List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Masten. Out of favour in the Weagles midfield, unrestricted free agent.

I've never rated him, but he is a premiership player and certainly got better as he aged. Not sure what his training standards are like and all that stuff, but worth a look if West Coast only offer him a 1 year deal or don't contract him at all?

Even if we don't guarantee him games, he might prefer one or two guaranteed years of money if he doesn't get that from West Coast.
Why would we want a 30 year old midfielder who is a fringe player at his current club

Important to realise 1 coach demands you spread both ways and put in defensively big time the other is all buddy buddy who wants us all flat footed in an inner circle singing ring around a rosey not wanting to hurt anyones feelings. ANB could/did spread both ways but we'd rather play slow inside mids on the wing and bring them instead the contest and play him forward or not at all. No point getting anybody if the coaching doesnt change otherwise its gonna be Langdon the FF or Hill the small forward. I am in no way saying ANB is as good but under Ross the Toss hed be on the wing with an actual game plan
Liked for the under Ross the Toss image

Would be happy to offer Casboult 2 years
No from me on principle. He'd be Dawes mkII, with better hands but worse kicking.

On Brayshaw, I'm torn on whether or not to trade him. Yeah he's had an ordinary year and if we want Hill/Langdon etc we'll need currency but I fear this is a baby going with the bathwater moment. We've had a s**t year for all sorts of reasons and while Brayshaw has been ordinary if that was the criteria for punting players we wouldn't have a list bar Gawn and maybe Harmes.

I think we should keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cockatoo isn’t a forward, he’s a mid.

He's injured so often I don't think it matters what he is. Not a particularly bright player either, from what I've seen. Hard pass unless he's free.

Chris Masten. Out of favour in the Weagles midfield, unrestricted free agent.

I've never rated him, but he is a premiership player and certainly got better as he aged. Not sure what his training standards are like and all that stuff, but worth a look if West Coast only offer him a 1 year deal or don't contract him at all?

Even if we don't guarantee him games, he might prefer one or two guaranteed years of money if he doesn't get that from West Coast.

Not saying its a bad idea, but I suspect this is exactly how the Shannon Byrnes recruitment call was made as well. He'd improve our list and probably our best 22, but not by much and we've got a fair few guys who can play that midfield / half forward role.

Do you seriously think anyone would give pick 6 for him now?
Coming from the bloke who who gives me s**t for strawman arguments for * sake. Pick a bloke who's been injured and at his lowest value point currently in the first year of a 4 year contract while the teams at its lowest point since Neeld was here.

How about this? List our better key defenders and go...
I'll answer for you no one.

we could do worse, clearly Tmac needs way more support down there.
Tmac played his best footy last year with a raw as * weideman. He doesn't need support he needs to not be injured and not have a bunch of dumb campaigners kicking it to him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back