Trades Round 22 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacobs went alright, any chance Crows try and double team Grundy with ROB/Jacobs before giving Sauce the flick for round 23 so ROB can get 140 on English?
R23, Dogs v Crows game is in Ballarat. Players will be too cold to bother in what could be a nothing game in terms of the top 8.

I had a week off before league prelim so held ROB (Chol emergency)
If crows play 2 rucks then I'll trade ROB this week to Gawn.

Smith or Stewart to go first? Was that a role change out of mids for Smith yesterday? If so I'll probably get rid of him first.

Who to come in, Laird or Z.Williams?

Smith definitely goes first.

Flip a coin for Laird V Williams. Perhaps wait for teams to be announced. If Josh Kelly/DeBoar are back then grab Laird. If not, then get Williams.

Options:

Option 1 - Trade Sheppard and Answerth for any two defenders under $1.194 million total. Which means I could grab players such as Houston and Simpson.

Option 2 - Trade Answerth and downgrade Zac Clarke to pick up Whitfield or Laird.

Option 3 - Trade Answerth to Houston and upgrade Marc Murphy to anyone under $767, such as Lyons, Prestia, Gaff or Whitfield. Or trade Answerth to Simpson and grab any midfielder under $710k such as Bont, M.Crouch or S.Ross.

Basically. evaluate these pairings for next week.

Option 1 - Murphy, Houston, Simpson
Option 2 - Murphy, Sheppard, Whitfield
Option 3a - Houston, Sheppard, Lyons/Gaff/Whitfield
Option 3b - Simpson, Sheppard, Bont/Crouch/Ross

Trade out Stewart or Salem?

To old man Simpson
Initial thoughts would be..

Melbourne are shot although I haven't bothered to look at matchups. Stewart looks more solid and plays for a 'winning' team. Teague seems to be putting players in the position where they'll have maximum impact. FWIW I think I'll bring in Newman for Stewart, don't have Salem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideally I'll be downgrading to ensure cover in defence/mid/forwards (missing def cover based on last week's teams, rucks isn't going to be possible). My team is finally 'complete' (no rookies on field anyway) so some downgrades this week will mean I have cover and then cap space for upgrades in the last round.

Options:

Option 1 - Trade Sheppard and Answerth for any two defenders under $1.194 million total. Which means I could grab players such as Houston and Simpson.

Option 2 - Trade Answerth and downgrade Zac Clarke to pick up Whitfield or Laird.

Option 3 - Trade Answerth to Houston and upgrade Marc Murphy to anyone under $767, such as Lyons, Prestia, Gaff or Whitfield. Or trade Answerth to Simpson and grab any midfielder under $710k such as Bont, M.Crouch or S.Ross.

Basically. evaluate these pairings for next week.

Option 1 - Murphy, Houston, Simpson
Option 2 - Murphy, Sheppard, Whitfield
Option 3a - Houston, Sheppard, Lyons/Gaff/Whitfield
Option 3b - Simpson, Sheppard, Bont/Crouch/Ross

Option 2 seems the most sensible and highest upside.

Crisp, Rocky, Boak were all disappointing but hardly trade out targets.

Telly, Laird, Clark and Ross all pulled their weight which was great.

And for now have coverage in all lines (though only Hind scored over 40...)

Will Dusty be back?
Snelling downgrade the best cash grab at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back