AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.
04 - langford.jpg

Contract Status: Restricted Free Agent 2026
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 8, boncer34

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Who's been getting a free pass? Ambrose was the only one that wasn't dreadful on Saturday.

Free pass is probably the wrong wording, But Langford always seems to be at the forefront of the criticism, He can do 5 good things and 1 bad and we all know what people will want to talk about.

I think Langford is almost the most critiqued player in our history for a 22 year old.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Free pass is probably the wrong wording, But Langford always seems to be at the forefront of the criticism, He can do 5 good things and 1 bad and we all know what people will want to talk about.

I think Langford is almost the most critiqued player in our history for a 22 year old.

Nah, Stanton for one copped this his entire career.

We always have at least one whipping boy.

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
He may have played well but his body of work has now manifested itself into an identified let down overall. I reckon most are ready to thank him for his service.
Way too early to make that call. He hasn't been as bad as some have made him out to be. Like i said earlier I'd love to see him play under a coach who gives clear directives to his players. JW wants his players to lead the way.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Way too early to make that call. He hasn't been as bad as some have made him out to be. Like i said earlier I'd love to see him play under a coach who gives clear directives to his players. JW wants his players to lead the way.
Maybe. He's so slow to respond though, and if we played him as a forward he'd still be competing with Begley and Laverde. I think he's trade bait.

It's always an interesting question, isnt it?

Lot's of criticism but basically total silence on the question of who we should have taken (with Blakely, Steele and McLean in the mix and Steele a GAS academy player).
And the thing is both were touted as top 10 and possibly top 5 picks as late as October but slid and most of the recruiting world was shocked at that.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
And the thing is both were touted as top 10 and possibly top 5 picks as late as October but slid and most of the recruiting world was shocked at that.
Yep.
I remember draft night well. Thought we came away with a good haul in those 2.
At 45 & 46, Daniel and Dale are performing better. Is it we just don't develop players well?

Surprised until now there have been no comments in this thread about D Clarke being dropped and Langford retaining his position in the team...
Plenty of such comments to be found in the preview thread, most people don't bother repeating themselves

Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Surprised until now there have been no comments in this thread about D Clarke being dropped and Langford retaining his position in the team...
Its all part of the master plan. It has worked wonders for Ridley being dropped when he was going ok and a spell in the 2s will take Clarke to a different level.

Just realised I am in the Langers thread oops.

Back