Not open for further replies.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
But friend, second wife has made statement as witness to husband dressing up in womens undergarments. There's also the 'box' investigators found, with his DNA all over the contents of said 'box'.
I am sure most men have dressed up in their wifes underwear for a laugh. As for the box, Cricket is our national sport.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
I am sure most men have dressed up in their wifes underwear for a laugh.

More likely when in a hurry to get some on, when they have run out of clean undies, and none of the kids one's fit, and they are not going on a date, or in search of a new mate, and wearing the undies of last resort, is a better option than either unclean ones, a thin pair of running shorts, sports skins, or no undies. But no laughing matter.

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Same, agree that particular knot evidence should be thrown out. What I'm really curious about is if this 'cord' or whatever it is, is the same bindings that had print shops being looked into? If I remember this correctly, there was some sort of residue left on the ties that indicated a transfer of lettering? A chemical used in print shops or ink ..

There was a lot of discussion about it.

Post arrest with knowledge of who he was, my head went straight away to line for hanging drying photographs in a dark room which is probably wrong but I'm still curious as to what the residue was and if it was found on the KK victims ties or other.
Line marking paint would be my guess. Telstra haul ropes in the back of the van would presumably be covered in the stuff

Sorbet Bliss

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2018
Wait... What's going on here? Did I miss something? I didn't think BRE was due to appear in court again until October? Yet it says here on the Supreme Court listings he's scheduled to appear via video link for a directional hearing tomorrow (Tuesday 13th August)
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Sorbet Bliss

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2018
I also noticed last night (and again this morning to be sure before I posted) that the recent 9th August 2019 WASC doc (see below) has been removed from the decisions citation list on the ecourts portal website and the link I provided on here and media thread when clicked on now comes up with;
"This document is no longer available" message.
(It is however still available via the austlii website)
We might see an amended version of this document published on the ecourts portal before today's directions hearing, so will keep an eye out.

THE STATE OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA -v- EDWARDS [No 2] [2019] WASC 282

HEARD: 24 & 25 JUNE 2019
DELIVERED: 9 AUGUST 2019

Criminal law - Evidence - Whether evidence is relevant - Rulings made.

Below is the ecourts portal "recent decisions by party name" link. Although straight forward, for those who aren't familiar with navigating the site Scroll down to the list of letters in alphabetical order, click on E>ED> BRE's name and you'll see that the 9th of August judgement in the citation list is missing.

Casefile has a new CSK podcast out From the Files

A little bit of new information, through the Huntingdale Prowler Series a mini taskforce was formed to investigate the crimes.

Given how seriously the offences were taken, it's beyond me how the prowlers fingerprint that was lifted as evidence failed to make it into the new system.

Still listening to this Casefile pod and something else jumped out regards the Telstra living witnesses. The host asked the reporter who's been at most of the court hearings if the Telstra witnesses reported their account to the police when it happened and it's thought at this stage, due to the comprehensive detail that they did.

Sorbet Bliss

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2018
This just in;

"At a directions hearing on Tuesday, prosecutors made an application for a suppression order, which Justice Stephen Hall begrudgingly granted, saying it "should have been anticipated before now".
"I would ask the state give careful consideration of what is to come," Justice Hall said.

"The reprimand comes four days after Justice Hall reminded prosecutors he had drawn "a line in the sand" regarding new evidence, which will now only be allowed with his approval after a formal application."

"He made the comment after future applications were flagged, warning they may not be granted if they came too late."

"At a directions hearing on Tuesday, prosecutors made an application for a suppression order, which Justice Stephen Hall begrudgingly granted, saying it "should have been anticipated before now".
"I would ask the state give careful consideration of what is to come," Justice Hall said.

Did we see something we shouldn't have? ;)

Yep. Derp.

A former boyfriend of the first wife of Bradley Robert Edwards – who is accused of being the Claremont serial killer – will have his name suppressed during the upcoming triple murder trial, after a belated application by prosecutors to keep his identity secret.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas

Full marks to everyone on here, for not quoting/naming in here, names that have now been suppressed, because they thought they should have been suppressed in the first place, and to protect/respect the privacy of witnesses to this case.

Sorbet Bliss

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2018
At a directions hearing on Tuesday, prosecutors made an application to suppress a witness's name, which Justice Stephen Hall begrudgingly granted, saying it was "frankly annoying".

"He noted the name of the witness had been mentioned at least 35 times at a June hearing and the need for a suppression "should have been anticipated before now".

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I guess anyone that downloaded a copy of the original document (eg, moi) should run their texta over a certain name. Only problem is that the name's suppressed now so we don't know* which name to run it over unless we check in to the above website, which we may or may not.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
There was some talk that full disclosure hadn't occurred yet either ... so I'm curious whether they've handed over the DNA evidence and report yet?

Krusty Crab

Team Captain
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Casefile has a new CSK podcast out From the Files

A little bit of new information, through the Huntingdale Prowler Series a mini taskforce was formed to investigate the crimes.

Given how seriously the offences were taken, it's beyond me how the prowlers fingerprint that was lifted as evidence failed to make it into the new system.

its also beyond me how they were never solved. if it was just a usual investigative case you could be excused for thinking the detectives were over worked and short on time to spend on the case. given there was a task force formed its surprising they were never solved.

its also beyond me how they were never solved. if it was just a usual investigative case you could be excused for thinking the detectives were over worked and short on time to spend on the case. given there was a task force formed its surprising they were never solved.

Very surprising, agree. And then he just stopped. IMO a teenager with a sexually driven compulsion that seems almost frenzied, that is clearly he was out of control and prepared to extreme violence - does not just stop without some sort of medical or psychiatric intervention. Or a huge fright, like getting caught.

I'm a bit suspicious that it was simply that he conveniently acquired a girlfriend and when most might run at the first sight of knotted stockings, nighties and ladies underwear.

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
There was some talk that full disclosure hadn't occurred yet either ... so I'm curious whether they've handed over the DNA evidence and report yet?
you'd hope they had otherwise it's going to look really really bad on the prosecution side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back