and he can show he kick goals to 3 in the GF & 4 yesterday.

We seem a lot more unpredictable without Dusty and Cotch, i posed this question last year but I'm going to say it again I think Trent Cotchin's day as a starting midfield are over, I'm not saying he still doesn't run through their but to a lesser extent. Jack Ross could be that next guy! Graham also keep developing him he is a tackling machine and he can show he kick goals to 3 in the GF & 4 yesterday.
I think Cotchin will be better with these boys assisting him as he’s often doing the bulk of the inside hunting. All this means is we have more and better rotations . Rather than playing one dimensional small forwards we can sit these guys in the FL . It’s been my point all year to increase our midfielders and the quality of them so they can buzz in the FL as well. Martin or Cotchin could easily kick 40-50 goals a year resting in the FL. Cotchin’s injuries seem to be coming more frequently and this will add to his longevity.
I got accused today of being locked back in the 70-80’s which I took as a compliment , but the reality is there was nothing more dangerous than when a Bartlett Ashman Mathews etc went and rested in the FL. The poor old back pockets had to use all types of dirty tactics to survive against their highly skilled opponents. None worse than Squirrel Wheeler who used to squeeze opposition players nuts.

Nah Cotch is still a midfield bull and star. These boys will just allow him to go outside more. Could even play on a wing. Imagine that luxury having Cotchin running rampant on a wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Cotchin will be better with these boys assisting him as he’s often doing the bulk of the inside hunting. All this means is we have more and better rotations . Rather than playing one dimensional small forwards we can sit these guys in the FL . It’s been my point all year to increase our midfielders and the quality of them so they can buzz in the FL as well. Martin or Cotchin could easily kick 40-50 goals a year resting in the FL. Cotchin’s injuries seem to be coming more frequently and this will add to his longevity.
I got accused today of being locked back in the 70-80’s which I took as a compliment , but the reality is there was nothing more dangerous than when a Bartlett Ashman Mathews etc went and rested in the FL. The poor old back pockets had to use all types of dirty tactics to survive against their highly skilled opponents. None worse than Squirrel Wheeler who used to squeeze opposition players nuts.
spot on....
about 5 years ago i said i hoped we'd pick up a few good mids so deledio could play mostly forward and help out with mid rotations, good overhead, good kick and would prolong his career.....now i hope that's cotch/dusty

Equal most tackles in a game by a Richmond player.

View attachment 726122

Gee Gus sticks out like a sore thumb on that list...but then you look at the game. First win after at least a dozen losses and did it breaking the tackle record - that was wild

Gee Gus sticks out like a sore thumb on that list...but then you look at the game. First win after at least a dozen losses and did it breaking the tackle record - that was wild

Was that the game where he had the full body cramps? Thought he was gonna be a gun after that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back