Autopsy Round 21, 2019: St.Kilda v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Like many of the male umps she is an idiot
My biggest knock on her is her bouncing. Her bounces go maybe two thirds the height of other umpires which completely changes how the rucks operate and she seems to get them straight and accurate maybe one out of four. Watched her bouncing for Marshall pre-game and he couldn't get to a lot of them.

My biggest knock on her is her bouncing. Her bounces go maybe two thirds the height of other umpires which completely changes how the rucks operate and she seems to get them straight and accurate maybe one out of four. Watched her bouncing for Marshall pre-game and he couldn't get to a lot of them.
Was watching that myself LOL it was not good

Because she did exactly what you said umpires are taught to do. You are confusing me.
Stick to their guns with players. If a non-controlling ump sees something else you accept their call. One of the main points of having multiple umpires is multiple points of view,

Stick to their guns with players. If a non-controlling ump sees something else you accept their call. One of the main points of having multiple umpires is multiple points of view,
I would have thought the controlling umpire gets right of way. She saw high contact. He saw holding the ball. Surely she wins the argument. Why is he right and she wrong?

I would have thought the controlling umpire gets right of way. She saw high contact. He saw holding the ball. Surely she wins the argument. Why is he right and she wrong?
Non-controlling umpires only ever blow their whistle if they believe they see something the controlling umpire missed, you don't blow the whistle unless you're certain. As a rule of thumb the controlling umpire defers to what they've seen. Control refers to position relative the ball rather than one being in charge.

Admittedly I'm applying twenty year old knowledge from the two umpire system in lower grades, point still stands that I haven't seen umpires disagree that publicly before.

Non-controlling umpires only ever blow their whistle if they believe they see something the controlling umpire missed, you don't blow the whistle unless you're certain. As a rule of thumb the controlling umpire defers to what they've seen. Control refers to position relative the ball rather than one being in charge.

Admittedly I'm applying twenty year old knowledge from the two umpire system in lower grades, point still stands that I haven't seen umpires disagree that publicly before.
They defer because the controlling umpire is usually calling play on. In this case she actually saw something He saw something else. I believe that means she wins. I think she is a terrible umpire but in this case she was tough standing her ground.

It's a joke he hasn't received one yet. And it's looking like he will miss out because they have favoured giving the nominations to forwards all year.

16 disposals, 5 tackles, 6 marks, 3 of those contested including the match saver and a goal! Just incredible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have nothing against acres at all. Doubt I’ve wanted him dropped for 3 or 4 years. I wouldn’t care who that was. It’s a basic skill that any person on here could just about do. Most other things on a footy field none of us could do including kicking a goal from 40. I could argue those who rate acres think people are only looking at fault with him. If I was doing that I would have knocked a very ordinary game by him.
Reckon you’re making it sound simpler than it was... he’s injured, running back with the flight of the ball, expecting a goal, but the ball drops short so he’s in two minds whether to sheppard or go for a mark.

Next person to diss goat is a ******* dead man.

Took some Sth African friends who are learning the game.

Told him before the start that if you can kick 12 against them you will win.

Typical ultra defensive game with 36 players inside the 50 at either end.

Apart from.winning and some individual efforts it was IMO an average game to watch.

Our skills were ordinary for most. I guess we judge our own harshly, but I reckon we got out of jail today.
Ross Lyon makes all games he is involved in boring to watch.

Acres' hesitancy was on full display in the last. When Lonie had the shot from 50 and Acres was on the line, he just had to either sheppard or go for the mark. Instead he stood and watched Logue jump and get a hand on it. I get that he would've been wary of giving away a free but he had to try harder than that.
he was injured..

Things must be going OK when the best thing we can find to argue about in a 3 point win is whether Acres should have done better in a one-on-one in the goal square that ended up being touched by the Freo defender.

Anyone remember Carlisle's 20m kick straight to a Freo forward or Stuv's dinky little sideways kick in our attacking 50 that was intercepted by a Freo player coming back with the play?

Players make mistakes or zone out (ball watching) all the time yet Blake Acres is the guy that gets the space cadet label.
Also saw a few missed tackles from newnes Hind and Billings

trade Lonie, whilst he has some currency
to little, has a terrible conversion , because,
he never has played the team game ,
one way of keeping Jack he can play permanent forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back