Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a religious man but can we all bow our heads and pray that Haggers and Young are not full of crap this time and the Saints are actually offering 1.2m a year to Hill coz we are looking at some juicy juicy assets if true.

Haha just asking! Dam that rules him out he is a gun one of my favourites. We got unders but it makes up with the Crozier trade where you guys got unders for what he is doing for us
Yeah I was harsh there’s just no way even with the whole Kersten thing. I assume that rumour wasn’t from one of you better ITKs since you guys have a couple of decent ones

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah I was harsh there’s just no way even with the whole Kersten thing. I assume that rumour wasn’t from one of you better ITKs since you guys have a couple of decent ones
Water cooler talk from a bloke in the office not from our posters that are ITK. We are just desperate for a player like Joel and will surely go hard for one via trade/FA so its joining the dots as to who the key target is.

Shoeless Joe

Team Captain
May 22, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Agree SPP would be good depth

Cox is too slow to play in defence..As a forward his kicking at goal is suburban league standard...We are right for tall forwards Lobb,Hogan Tabs,Dixon.

Not qualified to say whether SPP would pass the DH test
Mind you Hoges passed even after the Santa Claus video

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I am not a religious man but can we all bow our heads and pray that Haggers and Young are not full of crap this time and the Saints are actually offering 1.2m a year to Hill coz we are looking at some juicy juicy assets if true.
Jackpot if true. Will equate to pick 6 and change. Not really interested in Acres after the weekend’s game.

Jake_Pizzuto

Team Captain
Aug 28, 2018
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now that I think about it, Ed and Bradley better have told the club of their intentions to leave (if that's even true) before the year had started. Duursma would've been perfect as a wing replacement, who went one spot after Sturt.

If we did know, then its surprising that we didn't go for Duursma

Rion

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now that I think about it, Ed and Bradley better have told the club of their intentions to leave (if that's even true) before the year had started. Duursma would've been perfect as a wing replacement, who went one spot after Sturt.

If we did know, then its surprising that we didn't go for Duursma

I mean Duursma would have been far better than Sturt regardless...

ilikepotatoes

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pistons, Glory
WC have been the kings of players with off field issues from Hunter then Cousins and his cronies thru to Ryan recently. It hasn't affected their on field performances. Culture has meant nothing to WC. They draft to win games not popularity contests.
You really think the media wouldn't jump on Ryan (in particular) if he was a fremantle player? He'd have been run out of the league.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I mean Duursma would have been far better than Sturt regardless...
Hard to argue otherwise at this point. Duursma has played 19 games and averaged almost 20 possessions a game in his first season.

It is certainly early days for Sturt who was relatively raw to footy and had never done even an underage preseason. His year heavily impacted by head injuries. Looks to have added a decent amount of bulk so would be nice to see him debut in the next week or two.

But Duursma has been an excellent selection for Port at 18 and would have been very handy as an outside mid for Freo.

UYD 4 Life

All Australian
Nov 27, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Current Wish list

Retain hill brothers
Secure Tim Kelly
Secure Callum ah chee
Have 2 picks prior to Henry bid
Open to trades for Tabs, Langdon, Tucker Hughes
Draft any of Ash, Kemp, Jackson, Rivers, Taylor, Sharp

Been reading these boards for years but only posted a couple times but reading the Brad Hill page on the dnt is it me or saints fans extra stupid?
Mate, they are the reasonable ones, a lot of their board reckon he’s worth a 2nd round pick at best.

I read a lot of the other boards. Hawks are the most arrogant by a long way but a lot of the Saints peeps just have no idea about how this stuff works. The same ones that think Hill is a 2nd think they are getting a first plus change for Steven. They are nice guys (one or two exceptions) but their is a disproportionate amount of numpty on that board.

Dirty_banchez

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hate articles like these"

"The Dockers have spoken to midfielder Brad Hill about him exploring a trade to a Melbourne club. Fremantle have said that they expect Hill – contracted for two more years – to stay with the club, which is in competition for Geelong’s out-of-contract Tim Kelly, who may again seek a trade to West Coast or Fremantle for family reasons."

Does this mean Freo have spoken to Brad and told him we are not trading you? Or is it "We will trade you if the deal is incredible, but you are a required player"?

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hard to argue otherwise at this point. Duursma has played 19 games and averaged almost 20 possessions a game in his first season.

It is certainly early days for Sturt who was relatively raw to footy and had never done even an underage preseason. His year heavily impacted by head injuries. Looks to have added a decent amount of bulk so would be nice to see him debut in the next week or two.

But Duursma has been an excellent selection for Port at 18 and would have been very handy as an outside mid for Freo.
I personally don't think Duursma's ceiling is that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back