Out: Jones, Lang, Gibbons, Fisher

B: Plowman----------------Casboult---------------Simpson

H: Thomas----------------Weitering---------------Newman

C: Setterfield---------------Cripps-----------------O'Brien

H: Cuningham-----------McGovern---------------SPS

F: Garlett------------------McKay----------------Fasolo

Foll: Kreuzer, Kennedy, Walsh

Bench: E.Curnow, Murphy, Silvagni, Deluca

Important to play with the three tall forwards this week, I think. It's an area we can expose St Kilda.

Casboult back to cover for Jones is a must. Can't afford to give play Goddard in that spot, his disposal was too poor in his senior showings and we don't want to be gifting goals coming out of defence. And we definitely don't want to be playing Weitering as our only key defender against Bruce and Membrey.

TDK has been doing well in the VFL, and we don't need him to tear the game up in the seniors, just provide a tall option deep in our forward 50 so McKay and Gov can get on their bikes without being double-teamed.

Other option could be Phillips, with he and Kreuzer splitting their ruck time 50/50 or close to it. Would have been a good opportunity for Kerr if he wasn't out for the rest of the season.

Could also see Kennedy playing a lead-up forward role, but would rather one of the big blokes to really stretch the Saints defenders.

Whatever we do with the selection - there also needs to be a team directive that if anyone is in a position to give Hannebery or Steven a working over, they do it. Both players with limited football under their belts this year, Steven in particular has half a foot out the door, but both are capable of taking the game away from us if we give them space. Make them think twice about going for the hard ball, and if the opportunity comes to bury them, damn well do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What ferris said.

Please for the love of all that is holy, shut down that average, s**t tatted buffoon in Tim Membrey. It's utterly embarrassing how good we make him look.

Membrey & Bruce both mobile forwards.

Jones would have destroyed either one of them. Goddard and possibly even Cas may not be mobile enough to go with them.

Maybe Weitering to Bruce, Plowman to Membrey? If Plowman can take on Darling he can handle Membrey.

In: Cuningham, Garlett, Fasolo, Kennedy
Out: Jones, Lang, Gibbons, Fisher

B: Plowman----------------Casboult---------------Simpson

H: Thomas----------------Weitering---------------Newman

C: Setterfield---------------Cripps-----------------O'Brien

H: Cuningham-----------McGovern---------------SPS

F: Garlett------------------McKay----------------Fasolo

Foll: Kreuzer, Kennedy, Walsh

Bench: E.Curnow, Murphy, Silvagni, Deluca
i agree with your changes but gibbons stays in and garlett doesnt come in

I really like the way that Deluca and Gibbons have combined to provide forward pressure and run. Both have big tanks and the work ethic to match.

I also like the idea of bringing in BSOS. Both he and Casboult can play forward and back, so that's a bit more flexible than bringing in De Koning as a forward.

Let's also get some class around the ball by bringing in Dow and Cuningham.

IN: BSOS, Dow and Cuningham
OUT: Jones, Lang, LOB

Start BSOS forward with Dow and Cuningham playing forward/mid.

OUT: Jones (inj), Lang, Fisher
IN: TDK, Cuningham, Dow/Owies

FB: Plowman Casboult Newman
HB: SPS, Weitering, Simpson
C: Setterfield Walsh O'Brien
HF: Murphy TDK Thomas
FF: McGovern McKay Cuningham

R: Kreuzer Cripps E.Curnow

Int: Gibbons, JSOS, Deluca, Dow/Owies

EMG: Garlett, Macreadie, Phillips, Stocker

The Dow/Owies choice just comes down to how many midfield minutes they think they can squeeze out of Deluca, JSOS, Gibbons, Cuningham and Thomas. I think Owies deserves a shot, but if they're prepared to play Dow as a midfield option he could do OK. Garlett is another possibility.

Out: Jones (ink), Lang, fish
In: Goddard, Kennedy and stocker

I’d suggest leave fish out for remaining two games and play stocker in both

Not sure dropping Obrien will help his cause ...just keep playing him.

Argument for leaving Goddard out and going smaller this week.

St Kilda have a short forward line, their talls are Bruce (197cm) & Membrey (188cm), who are mobile. Too mobile for Goddard imo.
I'd have Weitering take the taller Bruce and Plowman on Membrey.

Who does Goddard play on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back